R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-12-2008, 06:53 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default when can we expect the Serpent and Xray /12th scale on www.rctvlive.com

come on guys it has been FOREVER

Ralph Burch and M Salven talked about the new cars and you said you WOULD have them on?

whats the deal?

not ragging on you just want to see them
microcrazy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:26 AM   #2
Tech Addict

I'm not getting too excited about the XRAY 12th scale. I'm willing to bet it won't get to us, the consumer, till 2009. Prove me wrong Mr. Hudy...please
FOXY923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You may be right on the xray. The guys in Texas have not seen it yet either. But there are some big things happening at Xray so the comming months should prove very exciting.
Ginsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:07 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

You guys have good stuff on and seem to be in the know. I enjoy the show but would like to know if you can find out about another 1/12 car.

I hear that there may be a LOSI 12th scale on road car in the works. Losi is not saying a thing.

If you do find out they have one can you please have it on?

one more thing, more Jessica
RC_PaulT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:02 PM   #5
Tech Adept

yes,

you are correct. Losi has got something up there sleeve for 1/12 scale. Probably in early 09. It will be link based with new FE design.
march to my own is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by march to my own View Post
yes,

you are correct. Losi has got something up there sleeve for 1/12 scale. Probably in early 09. It will be link based with new FE design.
That could be interesting because I would imagine there might be an RTR version too.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:53 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

For you LOSI fans out there, did you know that they did a 1/12th scale before? I am not talking about the 12L either. It was called the Street Weapon, the same name they ended up giving the Touring Car. I have a homemade video at the "Ranch Pit Shop" with Junior being interviewed about it after a race. It was pretty cool, I wish I knew how to host video.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Probably in early 09. It will be link based with new FE design.
It'll be hard for them to fit the mini-t shocks under a sleek 12th scale shell, won't it? Also they'll really have to rework that slider chassis for a link style rear end.

I would love to see LOSI enter the class, but some how I don't think Horizon will ever let that come to fruition.......
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 06:51 AM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
For you LOSI fans out there, did you know that they did a 1/12th scale before? I am not talking about the 12L either. It was called the Street Weapon, the same name they ended up giving the Touring Car. I have a homemade video at the "Ranch Pit Shop" with Junior being interviewed about it after a race. It was pretty cool, I wish I knew how to host video.

Steve
That video is something we would definately like to have on the show. Steve shoot us an email.

From what we know and have seen on both cars, they are definately worth the wait. We have not heard anything about a Losi car but who knows?

We will get the show on as soon as we get our sample from Xray! We received a big box from them the other day that we thought may have the 1/12th scale car and it was an 808 1/8th buggy and some other stuff. We promise though, we will have it on. Thanks for watching.

Linda
RCTVLIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
Tech Elite

perhaps if xray and losi are coming out with 1/12 cars, it would give the class the old shot in the arm it needs to become popular again. what really needs to happen is for the battery companies to figure out a lipo pack that would work in the cars. that is the only thing keeping me out of 1/12. lipo's and brushless in touring have made it more about the car and driver, instead of who can buy the most power.
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
Tech Master

Become popular again?! Huh?!

A Losi 12th car would be awesome though.
wingman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTVLIVE View Post
That video is something we would definately like to have on the show. Steve shoot us an email.

From what we know and have seen on both cars, they are definately worth the wait. We have not heard anything about a Losi car but who knows?

We will get the show on as soon as we get our sample from Xray! We received a big box from them the other day that we thought may have the 1/12th scale car and it was an 808 1/8th buggy and some other stuff. We promise though, we will have it on. Thanks for watching.

Linda
Hello Linda,

I sent you a PM on the subject.

Very Cool. Thanks.

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 03:21 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
yes,

I talked with Hodge about this and his remark was "LOLOLOL, seriously?"

take it as you want but it doesn't sound like a losi 1/12 car is in the works
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #14
Tech Adept

i figured as much about losi. these two seem to know a lot that is going on with rc cars and what is coming out. we can always hope. thanks for a great show guys just wish you would do it more often
microcrazy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:20 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
perhaps if xray and losi are coming out with 1/12 cars, it would give the class the old shot in the arm it needs to become popular again. what really needs to happen is for the battery companies to figure out a lipo pack that would work in the cars. that is the only thing keeping me out of 1/12. lipo's and brushless in touring have made it more about the car and driver, instead of who can buy the most power.
Al..... Dont think the biggest problem with 12th scale is the battery packs although it would be nice when it happens....But I think the biggest problem is weight....Because weight transfer is such a critical part of the way these cars handle. If you lose half the weight current NIMH batteries provide means you would have to add a substantial amount of weight to the current cars to make them handle the way they do now or redesign them all. That is the current delima. Actually it will be a natural progression but this will take time. Lipo will probably change first. But dont expect this to happen overnight.
Bubonic-X is offline   Reply With Quote