R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-13-2008, 05:54 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon madness View Post
So how do the Custom ID PTX transponders work. Like how do you come about what numbers to use as to not have an issue with the amb transponders?
Because it's not possible to know what AMB numbers already exist or will be made in the future the PTX has other numbers that can be used if necessary. It's the same with a cloned PTX transponder there's extra numbers supplied, but whether you have a PT or not you end up with a PTX that you connect up the same as a PT. There could be another PT 'out there' somewhere in the world on the same number, because of this we end up with having alternative numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughbeard View Post
I was planning on ordering a custom ID version with my daughters birthday as the numbers

Now I have a question regarding that. can we use it on mYlaps? and what happens when a AMB transponder is the same as your MRT transponder?
Hi Toughbeard, it's not possible to pick your own number as theisgroup explained, the same as with AMB PT's. Regarding mylaps and race control software etc, it's your name and your transponder number that gets entered into the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
How do I go about ordering a PTX with a custom ID number? None of the order forms I have found mention it.
Hi wingracer, you only need the form when ordering cloned transponders, you send it along with your PT and use it to specify the custom options you require etc. To order a non-cloned transponder you click the 'more info & ordering' link on the www.rclaps.com main page. To answer your question about leads, the leads that are fitted can been used with Airtronics or Sanwa (remove the locating tab) or you can always fit your own if you prefer. The base can also be replaced, or an optional base without tabs fitted so you can swap between bases.
Terry_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:45 AM   #32
Tech Fanatic

The basic Custom ID PTX transponders are the R9980, R9981 and R9984 and with customised LED & lead it's R9982, R9983 or R9985. The PTX descriptions are on the rclaps web site if you <click> the 'More Info & Ordering' link
Old 06-13-2008, 07:46 AM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

terry, how do we get the special pricing and free shipping? the web site orders does not have the discount for the second and free shipping

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:00 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Hi Yang, the web site ordering is not for basic clone orders you just need to send your PT to us along with your return address and PT number. We will contact you for payment after we have received your PT and your order is ready.

The web site with online ordering is for PTX 'Custom ID' transponders (non-clones) and clone re-ordering if we already have your PT number and data from a previous order where you sent your PT to us. I think we have already sorted the total to pay and shipping etc.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

cool. I will just send mine in.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 09:06 AM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Ok we will look out for it!
Old 06-13-2008, 01:17 PM   #37
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S View Post
'm surprised nobody has said they have an interesting or special number like 2345678 or 3456789 they would be easy ones to remember.
My transponder number is 9955595 I think this is easy to remember.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 05:10 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

lol, lucky you

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 06:01 PM   #39
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
You Will not be disappointed
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #40
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTour View Post
Terry,

I think I've read all the info here...lets see if I have it correct.

a)New PTX transponder is really small (about 1/2 the size of the AMBrc)

b)The NEW PTX transponder comes with "10" different I.D. numbers built in and is selectable. The chances of all 10 of these available ID's being used is slim to none, so there should be no problem using these at any events.

c)The NEW PTX cannot really be cloned, because it's got 10 available channels in it...that were probably selected randomly based on previous cloned unit I.D.'s, but if you want it cloned...you would add the cloned numbers into the 10 number mix...or can it actually hold MORE than 10...if you have more personal numbers you want cloned and added in.

d)The CLUB version, I assume is designed to be used with a scoring program being used in a NON AMBrc mod (Or in AMB20 mode) so it is only selected by the LAST digit. But, would these still work with the program in the full AMBrc mode where the 7 digit number is used?

...I know this will be a VERY popular item...can't wait to see the production price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry_S View Post
Hi SWTour, thanks for your comments. Some things with transponders only make sense if you're involved with running meetings and using the autocount system and software etc, I guess you're one of them.. a race organiser?

Here's the answers:

a) Correct.

b) Correct, no problem using them but two people can't be on the same number in the same race for obvious reasons!

c) Yes, think of the PTX as 10 PT's in one with one standard 'set' of 10 numbers plus the option to have your existing PT number programmed in. The 'custom cloned number' option is for those people who want to move over to the PTX and still keep their existing number(s).

d) The 'club' PTX is has a single 7 digit number just like any exisitng PT, except that the number is from a club rechargeable transponder. They are used by clubs instead of their normal rechargeables. Either they replace their whole set of house TP's with 10 or 20 PTX's or as many as they need.

Terry, the questions above asked by SWTour come from your other thread. I thought they were great ones and thanks Joe. Your reply was easy enough for me to understand this time. I read the thread in the past and just felt lost. I have spent the last two hours researching your threads and have not seen these questions asked before. Now if you can answer my simple questions, I may be ready to order a batch of the PTXs like... yesterday!

1) How is the lead replaceable?

2) Does the top cover or bottom cover come off to replace the leads?

3) If so, wouldn't that allow moisture to get in or am I just panicking over nothing?

4) I've haven't seen PTXs with an option of 10+1 custom #. If available is it less money to buy? Is it only available in 20+1 custom #? I'm looking to save money if possible. I have dowloaded a form and waiting to decide. Also, you have another PM. Thanks Paco.

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:38 PM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Hi Paco, YGPM

To answer your questions..

1) The lead is replaceable by removing the base, undo 4 screws.

2) The base is removable/replaceable, it can be changed between a 3 hole tab mount base or a non tab base. To change the lead it can be cut (inside the case) and another lead soldered on.

3) The lead comes out through the sealed waterproofing so you don't effect the seal so no moisture can get in.

4) We only have the 20+1 number available, 2 sets of 10 numbers ('Set 1' and 'Set 2') plus either a Custom ID# or a Clone ID#. The shrinkwrap 'shrink' versions with 20+1 numbers are the cheapest PTX transponder version (but not waterproof or fuelproof).
Old 07-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #42
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hello Terry, PM replied. I guess 20+1 cloned # is the way to go for me. Just need verification on address in PM, a few more questions and I'll will be sending you my PT.

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:56 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post

Its about time you get one of these
Mike's Hobbyshop in Dallas (RIP)
Nor-Cal Hobbies [The Race Place]
tpczx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:09 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to keepitmovin504

alright Terry received the transponder and man it is tiny! I'll let you know how it goes on saturday. Thanks for the help through the pm
Old 07-10-2008, 04:20 AM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Hi Paco, address verified etc in PM.

Hi Arlen, that's great you received it.. and yes we make them tiny!