R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #61
Tech Fanatic
 
scootr117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On a Stage or Stand somewhere
Posts: 939
Default

I'm glad to hear this will continue....

As a side note.....I read there is a "clinic" day at the Gate(insert joke here) and the local track I run at has 1 world champ and several national champs that help when asked.....I'm sure most all small tracks have a one or two racers with the experience and skills to mentor some newbies and those of us who thought they knew something..........why not have a test and tune day that the upper level guys help bring the newer guys along.....Xray is doing a good thing....but since they can't make it to every track maybe something like this could help this cause as well.
__________________
Scooter EXperimental
RK Designs
CD SuperPro Motors
Mike Pulfer is my HERO....
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:38 PM   #62
Tech Adept
 
Gain Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Down on the corner out in the street
Posts: 249
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
My definition of a sport is when your heart rate reaches over 135bps. So according to my definition I don't consider chess, poker, etc a sport. To me it's a subjective issue and my comment was not meant to be anything more than just a poke in the ribs.
Yeah. Dictionaries and Encylopedias......What do they know???

Just a little poke back.
__________________
DON'T TAZE' ME BRO!!!!!!
Gain Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #63
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deznuts05 View Post
wow that's great news!

how can I get my local tracks on this list?
Well as far as I know there is not a "list" at this point. The facilities were selected by Ralph Birch. You may just want to contact RC America and let them know of your interest in these events.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:04 PM   #64
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr117 View Post
I'm glad to hear this will continue....

As a side note.....I read there is a "clinic" day at the Gate(insert joke here) and the local track I run at has 1 world champ and several national champs that help when asked.....I'm sure most all small tracks have a one or two racers with the experience and skills to mentor some newbies and those of us who thought they knew something..........why not have a test and tune day that the upper level guys help bring the newer guys along.....Xray is doing a good thing....but since they can't make it to every track maybe something like this could help this cause as well.
Scoot, you should see if Fastraxx would hold an event next year. Kenny seems to have a great relationship with RCA.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #65
Tech Addict
 
jland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 667
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Class Rules

For the race at RC hobbies, is there a list of rules for the classes somewhere (motors, lipos, tires, ect)?
Thanks
jland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:52 PM   #66
Tech Fanatic
 
scootr117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On a Stage or Stand somewhere
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Scoot, you should see if Fastraxx would hold an event next year. Kenny seems to have a great relationship with RCA.
I need to get better attendance........right now it's pretty lame.. the one week was good then it just fell apart.. I know there are guys in town that woud come out, but the one guy breaks his car every weekand is about fed up ......I hear there is to be a charity race for Downs Syndrome Research
But other than that, I think this year will be a growing year for the onroad program....
__________________
Scooter EXperimental
RK Designs
CD SuperPro Motors
Mike Pulfer is my HERO....
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #67
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jland View Post
For the race at RC hobbies, is there a list of rules for the classes somewhere (motors, lipos, tires, ect)?
Thanks
Its almost done. I am going to post this info very soon. Luckily I have a great group of local racers and a healthy local racing scene that has kept me running justa bit behind. However I will make sure to get all the needed info out there asap.

Basicly we will use ROAR rules and guidelines. The stuff not covered by the ROAR rulebook and website (like our spec class) will be the only significant areas of change.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #68
Tech Addict
 
jland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 667
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
Its almost done. I am going to post this info very soon. Luckily I have a great group of local racers and a healthy local racing scene that has kept me running justa bit behind. However I will make sure to get all the needed info out there asap.

Basicly we will use ROAR rules and guidelines. The stuff not covered by the ROAR rulebook and website (like our spec class) will be the only significant areas of change.
Great thanks,
This is going to be my first race back after a little bit of time off, looking forward to it
jland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #69
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootr117 View Post
I need to get better attendance........right now it's pretty lame.. the one week was good then it just fell apart.. I know there are guys in town that woud come out, but the one guy breaks his car every weekand is about fed up ......I hear there is to be a charity race for Downs Syndrome Research
But other than that, I think this year will be a growing year for the onroad program....
Sorry to hear of your strugles with the trun-outs. Do you have a cost controlled enrty class for new people. That is the main thing that has helped our area. I push this class real hard to customers in the shop and we have went from zero in the class to 19 in anly about 10 events!
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:02 PM   #70
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jland View Post
Great thanks,
This is going to be my first race back after a little bit of time off, looking forward to it
Sound good. Any thing I can do just let me know.

I will be posting Hotel info also.
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:50 PM   #71
Tech Fanatic
 
scootr117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On a Stage or Stand somewhere
Posts: 939
Default

I will look into it........thanks for the suggestion
__________________
Scooter EXperimental
RK Designs
CD SuperPro Motors
Mike Pulfer is my HERO....
scootr117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #72
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

I have attached the basic description of the rules for this event.

Lets keep in mind though that this event is not about just the race, or kicking our budies tail on the track, or a list or rules and how to bend them. This event is about having fun and hopefully getting faster. I mean really, how often do you get to have a talent like Paul Lemiux and Ralph Burch at your side for two straight days with only the goal of helpping you get faster by sharing their knowlege and experience.

I can hardly wait!
Attached Files
File Type: doc xray challenge rules v2.doc (4.1 KB, 108 views)
File Type: doc xray challenge rules v3.doc (11.5 KB, 88 views)
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:49 PM   #73
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 262
Default

The rules look good to me but I was kinda wondering if there was a Masters class.... . Just kidding about the Masters, I know there is a lot of work already going into this event and I can't wait to get out there and race with everyone at RCHobbies.

Cya in a few weeks,

JoeM
SmokinJoeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #74
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

I have started getting entries in, thanks to those that are gettin on top of it. Early entries make thing so much easier to plan. So far I have;

4 for Stock 1/12th
6 for Stock TC
4 for TT-01 Spec
1 for Super Stock TC
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #75
Regional Moderator
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

While I did receive two more entry forms today, I still wanted to take a minute to say please get those entries in ASAP! Also remember only drivers who preregister will get to take advantage of Ralphs hospiatality in the form of FREE BBQ LUNCH! So get those entries in!

Hey Jolly why no Mini registration?
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please Bring Back The PRE Tag syndr0me R/C Tech Site Forum 2 07-05-2008 05:42 PM
LET'S BRING FOAM RACING BACK TO WI ehlert Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 68 03-16-2008 04:19 PM
Things to bring back... jheimb4897 Electric On-Road 3 12-07-2007 12:11 PM
What is the best way to bring back your batteries Racingfreak6 Electric On-Road 18 12-24-2006 11:17 PM
TC Racer going back to my roots! ChadCapece Electric Off-Road 10 01-19-2006 12:03 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:41 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net