R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-26-2008, 07:37 AM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Or8, would you be refering to me in that last example? If so Mike is sponsered by Integy and my packs were by Integy, enough said. But in the end I had to ship them back to the company becasue the sponsered driver did not help me with their own products. Being a sponsered driver defently has ins pros and cons.
racingboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
So lets see my posts consisted of me saying:

- I worked 50-60 hours a week when going to school full time, it can be done.
- I posted a smiley face to point out that working at the hobby shop is a better route
- I suggested to Bill that working at the track would allow you to work and race at the same time vs working someplace else. Thus saving you gas money.
- I corrected your thoughts on Bill's post explaining he was saying work an additional 4 hours and you would have your race fees covered. He was saying that might be a way to get the money in less time then helping at the track
- I pointed out that in my opinion your post came off as wanting something for nothing. Which -is- how your post are coming off to -me-. but then you flat out SAID i want something for nothing on a later post. This set of responses holds no water.

You then talk about how people are crying, go on to point out other people's spelling mistakes and complain about how you werent getting the type of responses you want.

If you ever really wanted to be a sponsored driver then you are going to need to be a lot more thick skinned and not so sensative. Sponsored drivers get a lot of criticism. Ive seen sponsored drivers get yelled at over a product they are sponsored by not working for another driver. Nothing that person did at all but they take the blame since it is someone they can yell at. In one particular case someone had some bad battery packs. The sponsored driver just gave the guy 2 new packs that he had paid for just to make the guy happy. Its really not as glamarous as it seems all the time.
I am, in fact, a very thick skinned person but online i cant stand how people like you can sit behind their keyboard and feel strong and thats why i respond the way i do. The job i work at (and other jobs) have involved plenty of getting yelled at over customer dissatisfaction with other people's service or the store's products, etc. Nothing i can do but try to make it better for them, i dont start snapping back at them. Im sure you realize this is getting nowhere so i wonder why you keep posting.
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:46 AM   #48
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Please show me that post where I "flat out said that". I think you continue to lose credibility the more you post.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
I am, in fact, a very thick skinned person but online i cant stand how people like you can sit behind their keyboard and feel strong and thats why i respond the way i do. The job i work at (and other jobs) have involved plenty of getting yelled at over customer dissatisfaction with other people's service or the store's products, etc. Nothing i can do but try to make it better for them, i dont start snapping back at them. Im sure you realize this is getting nowhere so i wonder why you keep posting.
Your not ready to be sponsored. If you have to fight back to defend yourself, your not ready. If someone says something bad about you just don't reply. Your the one that keeps this argument going, so just stop replying.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #50
Tech Elite

you know what...
Old 05-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #51
Tech Elite

how bout them lakers.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:05 PM   #52
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
i may have mixed it up with something someone else said...that or you went back and changed it but whatever. What does it matter now. Just keep talking, or8. I like having flaws/mistakes/etc. misinterpreted and pointed out, its really nice you know?

This is my last post on the subject. RcTech shows when posts were edited. As you can see none of mine were edited. As for pointing out mistakes. Did you not highlight in bold someone's spelling mistake and tell them to "keep it up"?

Take a step back and re-read everything and you will relize most of us were really trying to help you.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:07 PM   #53
Suspended

Heres a piece of advice.Sponsorship can be overrated.Don't going asking for something you may soon regret.As some may have said or suggested already,quit responding to what you may feel is negative banter.Thus avoid the low road your currently taking.Wipe the egg off your face and move on.Otherwise your thread is quite entertaining.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:08 PM   #54
Tech Regular

Ok im 14 years old and have a little sister that is 12 and we used to fight constantly and this is even more childish than that. just dont reply to anything or8 says and eventually he will stop. what you do online reflects what you do at the track... remember that
#88driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:08 PM   #55
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
This is my last post on the subject. RcTech shows when posts were edited. As you can see none of mine were edited. As for pointing out mistakes. Did you not highlight in bold someone's spelling mistake and tell them to "keep it up"?

Take a step back and re-read everything and you will relize most of us were really trying to help you.

or8, you totally misinterpreted my message if you think i was making fun of someone's spelling. That guy that posted was my personal friend and i highlighted what he said to put focus on that particular sentence and told him to "keep it up" as in "keep up the good work," bro.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to metalracer2

that is true and i didn't take it as anything else
AE B4.1W AE T4.1
metalracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #88driver View Post
Ok im 14 years old and have a little sister that is 12 and we used to fight constantly and this is even more childish than that. just dont reply to anything or8 says and eventually he will stop. what you do online reflects what you do at the track... remember that
Same. I'm 14 with a sister thats 12. Funny thing is it took me a good 10 years to learn to not say anything back to just to get her to stop. Like when she is always going "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", give it 30 seconds and she will stop and go get some friends.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:35 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSteve93 View Post
Same. I'm 14 with a sister thats 12. Funny thing is it took me a good 10 years to learn to not say anything back to just to get her to stop. Like when she is always going "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", "Steve, guess what", give it 30 seconds and she will stop and go get some friends.

At least one good thing that i can say now is that your grammar and spelling are good. Given the current state of education in the united states, you're probably above average on that compared to your fellow classmates (and overall national average). Grats to that
Old 05-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #59
Tech Master

Syber- Your best route, in my opinion is to find a way to go through your local hobby shop. If it were not for them, you probably would not have a track or place to race. Work for them in some sort of fashion. When I first started here in Dallas, I would announce for the track, get 2 dollars a head that raced, be able to race, and recieve a discount on anything I bought. 2 dollars a head is not very much... but, I was going to be at the track anyways so..

Also, the more people you know, the better. Email companies. Dont start with the big boys either. Speaking from experience, battery/ motor companies are generally easier to get a deal through. Start at a smaller, possibly local battery matcher/ motor tuner. At the discounts that they give to the most team drivers, they still make some money and its advertising. Once you have proved that you sell product, win/ place well in big races, only then they will move you to a better discount or free "stuff".

Even if the company doesn't want to sponsor you at this point, you will still have gotten your name out to the "later potentials". I remember my first email I sent out. It was denied. A few weeks later at a decent size local race, I set tq and won. A team driver walked over and talked to me about joining them.

My last deal is the most serious of all. Remember to have fun.

So
1. email
2. stop responding to orb (no offense orb, just not needed on both sides)
3. find a local hobby shop
4. start small
5. have fun...

Texas EOS 2018!
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Adams View Post
Syber- Your best route, in my opinion is to find a way to go through your local hobby shop. If it were not for them, you probably would not have a track or place to race. Work for them in some sort of fashion. When I first started here in Dallas, I would announce for the track, get 2 dollars a head that raced, be able to race, and recieve a discount on anything I bought. 2 dollars a head is not very much... but, I was going to be at the track anyways so..

Also, the more people you know, the better. Email companies. Dont start with the big boys either. Speaking from experience, battery/ motor companies are generally easier to get a deal through. Start at a smaller, possibly local battery matcher/ motor tuner. At the discounts that they give to the most team drivers, they still make some money and its advertising. Once you have proved that you sell product, win/ place well in big races, only then they will move you to a better discount or free "stuff".

Even if the company doesn't want to sponsor you at this point, you will still have gotten your name out to the "later potentials". I remember my first email I sent out. It was denied. A few weeks later at a decent size local race, I set tq and won. A team driver walked over and talked to me about joining them.

My last deal is the most serious of all. Remember to have fun.

So
1. email
2. stop responding to orb (no offense orb, just not needed on both sides)
3. find a local hobby shop
4. start small
5. have fun...
cool, thanks for the input!