Search
Like Tree5Likes

Tamiya TB-03

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Here is a quick video of my new body for the TB03
I hope it will shine more interest in the Arta Garaiya Body.
It is now my favorite over the NSX\
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

@ timmie...We race in wellington which is just west of West Palm Beach. Free Permanent track in A nice public park.open 24/7 with great lighting.
We also have a Really Nice permanent Track in Coral Springs 35 min. south of wellington that I will be shooting video of soon I am smack in the middle of them in Boca Raton.
Enjoy

Bluesman.....got my spool from HK too
Old 08-11-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Hey fat, that body looks sweet!
Old 08-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Fat thats phat

Nice stuff! Yeah I love the Arta body, its one of the coolest of all time, I would use it again but my TB03 is on a diet to get to 1400G. Oh ok cool, off the Florida turnpike I got a speeding ticket there at the ticket booths lol. I never payed attention to the fact they time stamped the ticket when I got on the turnpike, and then checked how much time it took for me to get off the turnpike LOL!

NSX body is very nice, looks cool, handles great... but everyone and there cousins, cousin has one... I have to be different so I decided to go with a RX7 body for my next TCS race I love mazda's and rx7's so it's zoom zoom for me
Old 08-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmie
I have to be different so I decided to go with a RX7 body for my next TCS race I love mazda's and rx7's so it's zoom zoom for me
did you notice the IFS RX-7 sticker sheet has a "yokomo" sticker on it.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I am interested in getting a TB-03 for my first 1/10 scale car. I currently have a RC18R and an 18T. I plan to start at 17.5 and move to 13.5 after about 6 months. From what I understand, shaft drive is better for 17.5 due to efficiency. What about when I move to 13.5? Will it be a good decision to get a TB-03 with a 13.5 or should I buy a belt car since there is virtually no "torque steer" at higher speeds? Thanks for any input...
Old 08-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Hebiki
did you notice the IFS RX-7 sticker sheet has a "yokomo" sticker on it.
yeah I cut it out already hehe
Old 08-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mlight13
I am interested in getting a TB-03 for my first 1/10 scale car. I currently have a RC18R and an 18T. I plan to start at 17.5 and move to 13.5 after about 6 months. From what I understand, shaft drive is better for 17.5 due to efficiency. What about when I move to 13.5? Will it be a good decision to get a TB-03 with a 13.5 or should I buy a belt car since there is virtually no "torque steer" at higher speeds? Thanks for any input...
Hi mlight!

Sounds like you are planning on racing, what kind of track will you be racing at? TB03 is a killer 17.5 car, especially if your on a tight technical track, the shaftdrive accelleration really shows here. The car can handle 13.5 no problem in most peoples hands. 13.5 really isn't much faster than 17.5 with all the new speed controllers out there unless you are on a really big outdoor track. Most of the torque steer people complain about is from their cars being all messed up suspension wise. With shaft cars it is more important to have your settings correct left to right than belt drive in my experience. Example being, if your droop is different by 1mm left to right you will feel it more with a shaft car. You would still feel it with a belt drive, but it wouldn't have as much of a effect on how the car feels.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

edit! sorry wrong thread
Old 08-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Timmie, I will definately be racing. The parking lot tracks I go to range from low to high traction and have different layouts every week. They are generally large, sometimes flowing and sometimes technical. I need a car that will handle a little bit of everything with little changes between asphalt and layout differences. Thanks for the info about torque steer and all...I may be sold on the TB03!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:04 AM
tns
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Timmie
Where are you located world wise? The spool is not very expensive in my opinion compared to purchasing one for another model car. It will make steering more aggressive, but is still very easy to drive. Its all in your setup. Try one of the setups I posted, as they are all listed with a spool.
I'm in Singapore. We've haven't got a large RC driver population here, so the stuff at the LHS tend to be a little pricier. I'll most likely give it a try I guess, and hope it turns out well (I had a centre one-way that was totally wrong for me - kept spinning out at the turns - gave it up and it was much better) Painful as it is to the wallet, it's hard to resist buying new hop-ups
Old 08-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Addict

Timmie, I will definately be racing. The parking lot tracks I go to range from low to high traction and have different layouts every week. They are generally large, sometimes flowing and sometimes technical. I need a car that will handle a little bit of everything with little changes between asphalt and layout differences. Thanks for the info about torque steer and all...I may be sold on the TB03!
Your track situation sounds like me, lots of variation from slower technical and high speed flowing. I should have some time next week to slip a 13.5 into my TB03. I think after you see the car perform with one you will be sold on getting the TB03
Old 08-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Does anyone know the cheapest place in the U.S. to buy a TB03? So far I have found it for $179.95 with FREE shipping at ultimatehobbies.com. Did anyone see it cheaper? Thanks...
Old 08-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tns
I'm in Singapore. We've haven't got a large RC driver population here, so the stuff at the LHS tend to be a little pricier. I'll most likely give it a try I guess, and hope it turns out well (I had a centre one-way that was totally wrong for me - kept spinning out at the turns - gave it up and it was much better) Painful as it is to the wallet, it's hard to resist buying new hop-ups
Hey sell me your center one way and that can offset your cost on the spool
You will like the spool. In some ways I feel they make the car easier to drive for a lot of people. Yeah hop ups are addicting hehe. I think it is a lot of the fun in the hobby. With all the high end cars out there, you can't really do much to improve them. With the TB03, even though it is really good out of the box, there are hop ups available that make a performance improvement that don't cost a whole lot. I think that does a lot for the appeal of the car to a lot of people. It's fun to get that new hop up you have been waiting to buy, and being all excited about it Reminds me of the old days with my hpi's and bragging to my friends about the new carbon top plate for my NRS4...LOL!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know the cheapest place in the U.S. to buy a TB03? So far I have found it for $179.95 with FREE shipping at ultimatehobbies.com. Did anyone see it cheaper? Thanks...
Ultimate Hobbies was the cheapest I found. Also, the NSX kit is $169 there if you don't care which body you get.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I just ordered a TB03(58409) and a Novak Havoc 13.5 esc and motor. I bought it to use on asphalt and carpet. The owner of the LHS told me I can't fit it with foam tires without extensive changes because the foams hit the knuckle. Is there any other option if I want to run foams on it? I intend to run rubber mostly anyway but I would like the option to switch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.