R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-17-2008, 11:12 PM   #76
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
if you wish to make personnal attacks on me, please keep it to our beloved NW threads.
its not a personal attack!

SHEESH RELAX
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #77
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

uummmm, if you say so.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:42 AM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Nice job ROAR. I don't like NASCAR, but I'm a huge Ice Road Truckers fan so I love the partnership.

Be sure to fasten down those loads.
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #79
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherBracing View Post
If we're going to point fingers, I think you still have some explaining to do relative to your new relationship with your bu-ddy from NewYork.......
OK, once, just once when the stars and planets align and it just happens to be a full moon there a small window where total opposites agree on one thing and one thing only... This is that one time..... After this, it will be back to New Yorkers wishing their sports and city was as good as Baston....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:25 AM   #80
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I'm gunning for ya Baston, my Detroit teams are looking for Baston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
OK, once, just once when the stars and planets align and it just happens to be a full moon there a small window where total opposites agree on one thing and one thing only... This is that one time..... After this, it will be back to New Yorkers wishing their sports and city was as good as Baston....
Old 05-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #81
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R.Dalnogare

Quote:
None, thanks for asking Rover, but since you seem to be so expereinced in such matters..........
Why do you complain so much? It not just on this thread, you are doing the same thing on the micro worlds thread. If people see this demo and think that RC ice trucks are the only type of RC cars made, then they are just as ignorant as you. Especially when there will be hobbyist and RCDriver there answering questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherBracing;
Scrutiny? That's what happens when decisions are made by the executive branch of an organization where the membership isn't consulted.
You probably are not even a member.
R.Dalnogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A. Rhodes

Quote:
kinda like the time a club I was involved with once hosted a demo race at a discount store, had lots of folks come by and ask questions and literally every one of them had the same response, "can you buy those inside? No? How much do those cost? WTF? If I could afford that I wouldn't be shopping here!"
I can almost guarantee that when asked, all the people were told the price of a full blown "race car" and gear. Of course that will scare away potential racers. Always remeber when asked how much does it cost, the answer should be "you can get out on the track today for a few hundred (RTR), but a set up like mine, will cost more." People with the big egos about their gear and it's cost are a very bad thing for this hobby.

I think a lot of the concern / b!thcing on this thread is we are racers, and we want to promote racing. But we seem to loose track that we all started in this hobby the same way, saw something RC related, found a hobby shop, and evolved into racers. Remeber, these people building trucks or buying T-maxes keep the shops open, especially the one with TRACKS!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:38 AM   #83
Tech Champion

Quote:
Thank you for the polite and mature reply, something it seems some of your overzelous compatriots could take a lesson from.
Your answer this time explains a few things, clears up some more, and at least helps me understand why.

good luck
So, care to tell us who you are? Or would you rather hide behind the keyboard? Oh and BTW rctech is suppose to have this rule about multiple accounts using the same IP addresses/email/etc.. I wonder if the new management will enforce this rule.....
RC Tech member #11
Old 05-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #84
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Dalnogare View Post
Why do you complain so much? It not just on this thread, you are doing the same thing on the micro worlds thread. If people see this demo and think that RC ice trucks are the only type of RC cars made, then they are just as ignorant as you. Especially when there will be hobbyist and RCDriver there answering questions.:
First, my response was made to an immature and attacking reply.
Second, if one is not allowed to ask why then why in the heck even bother discussing something if everyone is going to fall in rank-&-file Communist reginme style.
Thirdly, if you're going to be so immaure to call people names (something I'd venture to guess you'd never do in real life or risk getting bitch slapped by your wife) or suggest people aren't going to be confused about the comparison then I guess you've never had to explain the whole "I race RC cars discussion to friends before."

Quote:
You probably are not even a member.
I've been an active competing member myself since the mid-90s.

You can cut the elistist attitude any time.
ratherBracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #85
Suspended

Quote:
So, care to tell us who you are? Or would you rather hide behind the keyboard? Oh and BTW rctech is suppose to have this rule about multiple accounts using the same IP addresses/email/etc.. I wonder if the new management will enforce this rule.....

Well I don't see you doing any differently.

Ooopps, my mistake, you're a Dick, I mean Dick.
Yeah, that clears the issue.

Um, just to set the record straight my stepdad and myself share a computer hookup. Same IP addy, different email addys.
But if you were as smart as you profess to be you'd know that already.

Seems that it's always the ones doing the accussing are the ones actually guilty of the crime.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:31 PM   #86
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Rhodes View Post
I can almost guarantee that when asked, all the people were told the price of a full blown "race car" and gear. Of course that will scare away potential racers. Always remeber when asked how much does it cost, the answer should be "you can get out on the track today for a few hundred (RTR), but a set up like mine, will cost more." People with the big egos about their gear and it's cost are a very bad thing for this hobby.

I think a lot of the concern / b!thcing on this thread is we are racers, and we want to promote racing. But we seem to loose track that we all started in this hobby the same way, saw something RC related, found a hobby shop, and evolved into racers. Remeber, these people building trucks or buying T-maxes keep the shops open, especially the one with TRACKS!
Thanks for the mature reply.
Glad to see there's another adult involved with the thread.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:12 PM   #87
Tech Champion

Quote:
Well I don't see you doing any differently.

Ooopps, my mistake, you're a Dick, I mean Dick.
Yeah, that clears the issue.

Um, just to set the record straight my stepdad and myself share a computer hookup. Same IP addy, different email addys.
But if you were as smart as you profess to be you'd know that already.

Seems that it's always the ones doing the accussing are the ones actually guilty of the crime.
And care to man up and tell us who who are?

And I'm sure just about 98% of the internet users have email accounts at yahoo, google/etc..... And I won't go into the MAC address.....

And I don't hide, never have, never will... I've talked/met a lot of posters in here... And I don't need a second account to stir things up, I feel everyone should be held accountable for their actions.... No matter which account they use....
RC Tech member #11
Old 05-18-2008, 06:35 PM   #88
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Whatever. Doesn't matter. ROAR teaming up with History Channel and NASCAR is a brilliant idea.

ROAR deserves kudos, not criticism.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:17 PM   #89
Suspended

Quote:
And care to man up and tell us who who are?

And I'm sure just about 98% of the internet users have email accounts at yahoo, google/etc..... And I won't go into the MAC address.....

And I don't hide, never have, never will... I've talked/met a lot of posters in here... And I don't need a second account to stir things up, I feel everyone should be held accountable for their actions.... No matter which account they use....
How about you "manning up" and IDing yourself so everyone here can find your phone number, call and perster you?

Not man enough, or are you just being a Dick - incessantly?

pssssttt - Talking tough, blowing smoke, or making threats via the Internet is pretty immature. What are you like 12?

Grow up, or act your age - your choice.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:13 AM   #90
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh, the drama!
Sabin is offline   Reply With Quote