R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Black Anodizing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/22219-black-anodizing.html)

J Smith 08-01-2003 08:58 PM

Black Anodizing

Is there anybody that can do black anodizing? I want some alloy parts to my Micro RS4 in Black Anodized. Thanks.

J.

Raikonnen 08-02-2003 02:41 AM

buq :rolleyes:

Evoracer 08-02-2003 03:25 AM

J,
contact dynoman007. His name is Dave and he can probably get the anodising done for you but I don't know at what cost or if there is a minimum amount of pieces he'll do. Good Luck

dirk 08-02-2003 09:39 AM

hey Raikkonen, you mispelled your name!

There's this guy on this forum name Schumacher, aka Sanj, and he wrote on his website that black annodized alluminium works best to cool your car.

seaball 08-02-2003 12:36 PM

uh huh. black is rad. i can get them done for you. anyone who is interested please post here by the end of the week, and i'll send you my addy to get this done. i do not intend to do this multiple times, as i will be asking a favor to do them. i was gonna do it to my cars soon, so i don't mind making the pile of parts bigger. it will be cheap as well, as i do not intend to make much money here. for now, the black is in, depending on the reaction i get from the dude doing them, i may do it again.

if you are interested, please post, as i do not want to wait for weeks to get your parts. i'd like to get a list together by friday.

later fellas, and babies.

J Smith 08-02-2003 02:03 PM

seaball,

Sounds great. Um how long with this take and is there any pictures to any type of finished work? I want a proffesional anodized job. I have seen some people anodized in different colors and it comes out faded and not as shiny.

And how small can the parts be? Can screws are ball cups be anodized as well? I'll get a pic soon with all the parts I want anodized.

seaball 08-04-2003 07:10 AM

yeah i dunno what the quality will be, but i'm willing to try on my car and see whattup. this is a full anodizing facility that does, only that so i believe the quality to be at least middle of the row. i'm not garanteeing the finish, but he has said that he will both etch off the old finish and reanodize to a new finish. with black, it really doesn't matter what the metal surface is, but yes, for the colors, the surface requires a nice prep to look good. let me know. i'll call him again to figure out what they will look like, as alot of the anodizing that he does is industrial versus cosmetic. this will clarify it a bit.

please post your pics. right now he's just doing my batch, so he doesn't know how many there will be. i figure since i've not given him a quantity, i could do few others and just say "here they are". if i get alot of responses, he will obviously increase the charge, but of course, it will be split up more ways.

ok. bring it.

lata.

JesseT 08-04-2003 09:05 PM

dirk: even you did :lol:

J Smith 08-05-2003 11:37 PM

seaball, I ordered some parts to be anodized, maybe, so you'll have to wait a couple of days. Hows your batch coming along?

peace

CGR 08-06-2003 12:32 AM

Any anodizing shop can do black, there is nothing really special about it.

seaball 08-06-2003 07:29 AM

hey guys,

i haven't figured out what i want to anodize black yet. probably a lathe, and some misc parts for my rclab. i was gonna do it all black, but the silver looks so high tech. now with a plastic version of the kit out, i'm afraid my pimp ride will look like the sport version.

as far as the list goes, this is it. i prefer to see interest expressed here on the thread versus pm's or email. so i'll just make a list on friday evening and will require the parts the following week. should be cool.

lata.