Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amount of droop?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Amount of droop?

Running Sport2 on carpet, with a few small bumps. Therefor I like to use droop. But how much is appropriate? 1-2 mm? Currently I got around 4-5 mm. I assume the same amount front/rear would be a good starting point?
Old 01-03-2002, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

a lower number means more droop, becase it is measured by the distance of the end of the arm from the chassis (measuring vertically). I have 7mm of droop on both ends of the car running on carpet.

Speedo
Old 01-03-2002, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Speedo is right. Here's some more info.TC3 manual-Look on page 26 in the manual.
I'll use more droop(lower number on gauge) for less bite conditions and I'll use less droop(higher number on gauge) for higher bite conditions.
Old 01-03-2002, 03:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Pardon my ignorance, I'm only two weeks into this hobby...

But, what is droop? and how do I adjust it?

I have a Corally C4.

Thanks!

-KS
Old 01-03-2002, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Ignorance? Pah! "I'm better than you at racing" now thats ignorance hehe

Anyways, I don't know abou the C4 but, with the TC3 you get "droop screws" which are located on the Front and Rear arms, you adjust them by using a hex driver, or the hex thingey (what ever its called ).

Droop is what is known as how much your arms travel down, and with the droop screws higher up the more travel you get, and the lower the droop screws are the less travel you get. For more bumpy tracks go for more drrop, for higher traction tracks go for less droop.

Hope that helped.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok, so more droop for bumpy or slippery conditions? Less droop for smooth and grippy conditions?

So if my traction is bad, I should use more droop? So droop is the amount of travel the a-arms move?

Thanks!!

-KS
Old 01-03-2002, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

yes
Old 01-03-2002, 10:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

knightshift- droop is the down travel of the arms. In other words, as you lift the chassis of your car up, it is the amount of travel before the tires come off the ground. If the car sits at ride height, and you lift the back end of the chassis, and the tires leave the ground when you lifted the car 5mm past ride height, you have 5mm droop. Droop lets the chassis roll around and it lets the wheels drop down into imperfections in the track.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

I brought my '04 to fit for 48p gears today and the LHS dude checked out my car. He told me that my car had waay too much droop, and recommended that any car should have at most 7mm of droop. What's this about? 'cause I more or less have my car dialed for my "hometrack" and any less droop will have my car sliding around.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:54 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Alvin
I brought my '04 to fit for 48p gears today and the LHS dude checked out my car. He told me that my car had waay too much droop, and recommended that any car should have at most 7mm of droop. What's this about? 'cause I more or less have my car dialed for my "hometrack" and any less droop will have my car sliding around.

Thanks.
If it works for you then its fine... theres no right or wrong answer on how to setup up an RC car!
Old 01-04-2002, 04:02 AM
Tech Addict

What dtm said
Old 01-04-2002, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Thanks DTM & Yokomo Fan!
Old 01-04-2002, 11:48 AM
jcr
Tech Regular

Alvin if you're using the factory setting on the 04R, then you would see the rear has a lot of droop. if you use like a 5mm spacers(outter) on the shock, the springs won't even touch it if you lift it off the ground.

I'm planning on getting the AE droop gauge so how do you use it?
Old 01-04-2002, 12:33 PM
Tech Adept

Alvin,

If your car handles OK then don't worry.

Basicly, if you run on a low grip surface then more droop = more traction. I had a hell of a game diallling in my TC3 to our slippery track. A fast guy told me to remove all the shock limiters and, hey presto!! dialled car.

I don't know what the actual droop is but I don't care, it works. I think diffferent cars work to different tollerences.

Yorkie
Old 01-04-2002, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jcr
I'm planning on getting the AE droop gauge so how do you use it?
You place the flat part against the chassis, so the guage steps hit the arm. Whatever number is next to where the arm hits is how much droop you have, very simple.

I have the AE one, and the blue aluminum yok one which has both droop and ride height.

Speedo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.