Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
charging orion lipo...... >

charging orion lipo......

charging orion lipo......

Reply

Old 06-04-2008, 06:05 PM
  #16  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,184
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Higher C charge rate just charges faster and possibly reduces overall life of pack. It should have no performance impact.
higher C Charge , will lose life & not have more power ?
RC MARKET is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:07 PM
  #17  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
higher C Charge , will lose life & not have more power ?
Yes.
or8ital is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:16 PM
  #18  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,184
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Yes.
ok thanks !
but do you need discharge Li-Po battery ?
RC MARKET is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:21 PM
  #19  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

No need to discharge. SMC said to cycle to get heat up (better performance when cells are hot) but you can just heat them instead.
or8ital is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:27 PM
  #20  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
lem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: OC
Posts: 3,061
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default How many??

I use a MuchMore Silent Charger, how many amps will I charge a 4800 Orion Lipo and an Orion 3600?

Do i need the trakpower v-balance to charge thru?

Thanks

Lem
lem2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:35 PM
  #21  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
espresso1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,102
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING View Post
You can get away with charging at 2C. but you must allow time for cooling after your race. I ran the same 3600 for about 3 clubrace days and the pack started to swell. I was only charging at 1C. You have to be careful. I would invest in another pack or two. I don't see your packs lasting long if you continue on this path.

What is the recommended cooling off period for a lipo after a race? I picked up three lipos but was thinking while practicing, charging the first one that I just finished practicing with, but did not think about letting it cool off. I would hate to have a lipo failure at the track.
espresso1967 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:45 PM
  #22  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by lem2 View Post
I use a MuchMore Silent Charger, how many amps will I charge a 4800 Orion Lipo and an Orion 3600?

Do i need the trakpower v-balance to charge thru?

Thanks

Lem
4.8 amps for the 4800. 3.6 amps for the 3600.
or8ital is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 08:26 PM
  #23  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
lem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: OC
Posts: 3,061
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
4.8 amps for the 4800. 3.6 amps for the 3600.
thanks!
lem2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:49 AM
  #24  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
POUNDITRACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newport, RI
Posts: 3,063
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by espresso1967 View Post
What is the recommended cooling off period for a lipo after a race? I picked up three lipos but was thinking while practicing, charging the first one that I just finished practicing with, but did not think about letting it cool off. I would hate to have a lipo failure at the track.
About 20 min. 10 on a fan.
POUNDITRACING is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:43 AM
  #25  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,184
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
No need to discharge. SMC said to cycle to get heat up (better performance when cells are hot) but you can just heat them instead.
But SMC said Li-Po battery had remember.
tomorrow can test new 30C Li-Po la !!
RC MARKET is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service