Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks >

CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks

Like Tree8Likes

CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks

Old 11-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Any tips for 2 cell lipo 10.5 and this car. Running box set up currently on a med grip technical asphalt track.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Go one heavier front and side spring. I am running a wide front to use spec front tires. If you have corner exit problems try a thick dampener fluid. This seems backwards but I had good luck going stiffer on the single (RC18T rear) side shock that I use. Gear up to a 72/29 for a really long track in cool weather. Get a thunderpower battery if allowed. It has really good voltage.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Gen X 10, Petite Le Mans, 2s LiPo 10.5

We have started treating the track before club races. This has brought up the need for new setup items. I was running CRC WGT spec fronts for a little more grip previously. Now I was getting some mid corner spins with them. I took some suggestions from the thread to mute some steering and bring them back in. I widened the front. I also lengthened the car. As the car was very near my wide pan width in the front I put on a favorite front setup. Purple springs, 4 degrees caster, and I added 5 degree reactive caster blocks.

Reactive Caster Blocks
What a reactive caster block does is it removes a little caster as the car rolls. mid corner a 5 degree block removes about 1 degree caster. This softens the steering right where I had a couple of spins.

The new front worked well in practice. I will need some getting used to it as I can add more power in the corner and just after than before. The sweeper is not quite hooked up but race day track prep should cure that.
Note this car has the original suspension with the exception of Nerf wings and a single RC18T side shock with 40 weight oil now.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Had a little more test time on the offset rear pod. This tightned up the car a bit and seemed to add rear traction. Was able to run gray rears on carpet instead of white or pearl white. Car still had a slight push, should have gone even harder in the rear but ran out of testing time. Turned equal laps to the centered car with softer tires. So should be faster if I can get a setup that turns well.

so the pod did what I wanted, added LR weight in the 1 cell and tightned up the car a little. Now I need to work on a setup that takes advantage of this. Was able to go to the long LF arm along with the higher roll center blocks. this seemed to really help the front end work well. RF is no longer wearing a lot faster than the LF. Rear still needs to be freed up a little, but should be able to get there with springs/tires.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

John-thanks for the report. I may have a second oval offset pod (3-link) Battle Axe 2.0 prototype testing in Floriday soon on flat asphalt.

A second Dual A-arm front end may begin testing on the Velodrome soon.

An early edition 3-link is in testing on carpet in Canada on a wide Gen X 10 during the indoor season.

Would love pics of any of these.

Production copies of these suspensions are still not available.

Here is a new speed control being sold soon by CRC. Hmmm.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/newreply...te=1&p=6600838

Last edited by John Stranahan; 11-16-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

i take it you'll be testing this?
Old 11-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

inevitably. I'll will need to ask a few questions first.
John

Last edited by John Stranahan; 11-16-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default nerf wings

John whats the word on the nerf wings
Old 11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Old 11-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

JS Pro 200 Battle Axe

The prototype JS Pro 200 BA is complete.

This is a dual A-arm front end, 3-link rear end, offset pod, 1/10 oval car.
Here is a list of nice features.

1. The 3-link offset pod had more forward and cornering traction which allows the use of harder rear tires. The car rolls more freely in 1-cell stock or super stock racing. The rear end has Hyperdrive offset pod right hand hub and 1/2 inch narrow left hand hub.

2. Adjustments available to the rear include:
wheel offset
rear steer in either direction
roll steer
roll stiffness by changing springs
left rear preload by adjusting the left rear spring collar down.
Antisquat

3. Center of gravity is lowered by use of two vertical shocks intead of 3 high horizontal shocks.

4. The dual A-arm front end has more precise and more abundant steering. You no longer guess to the mark ahead of time, you drive to the corner mark.

5. The front end has independent roll center and camber adjustment unlike our inverted strut suspensions. In other words you get the roll center you want regardless of the tire camber, a roll center adjustment actually does something when you change it.

6. The front end is fully dampened by coil over shocks.

7. The front end includes droop screws shown in photo two.

8. This setup came out with good ackerman (arms perpendicular) and 0 bumpsteer. Steering axles don't move with bump. Clearance from Servo Saver to suspension is satisfactory using the middle holes on a small servo saver.

9. The same drill template used for the Gen X 10 front end will work on the battle axe. Two additional holes must be drilled for the 3-link exactly .7 inches forward of the forwardmost side link holes. My side links are longer than the Calandra long side links.

This, in my belief, is the oval pan car of the future. This individual car is availble right now sans electronics. Send me an e-mail to [email protected]. No it is not cheap, just the best.
Attached Thumbnails CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks-js-pro-200-ba-front-right.jpg   CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks-js-pro-200-ba-droop-screw.jpg   CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks-js-pro-200-panhard-bar.jpg   CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks-js-pro-200-ba-left-front.jpg   CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks-js-pro-200-battle-axe-001.jpg  

Last edited by John Stranahan; 11-19-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Rio
Tech Rookie

Hi guys i'm new to all this worlds gt so be gentle with me. My cars totally kit standard at the moment and i'm running on a carpet track with 2s lipo and 17.5. Any set up help would be greatly appricated. Here's the track i race at the layout changes each time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOkzTU0nvkc

Here's my car ready to go dunno with shell to run
CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks-sophia-resize.jpg

CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks-sophia-resize-2.jpg

Many thanks for all your help
Old 11-29-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Rio-Nice paint!. I am going to let some of the Carpet guys fill you in more. The kit setup is a pretty good starting place. If the grip is very high widen the front.

Petite Le Mans (World GT, 10.5, 2S LIPO), outdoor asphalt
I continue to improve my lap times on the new surface. The last change was going to white fronts instead of purple fronts. I had more steering on the sweeper this way. I am using less and less brakes. Brakes are turned way down on the radio. I am holding more throttle in a wider radius turn than before and trying to hold momentum. This reduces the need to accelerate from low speeds out of the corner and improves corner exit times.
These tactics did not work on the previous surface. I did not have enough traction with foams on the latex sealer most of the times. Rubber tire traction on the TC was outstanding previously (rubber on rubber so to speak).
Old 11-29-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default question

Are you going to the "snowbirds"?
Old 11-29-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I finally got to use my gen x10 today . I must say the car handeld great . I raced on carpet at the snowbirds warm up race . I started out with Green springs up FR & red springs in the RR with the 25 pound spring in the middle . I ended up with purple springs up FR & green in the rear with a 30 pound springd in the center . I started with 30,000 in the dampener tubes & ended up using 50,000 in the dampener tubes . I also started with 10 degrees of caster, then i switched to 5 degress of caster . I was running the spec jaco lilac tires cut down to 2.20 . I was using the sophia body, with a novak 4 cell GTB with voltage booster for the radio & a speed passion 13.5 motor, with a TP 1s 5000 40c lipo . The gearing was a 94t spur with a 40t pinion . That was the biggest gear i had . But i had room temp wise for more gear . We had to use trinity sticky fingers traction compound . I ran 18 laps in my first heat, & 19 laps in both my second & third heat . Then i ran 21 laps in the main & finished second in the B main .

John out of the 3 or 4 gen x10's there . Mine was the only one with your nerf wings LOL.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the post. guys. Hippie your post ought to give Rio a good start. Nice improvement. My nerf wings unfortunately are in short supply.

I do not plan on going to Snowbirds. One of our touring car guys is going to make it.

The "Black Diamond" is coming if available.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.