R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to OTE_TheMissile

@ultegrasti & K_King - Yeah, we off-roaders can get brutal at times. But the most likely candidate in a wreck like that would be a front control arm. So a set of those is about $7, tell ya what, here's $15. Buy yourself a soda at the machine & pick up 2 pairs, 1 to fix the truck and another to remind you not to drive like that, capiche?
OTE_TheMissile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post
@ultegrasti & K_King - Yeah, we off-roaders can get brutal at times. But the most likely candidate in a wreck like that would be a front control arm. So a set of those is about $7, tell ya what, here's $15. Buy yourself a soda at the machine & pick up 2 pairs, 1 to fix the truck and another to remind you not to drive like that, capiche?
I was mostly talking about the guy who creamed the poster above after the race and broke a ton. I have no issues about whiping someone out in a race if they feel thats how they are going to race me. Especially the cost of the even I have to go to costs me, not to mention gas, hotel, etc.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King View Post
I hate racing against a certain sponsored guy in a series I run. Every main youre in with him theres a very good chance he will do whatever it takes to hack the hell out of you if it means passing you. The last race I ran I saw him totally jack an entry to a turn and try to take me out coming to the buzzard. He slammed me, I saved it, and the guy behind him smashed him and I wound up taking 3rd. I loved it, but he got me 3 times in 1 main. He does it all the time to people and thinks nothing of it, then plays it off like he is mr. helpful in between race events.
Sorry Kevin...............

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 04:18 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-hopsing View Post
Sorry Kevin...............

HEHE it isnt you brah, but Im sure you have a good idea
Old 05-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
HEHE it isnt you brah, but Im sure you have a good idea

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #21
Tech Master

Kevin YGPM.
Mitch P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:34 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

The attitude and driving style that most people bring to the track was there long before any sponsorships. If the guy was a prick before he got sponsored, don't expect anything to change. I'm sure that most sponsors expect their team drivers to be very helpful at the track in order to promote their products. Being a fast prick doesn't sell product. A guy can get "sponsored" by sending a couple of emails about how fast he is and what races he's won. The company takes his word for it without question (in some cases). If you don't believe that the individual is properly representing his "boss", then fire off an email and let the sponsor know what's going on. Maybe he can fix it, maybe he can't.

Thanks to Mr. Blackstock for letting everyone know that he is approachable. I think at his level, most people are intimidated by his talent and never take the chance to ask questions. I was at a race a couple of years ago and Jeff Cuffs was running for RC America. First time I'd ever met him and he was surrounded by all of his friends. They were the loudest table around and seemed to be having a great time. I stopped by to ask him some questions and he dropped what he was doing to talk to me. Dan Hartman (Corally) and Craig Xavier (Losi, at the time) were the same way. Those people represent the companies that I want to buy products from.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:04 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
you say go smash the guy to show him how to take some1 out. thats all well and good til some1 does it to you. for example i lost a exotek R3 at a regional race when a racer who is in the low main every wk and whom still hasnt yet grasped the concept of 'holding a line' kept making things interestin for me in qual heats every time i came around to lap. he (and later the director of the track after the issue came to a head) said well if your so much better u'll find a way around him. now all of us racers know how much weight that carries. most of us are not 'pros' and 'pros' still knock into each other, let alone club racers.

well he was miffed by gettin messed up w/me lapping him and myself askin for help from announcer to move outta the way (wasnt gettin help from the booth) that after the heat he took his ride full blast into my car sittin up against the board in front of the stand as i walked to it. plate destroyed, shocks dead, and some plastic ruined...he walked off like it was nothing afraid to even look at me for fear of havin to answer to his actions. so i'm out about 100bux and b/c of some1 takin that approach.

in addition to the earlier comment, the only other statement i got from the director was that i shouldve been experienced enuff to drive my car into the infield section where my car couldnt be hit at speed after the heat. yeh sure, as if thats part of post race procedure (worrying if some1 wants a pc of you) :/

i hate sponsors, turns hobby into work. whether factory, sponsored, discounted or not...some people are asses and some people are great. you can get horrible advice and knowledge from a sponsored racer and you can get the answer to makin that next lap count from the guy who runs last every wk.

all kinds in this hobby

R
I feel for you, but that is one POOR race director.... I said and I will stand by it. I have ran enough races to know you can not have a race director that is trying to be friends with everyone... The Race director needs to run the race and up hold the rules, and do what is reasonable... Personally that racer would have left the event after that actions.... but I would have done my best to not let it get to that level in the first place...

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:19 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Well being out here in the middle of the ocean we don't get many sponsored racers here. The few we do get is because they moved here for work or were transferred by the military. We've been fortunate to be blessed by sponsored racers who are not only good drivers but good people who are always willing to help.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:50 PM   #25
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
If someone did that to my car, guarantee they are paying me cash to fix it or theirs gets messed up even worse.

Im glad theres no one like this at my track
Old 05-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #26
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post

well he was miffed by gettin messed up w/me lapping him and myself askin for help from announcer to move outta the way (wasnt gettin help from the booth) that after the heat he took his ride full blast into my car sittin up against the board in front of the stand as i walked to it. plate destroyed, shocks dead, and some plastic ruined...he walked off like it was nothing afraid to even look at me for fear of havin to answer to his actions. so i'm out about 100bux and b/c of some1 takin that approach.

R
Why didn't you give him an impromptu lesson in the physics of a thrown
rc car meeting a solid wall at terminal air velocity?

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Gadget... where in Hawaii are you racing?

I was over there a dozen years ago and was looking for places to race. (Both on Hawaii and on Oahu) found a little club doing parking lot racing in Kona, and saw a ROAR track listed in Hono, but never found it.
Things are headed towards a return of the SWT Series, but for
2017 the focus will be on the Encino Velodrome (and dirt oval racing)
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:46 AM   #28
Tech Champion

Quote:
I was mostly talking about the guy who creamed the poster above after the race and broke a ton. I have no issues about whiping someone out in a race if they feel thats how they are going to race me. Especially the cost of the even I have to go to costs me, not to mention gas, hotel, etc.
Getting even is OK, but the whole situation leaves a bad taste in the air, like it has for you. Things usually get worse, then its a case of "If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine".

Just a thought.... If you don't give them the satisfaction of wrecking your car they also don't have the satisfaction of beating you... Time for a different club?

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:34 AM   #29
Suspended

to an extent some of hte bad attitudes and poor sportsmanship I've seen discussed is more a matter of local or hobby shop sponsored drivers than it is factory drivers. true pros benefit little from a bigtime crash as it stands to reason their own cars could be broken as well and they could miss out finishing a race and it builds bad rep for their sponsor, bad move, while over the years i've seen just that sort of ill behavior out of local "pros" who think they're big shots and are big fish in the little local pond but are really small fish in the bigger pond. ignore the jerks and have fun as much as you can, and go to a big race where you'll see the real pros driving and acting like pros
oldschoolracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #30
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTour View Post
Hey Gadget... where in Hawaii are you racing?

I was over there a dozen years ago and was looking for places to race. (Both on Hawaii and on Oahu) found a little club doing parking lot racing in Kona, and saw a ROAR track listed in Hono, but never found it.
The on-road electric race I'm in charge of is in Pearl City on O'ahu, there is also the on-road nitro race over by the airport on O'ahu as well. There's also some drifting going on somewhere and an indoor 1/18th track somewhere too. I haven't been to either of those so I'm not sure where they are at.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote