Search

ROAR PARTNERS WITH HISTORY CHANNEL IN NEW SEASON OF ICE TRUCKERS

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
And NASCAR stands for National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing
And whan was the last time they ran an actual stock car?

This is good for ROAR and the hobby...!!!
Old 05-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
I'm slightly confused. Isn't ROAR a racing organization? I'd think time and energy working on their racing series is a better allocation of time/money.

I've attached the mission statement, and while you can say that they are promoting the "sport" the real mission is mentioned that the most important level is the club level...which I think is really being left behind.
I think you have some issues that you need to work out there buddy. This is all good, I dont think its ROAR who has lost focus. At least not on this issue, not now.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
OH... crystal clear to me now... LOL... Yes, RC Driver is one of the participating sponsors of this event and they are tasked with promoting this event.

And yes..... we would love to have your help!! We are in need of ROAR members to help with the timing and scoring of the 2nd-4th events and assistance in repairs if necessary to the trucks. Your region director received email about this today.. but contact Shawn Palmer at [email protected] (or abailey here on RC Tech) to offer your assistance... we are in need of help. The History Channel will pay for your fuel to get to this event.
Thats great news. RC Driver has done a great job already promoting RC at full scale races. Hopefully they will also set up one of their promo tracks too

Adam - you got PM about Dover & Pocono
Old 05-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am not a member.....yet, but I would like to give Dawn and ROAR big kudos for this. It is an awesome way to attract new people to our hobby. Good Job!!!

I gotta fill out the application and send some money.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gain Time
I am not a member.....yet, but I would like to give Dawn and ROAR big kudos for this. It is an awesome way to attract new people to our hobby. Good Job!!!

I gotta fill out the application and send some money.
www.roarracing.com

you can do it online..
Old 05-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Suspended

...........post note: mind you the intent here isn't to flame, bash, or trash.....

.... but I am a bit puzzled and curious.

While I am generally under the agreement that any promotion and promoting of RC racing in this country is a good thing as it potentially introduces more people to our unique, albeit small, hobby.

I am severly puzzled about is how this - regardless of if it's connected to IceRoadTruckers, CashCab, NonSurvivorMan, FixUpMyDumpOfAHouse, PimpMyGirlfriend, or FreezingMyBallsOffWhileCrabFishingInAlaska - has ANYTHING to do with promoting our hobby ... other than giving people the misbegotten illusion that "oh yeah, I heard of you ROAR guys and gals, you're the ones that race remote control semi tractor trailer rigs -- seen 'em on TV -- you're not on drugs are ya?".

If the organization chooses to promote the hobby, fine. But wouldn't there be a better format - like some sort of automobile/motorsports-related show, like, um, Overhaulin' or something?

As I said, I'm not replying to trash anyone, so please don't respond in that manner as it wasn't intended to be mean-spirited - I'm just curious as to the thought process in which the decision was made.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Does anybody other than Tamiya make semi trucks that are durable for this event?
yokomo used to make some 'euro style' semi rc trucks that will fit touring cars (nitro and electric). That would be a ball if we can get some drift cars with the semi truck bodies out there too.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomkelley
yokomo used to make some 'euro style' semi rc trucks that will fit touring cars (nitro and electric). That would be a ball if we can get some drift cars with the semi truck bodies out there too.

there you go...I think that is what is bugging some guys...Semi Tractor Trailers. I understand the promotion is with the History Channel and Ice Road Truckers and that is fantastic...Mix it up with these euro trucks and drifters and you have a winner all the way around!
Old 05-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ratherBracing
...........post note: mind you the intent here isn't to flame, bash, or trash.....

.... but I am a bit puzzled and curious.

While I am generally under the agreement that any promotion and promoting of RC racing in this country is a good thing as it potentially introduces more people to our unique, albeit small, hobby.

I am severly puzzled about is how this - regardless of if it's connected to IceRoadTruckers, CashCab, NonSurvivorMan, FixUpMyDumpOfAHouse, PimpMyGirlfriend, or FreezingMyBallsOffWhileCrabFishingInAlaska - has ANYTHING to do with promoting our hobby ... other than giving people the misbegotten illusion that "oh yeah, I heard of you ROAR guys and gals, you're the ones that race remote control semi tractor trailer rigs -- seen 'em on TV -- you're not on drugs are ya?".

If the organization chooses to promote the hobby, fine. But wouldn't there be a better format - like some sort of automobile/motorsports-related show, like, um, Overhaulin' or something?

As I said, I'm not replying to trash anyone, so please don't respond in that manner as it wasn't intended to be mean-spirited - I'm just curious as to the thought process in which the decision was made.
Have you ever seen "American Chopper"? The choppers they build on the show have little to do with the products the companies that hire them to build. The take parts of what the company represents and incorporate them into the bike.

This is all that is going on here. The fact that the History channel wants to promote their show with RC and Roar is who the contacted is good thing. They could have contacted some Hollywood model making company to do it but decided to contact ROAR because of their knowledge and expirience in promoting races.

When marketing (both The History Channel and ROAR) you sometimes have to think outside the box to come up with ways to get your product (A tv show and organized racing) in front of the public. The partnership is beneficial to both parties. If the money doesnt come out of the membership fees it is essentially free advertising which is a double bonus for ROAR and it's members.

I am struggling to see why this is an issue. Not bashing you just not understanding the problem. Maybe this will lead to a show where RC racers are on camera as they tour the country going from RC race to RC race. Not sure what they could call it though but I am sure it will be catchy.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Adept

If you want to promote R/C racing, do you only advertise in R/C magazines?
To answer that you have to think outside the box, alot of orginizations have found that you need to advertise in unlikely places, but in places that still have some connection to your product or business.

One does not advertise a "Gentilemens club" on a Religous channel but you would advertise a race at a race yes?
Old 05-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AzRon
If you want to promote R/C racing, do you only advertise in R/C magazines?
To answer that you have to think outside the box, alot of orginizations have found that you need to advertise in unlikely places, but in places that still have some connection to your product or business.

One does not advertise a "Gentilemens club" on a Religous channel but you would advertise a race at a race yes?
Oh I see where you are going ....... you are good!! Yes and where else to promote a tv program about truck drivers (blue collar workers) but at a NASCAR race which fan base is heavily supported by the work class. Nice!!

I smell a win win situation here.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Cut and paste from the press release:
“ROAR was asked to provide technical assistance and manpower to pull off this awesome promotion, and I think we’ve done a stellar job building and outfitting the trucks, as well as preparing on-site race equipment and support for each of these exciting events.” – Shawn Palmer ROAR Promotions Director

Basically, The History Channel is promoting their show Ice Road Truckers and ROAR an obvious choice, was asked to assist in this venture at NASCAR events using RC equipment.

This is an opportunity to get ROAR into the minds of a large racing community. That was the only decision process being made. Marketing the brand of sanctioned racing.. at several of the best known sanctioned events in the world.

Truly, I fail to see the question in this and wonder why the scrutiny.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Cut and paste from the press release:
“ROAR was asked to provide technical assistance and manpower to pull off this awesome promotion, and I think we’ve done a stellar job building and outfitting the trucks, as well as preparing on-site race equipment and support for each of these exciting events.” – Shawn Palmer ROAR Promotions Director

Basically, The History Channel is promoting their show Ice Road Truckers and ROAR an obvious choice, was asked to assist in this venture at NASCAR events using RC equipment.

This is an opportunity to get ROAR into the minds of a large racing community. That was the only decision process being made. Marketing the brand of sanctioned racing.. at several of the best known sanctioned events in the world.

Truly, I fail to see the question in this and wonder why the scrutiny.

Nothing negative about this deal at all...good for all.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

This is a cool way to get more eyes into RC. Great job ROAR and others that helped.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How many posts have there been about promoting RC racing in the mainstream? Here's a big cable network using our hobby to promote the new season of one of their more popular shows, at 4 NASCAR Sprint Cup races yet.

Have any of you heard the phrase getting your foot in the door????!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.