R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-27-2008, 11:34 AM   #421
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Bazzer

This was my very first trip to The Gate and it was fantastic and I"m already looking forward to making it down there again very soon. Thw whole weekend was a blast met a lot of really great people, and was the first time I had every spent 17 straight hours at the track in one day! The Gate Crew in one word, Awesome

I would like to send out a very special thanks to EA for all of his help this past weekend, along with his generosity that came a long with it. Also to Casey ( The Bear) Ratke thanks for the set up and tire tips, most of all thanks for the 10.5 to help power me through the weekend, hope you both guys had safe trips home. Hopefully all if not most of you guys make it up to Fastcats, as it really is a great facility and John runs a great program.

See you all in Dec.

Bazzer
Bazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #422
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Great race guys. First time I have been to the Gayte and I loved it. Fun times hanging out and joking with everyone. Racing was good, my driving was not. lol.

Congrats to all the winners. Can't wait for the nats at the Gate.

180 and 360 Raceway. Best on the East Coast. Take your pick
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #423
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

We'd love to see some pics of the event or video

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:15 PM   #424
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well, it was yet another great trip to the Gate and a highly enjoyable outing (as usual). thanks to all the crew who works so hard to keep this venue and this annual event up and running. I look forward to it all year and I always find the Gate races to be among the best and the most fun of all. No question that I'll come back as long as these awesome races are offered. If the organizers don't mind, please accept two suggestions for next time:

1) Perhaps the guys in the lower mains (and qualifiers) could use a bit more warning for when they are going to be up so that they can ready themselves. While I appreciate that the racing moves along briskly so that all can hit the road as early as possible on Sunday, I do think that the guys in the bottom mains might have appreciated a little more consideration (with more than 10 minutes between the end of qualifying and the start of racing).

2) I always look forward to running with and against all the best guys. This is a big part of why I enjoy my road trips to Ohio so much, since there's always such a concentration of driver talent in attendance. This time I found it somewhat disappointing that guys like Smyka, Pulpher, Calandra, Ezro, Lonergan, Fershing, EA, etc......were discouraged from entering the 17.5 class. It's not often that we get so many talented drivers all gathered at one event, and it seems perhaps a little odd that we excluded a number of them from stock this time just because they are "too good" or because of their past successes. To my mind, there's no such thing as too good and I very much enjoy the challenge of racing against the very best drivers no matter what class they choose. Can we think about not excluding anybody just because they have had 'too much success' in the past?

please don't interpret these suggestions as complaints. They are not. They are merely suggestions that I think might help to make a great event even greater.

respectfully,
Perry
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:28 PM   #425
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim View Post
We'd love to see some pics of the event or video
some people have jobs...got in at 2am woke up at 6:30 to go to work..

video tonight, at work right now. dave chester has some real good pictures he said he was going to post to his site. which "A" main should I post first? I think I got them all.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #426
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have heard of the Gate for years and always wanted to get to a race there. Lots of fun. Well set-up facility. I now want to find a way to get there for the Nats this year, there is no doubt that with the crew there, they can successfully host this race.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:52 PM   #427
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikvdub View Post
WOW!!!.......... The first one is in the Books!........
that it is …

rather than posting an infinitely long message thanking everyone, i'd like to, in general, mention the few things that really made this year’s classic stand out to me. we’ll call them the highlights:

first, i saw a ton of new faces. most of them carrying smiles on them, which seemed to be a departure from the general attitude of the on-road gang these days. that was an awesome thing to see after the months of planning that went into all the unique qualities of the series…

second, the raw attendance numbers, which further support the above. it was a late ramp up (it always is), but the entry influx these last few weeks totally blew us away …

third, the amount of racers who were able to abide by our rigorous schedule. yes, it was grueling late on saturday, but the classic is about racing, and it appeared that everyone came to do just that. after 112 heats were run, i could count on one hand the number of people who missed a heat. that’s an impressive crowd of racers!

fourth, from the bottom to the top, i saw a lot of racers going tone to tone in the mains. we had some of the best starts (on the whole) that i’ve seen at a big race… and, as always, some of the best racing.

lastly (for now) , i saw a ton of racers (local and non) stepping up to the plate, be it as a volunteer marshal, posting the results, or silently cleaning up the facility w/o being asked. that says all the thanks in the world to us, and should to everyone present.

in the end, the gate didn’t put a race on. the gate simply held a race, that the racers put on. i can’t tell you how awesome it was be part of. these are the guys that love racing, and that couldn’t have been conveyed any more clearly …

… with great attitudes, and high intensity!

we'll see you in less than two months, at the best r/c on-road facility in north america (and yes, i'm pretty confident in that claim)....

http://www.fastcats.ca/

Last edited by seaball; 10-27-2008 at 07:06 PM.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #428
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow,

The Gate, it’s crew and all the racers involved set the bar very high for the Grand Slam Series. It will be an impressive feat to out shine what was pulled off. For once, that didn’t include Goetz’s clothes.

The schedule was amazing and allowed me to run 3 classes with enough time to run 3 classes AND get into plenty of trouble. This was one of the best races I’ve been to.

Thanks again and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

How do you spell Canada?
C ‘eh’ N ‘eh’ D ‘eh

Last edited by The Bear; 10-27-2008 at 08:30 PM. Reason: ,,
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:47 PM   #429
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

to the crew at the GATE chicky, chris, herm and mike.
you put on a great race
Had a great time at the GATE even if i drove like sh t.

fairtrace sr.
LARRY F SR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #430
Tech Elite

As always i had a great time at the gate....can't wait to go back!

I don't think i have ever had so much fun at a race, between the pit humor and the racing it was awesome.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:27 PM   #431
Tech Master

First time at the gate and what a blast. Wanted to thank the guys for hosting thye event and pitting with the 360 and RC Excitement guys.

Now to get the driving thing down.
Kregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:16 PM   #432
Tech Adept

pics
Attached Thumbnails
Northeast Grand Slam Series-1_dsc1585c.jpg   Northeast Grand Slam Series-1_dsc1736c.jpg   Northeast Grand Slam Series-1_dsc1802c.jpg   Northeast Grand Slam Series-1_dsc1825c.jpg   Northeast Grand Slam Series-1_dsc2058c.jpg  

www.davidchesterphotography.com
DChester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #433
Tech Adept

Attached Thumbnails
Northeast Grand Slam Series-1_dsc2301c.jpg   Northeast Grand Slam Series-1_dsc2284c.jpg   Northeast Grand Slam Series-1_dsc2100c.jpg   Northeast Grand Slam Series-1_dsc2093c.jpg  

www.davidchesterphotography.com
DChester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 PM   #434
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I had a great time at The Gate even though Casey was there . Thanks to the organizers and all of the racers bringing their A game. It was my first time at The Gate and I home to be back for more in the future. I just wish every track had John's FastLaps system.

I took a bunch of videos at the race. Its going to take a few days to post all of the videos. Here is the first one of many, Touring Car Pro Foam A-main:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:40 PM   #435
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

"A" main TA race video check it out here

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...en_Classic_TA_
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote