Like Tree5Likes

Tamiya TB-03

Old 08-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fat500
Here is a video I made of our RCGT club race in south Florida.
You can see my TB-03 in the chassis shots and it is the GTr-34 red nismo
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Enjoy
Pause The Video at the chassis shots to see the line-up.
FAT! Nice VID! Very cool editing and filming, what part of Florida you race at? Me and some friends might come down sometime hehehe. Nice track there, what are the fast laps there in 17.5? Man, i think I will send you my videos and get you to make the look cool hahaha
Old 08-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bluesxman
I got my Takata NSX for $169 with free shipping from Ultimate Hobbies here in the U.S. Another option are the Hong Kong suppliers like Toy East, RC Mart, RC Mushroom, etc. Kits can usually be had for $140 - $160 with shipping in the $50 range (USD). I've used Toy East personally for hop ups and not had any problems. They take Pay Pal if you prefer.
The cheapest one i can get in Germany is the ARTA Garaiya for 150 EUR free shipping (212 USD). I already saw a NSX for 138 EUR (195 USD) shipping included from Japan on ebay. But then i have to add another 19% TAX at the customs so it doesn't get cheaper at all.

The difference between a NSX and a ARTA in Germany is about 29 EUR (41 USD). This is really annoying - especially if you don't like the ARTA body.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Glinzo
The cheapest one i can get in Germany is the ARTA Garaiya for 150 EUR free shipping (212 USD). I already saw a NSX for 138 EUR (195 USD) shipping included from Japan on ebay. But then i have to add another 19% TAX at the customs so it doesn't get cheaper at all.

The difference between a NSX and a ARTA in Germany is about 29 EUR (41 USD). This is really annoying - especially if you don't like the ARTA body.
Ouch, that's a pretty brutal import tax. At any rate, best of luck in your search. You won't be disappointed.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SKYFLAKES
thanks timmie! I decided to buy the TBO3 because of your videos

I already sold my TC5R. my racemates are asking me why, because i have good results with it. They keep asking me if will buy the TOP racing photon, or the XRAY or the TRF 416. they have no Idea I bought a TB03. I will test the car first in secret to get the right setup. So when i race them again they will be in complete shock. hehehehe!
Great! Glad I was apart of you coming to Tamiya power! HEHE Lots of sugar for me today, very hyper right now hehe. Yes all the topend cars are very nice, but when you beat people with a TB03, all they can say is....Dang, I got whooped by plastic...and then you just go
Old 08-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Hello out there!

I decided to join this Forum because it seems to be the only one that's talking about the Tamiya TB-03 Chassis (in a language i can understand)

Here in Germany you only get poor information about my new favourite chassis. Prices are high here so i can understand that barely nobody has one. They are talking very much about the TA-05, TA-05IFS or the newer TA-05 ver.II

Because i am a parking lot driver i recently decided to purchase a shaft driven chassis. During the last years i had a TL-01 and in the beginning of this year i bought a pre-owned fully-loaded TRF 414M i am running with a 6.5T Orion BL set (6400 k/V) and 2S Lipos. To be honest, the TRF is too fragile (belt drive) and expensive for driving on a parking lot. I've got a 1/5 scale MCD, too but i think i'm going to sell it soon.

I just registered here to say "thank you". This thread offers exactly the information i need. In the last time i was thinking about a TA-05 IFS before i saw the TB-03 and read ALL your postings about this chassis. By now the decision is clear. I want it! The Takata Dome NSX is the one i like the most (but it's also the most expensive here ) With all the tuning parts you've got to go for at first such as a spool and the aluminium/carbon steering i've got to pay 255 € what means 361 USD.

How much do you have to pay in the US?

Greetings from Stuttgart, Germany

Glinzo
Hallo, schön, Sie hier!

Glad that you enjoy the page All the guys here are very helpful, its a Tamiya family

Can you get parts for BMW's out of the salvage yards there? Maybe we can make some trades for Tamiya parts heheh
Old 08-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Addict

Alrighty here is a video of low traction, parking lot, unprepared, shaft drive, spool. Jimmy Mac recorded this with his apple iphone! Nice nice!

Track was very slick, but lots of fun But the coolest part of the video is the scream of the shaftdrive going down the straightaway! It gets me all excited everytime I hear it! Scares belt car drivers! LOL! Turn up the volume!!!

Last edited by Timmie; 08-10-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: CRAP!
Old 08-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

haha sorry I'm retarded here ya go
Old 08-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Timmie
Can you get parts for BMW's out of the salvage yards there? Maybe we can make some trades for Tamiya parts heheh
This would be no problem. Since the beginning of this year our government initiated a wrecking bonus for every car older than 8 yrs. You get an extra 2500 EUR if you wreck your old one and buy a new "clean" car.

The yards are full with cars. Even with cars worth a lot more than the 2500 EUR you get if you bring it there

Just tell me what you need.

@ bluesxman:

I'm sure i won't be

Last edited by Glinzo; 08-10-2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

This would be no problem. Since the beginning of this year our government initiated a wrecking bonus for every car older than 8 yrs. You get an extra 2500 EUR if you wreck your old one and buy a new "clean" car.

The yards are full with cars. Even with cars worth a lot more than the 2500 EUR you will get if you bring it there

Just tell me what you need.

@ bluesxman:

I'm sure i won't be
Ok nice, I will PM you later. I have a greymarket car in need of some eur spec parts for replacement.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

low traction use which tire & insert ?
Old 08-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Addict

something weird going on. If that video doesn't play just click thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9hxGiVbJwo
Old 08-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
low traction use which tire & insert ?
At this track I used Muchmore sweep 36, and aqua muchmore insert. Try and save money

I am making list of Tamiya parts now, haven't forgotten tire order
Old 08-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Initiate

something weird going on. If that video doesn't play just click thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9hxGiVbJwo

Timmie, that surface is identical to the parking lot track that we race on. I hope you could post your setup soon if youre not busy.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Initiate

At this track I used Muchmore sweep 36, and aqua muchmore insert. Try and save money

I am making list of Tamiya parts now, haven't forgotten tire order

but if you are not saving money, which tire would be the best to use on that kind of surface?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.