Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Could this be the start of a much needed trend to bring the sport back to it's roots? >

Could this be the start of a much needed trend to bring the sport back to it's roots?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Could this be the start of a much needed trend to bring the sport back to it's roots?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm glad to hear this will continue....

As a side note.....I read there is a "clinic" day at the Gate(insert joke here) and the local track I run at has 1 world champ and several national champs that help when asked.....I'm sure most all small tracks have a one or two racers with the experience and skills to mentor some newbies and those of us who thought they knew something..........why not have a test and tune day that the upper level guys help bring the newer guys along.....Xray is doing a good thing....but since they can't make it to every track maybe something like this could help this cause as well.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
My definition of a sport is when your heart rate reaches over 135bps. So according to my definition I don't consider chess, poker, etc a sport. To me it's a subjective issue and my comment was not meant to be anything more than just a poke in the ribs.
Yeah. Dictionaries and Encylopedias......What do they know???

Just a little poke back.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deznuts05
wow that's great news!

how can I get my local tracks on this list?
Well as far as I know there is not a "list" at this point. The facilities were selected by Ralph Birch. You may just want to contact RC America and let them know of your interest in these events.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scootr117
I'm glad to hear this will continue....

As a side note.....I read there is a "clinic" day at the Gate(insert joke here) and the local track I run at has 1 world champ and several national champs that help when asked.....I'm sure most all small tracks have a one or two racers with the experience and skills to mentor some newbies and those of us who thought they knew something..........why not have a test and tune day that the upper level guys help bring the newer guys along.....Xray is doing a good thing....but since they can't make it to every track maybe something like this could help this cause as well.
Scoot, you should see if Fastraxx would hold an event next year. Kenny seems to have a great relationship with RCA.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)
Default Class Rules

For the race at RC hobbies, is there a list of rules for the classes somewhere (motors, lipos, tires, ect)?
Thanks
Old 07-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by or8ital
Scoot, you should see if Fastraxx would hold an event next year. Kenny seems to have a great relationship with RCA.
I need to get better attendance........right now it's pretty lame.. the one week was good then it just fell apart.. I know there are guys in town that woud come out, but the one guy breaks his car every weekand is about fed up ......I hear there is to be a charity race for Downs Syndrome Research
But other than that, I think this year will be a growing year for the onroad program....
Old 07-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by jland
For the race at RC hobbies, is there a list of rules for the classes somewhere (motors, lipos, tires, ect)?
Thanks
Its almost done. I am going to post this info very soon. Luckily I have a great group of local racers and a healthy local racing scene that has kept me running justa bit behind. However I will make sure to get all the needed info out there asap.

Basicly we will use ROAR rules and guidelines. The stuff not covered by the ROAR rulebook and website (like our spec class) will be the only significant areas of change.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Its almost done. I am going to post this info very soon. Luckily I have a great group of local racers and a healthy local racing scene that has kept me running justa bit behind. However I will make sure to get all the needed info out there asap.

Basicly we will use ROAR rules and guidelines. The stuff not covered by the ROAR rulebook and website (like our spec class) will be the only significant areas of change.
Great thanks,
This is going to be my first race back after a little bit of time off, looking forward to it
Old 07-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by scootr117
I need to get better attendance........right now it's pretty lame.. the one week was good then it just fell apart.. I know there are guys in town that woud come out, but the one guy breaks his car every weekand is about fed up ......I hear there is to be a charity race for Downs Syndrome Research
But other than that, I think this year will be a growing year for the onroad program....
Sorry to hear of your strugles with the trun-outs. Do you have a cost controlled enrty class for new people. That is the main thing that has helped our area. I push this class real hard to customers in the shop and we have went from zero in the class to 19 in anly about 10 events!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by jland
Great thanks,
This is going to be my first race back after a little bit of time off, looking forward to it
Sound good. Any thing I can do just let me know.

I will be posting Hotel info also.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

I will look into it........thanks for the suggestion
Old 07-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Regional Moderator

I have attached the basic description of the rules for this event.

Lets keep in mind though that this event is not about just the race, or kicking our budies tail on the track, or a list or rules and how to bend them. This event is about having fun and hopefully getting faster. I mean really, how often do you get to have a talent like Paul Lemiux and Ralph Burch at your side for two straight days with only the goal of helpping you get faster by sharing their knowlege and experience.

I can hardly wait!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
xray challenge rules v2.doc (4.1 KB, 129 views)
File Type: doc
xray challenge rules v3.doc (11.5 KB, 105 views)
Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 PM
Tech Regular

The rules look good to me but I was kinda wondering if there was a Masters class.... . Just kidding about the Masters, I know there is a lot of work already going into this event and I can't wait to get out there and race with everyone at RCHobbies.

Cya in a few weeks,

JoeM
Old 07-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Regional Moderator

I have started getting entries in, thanks to those that are gettin on top of it. Early entries make thing so much easier to plan. So far I have;

4 for Stock 1/12th
6 for Stock TC
4 for TT-01 Spec
1 for Super Stock TC
Old 08-01-2008, 11:00 AM
Regional Moderator

While I did receive two more entry forms today, I still wanted to take a minute to say please get those entries in ASAP! Also remember only drivers who preregister will get to take advantage of Ralphs hospiatality in the form of FREE BBQ LUNCH! So get those entries in!

Hey Jolly why no Mini registration?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.