Old 09-15-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My next batch of 10 arrived.

Thanks Terry.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Great news John, thanks for your order. Hope you like the new 'slim' case.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Great news John, thanks for your order. Hope you like the new 'slim' case.
Very nice indeed. I think these will disappear quickly. I've already been approached for 6 of them.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

my mrt ptx performed poorly. I know it must have missed a few laps each round at the iic because I did not make the A. lol

great product terry. Wish I could have put it in the a for ya. will take care of you as soon as I can.

thanks again
yang
Old 09-16-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks John, good they are selling fast!

Originally Posted by theisgroup
my mrt ptx performed poorly. I know it must have missed a few laps each round at the iic because I did not make the A. lol

great product terry. Wish I could have put it in the a for ya. will take care of you as soon as I can.

thanks again
yang
Thanks Yang, I like the joke about missing laps

.. maybe the A next time
Old 09-16-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

i posted some messages on a few local forums and gathered some people interested
You might see an order of about 10 PT's coming from Belgium, Mr Terry
Old 09-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you, we'll be ready!
Old 09-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Mr Terry,

I just read the oOple-review on the Durango-car and there was a section in it about the MRT-pt's.
Jimmy oople mentioned that the MRT-PTX also came with an optional 3-hole bottom plate included.
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/revie...10/page07.html , page 7 on the revieuw.
Is this a standard feature now?
Just needed it to know because one of the PT's I'll be ordering needs tabs. ANd if those tabs come included, there will be no need to specify to a "tabbed" pt, I guess.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I got in on these when they first hit the market. Mine is Purple with a different color led. I got it about 3.5 years ago and it still works great.
Thanks Terry for the great work
Old 09-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Low_E
Mr Terry,

I just read the oOple-review on the Durango-car and there was a section in it about the MRT-pt's.
Jimmy oople mentioned that the MRT-PTX also came with an optional 3-hole bottom plate included.
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/revie...10/page07.html , page 7 on the revieuw.
Is this a standard feature now?
Just needed it to know because one of the PT's I'll be ordering needs tabs. ANd if those tabs come included, there will be no need to specify to a "tabbed" pt, I guess.

They haven't come with both in the past...

But if you need just a tabbed base

http://www.team-mrt.com/mrtwebshop/e...%23post4319440

Or a not tabbed base

http://www.team-mrt.com/mrtwebshop/e...%23post4319440
Old 09-17-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

We don't supply bases with the transponders, but they are available to buy (Ed has shown the store page links above).
The review PTX has the direct mount base and 3-hole tab mount base included to show both types.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I got in on these when they first hit the market. Mine is Purple with a different color led. I got it about 3.5 years ago and it still works great.
Thanks Terry for the great work
Thanks Paul, good to hear yours still works great. We're still getting AMB's with broken leads turn up all the time, PT leads seem to be prone to breaking when they get old and worn. Cloning is the way to keep your ID number and continue with a personal transponder, just get a new and improved cloned PTX!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

just read something strange ... (on another forum, in another language).
I was talking there about MRT-pt's, also telling they were as good (or prolly even better) then AMB-pt's to convice people they do not need to buy the "original" and expensive AMB-pt's to be able to have the benefit of a PT ...

anyway, I got a reaction there from a bloke telling MRT-pt's were rubbish and that he never had had problems with his original AMB-pt, where his MRT-pt gave problems.
Hey, everyone is entitled to have his own opinion, but I wrote that this amazed me somehow and that this was the first time I heard someone complain about the MRT-pt's.
I then got a reaction that this was wrong. That there indeed allready have been several complaints about the MRT-quality ... and that those complaints had been made on this forum: RCTech.

Again, I have no problem with complaints. One can learn and improve from rightfull critisism ... but I have read through the two MRT-PT-threads that I know off on RCTech and I have not read about people complaining about missing laps (where they have no such problem with AMB-pt's?)
And I would think these two MRT-threads are exactly the place to publish those problems ??

Does someone know about other threads were people mention having issues with MRT-pt's, here on RCTech? With valid arguments?
Old 09-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Low_E, I know people can have problems with both AMB and MRT transponders. I don't know of any compaints mentioned on rctech but then I'm not regularly on here to know. Maybe someone can help with a link so we can read about it.

Any transponders, both AMB and MRT can have missing laps. There are reasons why transponders have missed laps, mainly to do with installation and power/connection problems but also to do with the decoder and loop. It's not a problem with the product quality. With most products some people like one product and not another for some reason, size, specs, options etc, mostly we seem to hear about people complaining about the AMB prices.

The AMBrc system sometimes can have 'glitches' some transponders don't count some laps for unexplained reasons. If you have problems at different tracks then it's usually a problem to do with the transponder.

If you have a problem it's best to try and find the solution at the track, the club can usually help to fix it. It's the same with transponders as with radio glitches and interference some people can have more problems than others, most people don't have any problems.

Anyone with transponder problems needs to say about it, there's usually someone with the answer on the forums.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Ty
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Terry,
Got my 2 cloned transponders and my original back. That was ridiculously fast. Thanks for the excellent service and product.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.