R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Enduro Racing "Le Mans" Style. NOT for the weak of heart

I've always loved Le Mans style racing. Everything from running different class cars. To the long hours that both man and machine have to endure. In enduro racing it's not always about being the fastest. But rather who is the most consistent and has the most durable setup.

Unique things that might occur during this style of race? Battery changes, tire changes and minor repairs would be allowed in the pit area.

Time: 2.4 hour or 1000 laps

Teams: 2-3 man teams each consisting of 2-3 drivers and 1 car to be switched out on rotation at the team's discretion. Teams are expected to pool their batteries.

Turn Marshalls: Each team will volunteer 1 of their members to act as turn marshalls for their cars.

These classes are speculative and open to change.

LMP Prototype class:

Motor: Unlimited

Wheels: Pan Style TBD

Approved Bodies: Lola style 200mm bodies

Wings: N/A

Chassis: 1/10 Pan Style Chassis

Batteries: TBD

GT1 Class:

Motor: 19T or 13.5

Wheels: HPI 26mm spoked wheels (no dish wheels) and HPI rubber tires only. No dish wheels. 26mm Yokomo wheels or other comparable "spoked" wheel.

Approved Bodies: GT Style Yokomo, Tamiya, ABC, Speedway Pal and HPI bodies only (no TC style bodie ex:Stratus or Mazda 6 race bodies).

Wings: Kit Lexan wing (cut to stock cut line) or HPI plastic wing set only. Again there are comparable options from other manufacturers.

Chassis: Any TC chassis.

GT3 Porsche Cup Class:

Motor: 27T or 17.5

Wheels: HPI 26mm spoked wheels (no dish wheels) and HPI rubber tires only. No dish wheels. 26mm Yokomo wheels or other comparable "spoked" wheel.

Approved Bodies: HPI Porsche 911 Body #7335 or Tamiya's 911 GT3 body

Wings: Kit Lexan wing (cut to stock cut line) or HPI plastic wing set only. Again there are comparable options from other manufacturers.

Chassis: Any TC chassis.

We wouldn't stock the field too deep but rather provide a good mix of cars to add the excitement of navigating through traffic. Obviously, after the race. You will only be matched up againist those in your class.

So what do you guys think?

Last edited by Boosted561; 05-09-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Boosted561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
Tech Champion

30mins? LOL Man up! Make it 2 hours! LOL. All kidding aside our F1 racing series used to run it's races for 45 mins and we used to do a 2.4 hour LeMans race about twice a year. Always good fun but hard work.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:16 AM   #3
Tech Master

If you're running a 10th scale 24 hour race wouldn't it be 2.4 hours?
HB Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:15 AM   #4
Tech Champion

Which is why ours was 2.4 hrs
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:11 AM   #5
Tech Regular

Man this thing happen few years ago for RC too, For 1/8 scale off road in a small French town called Saint martin Longueau. Unfortunatly, the club closed due to neighborhood complaint about noise.

And it was really 24 H racing, include by nights.
Mister-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:54 AM   #6
Tech Rookie

Last winter in southern Ontario we had 4 to 5 Hr MINI enduros for Tamiya Mini's.
Had more people trying to enter than space. Race was run on laps not time 1000 laps. There is a 2.4 hr one coming at RROL in London Ontario, 31 May. There seems to be lots of interest for these type of races.
croz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:58 AM   #7
Tech Adept

Hahahaha, thanks for the input guys. I'll update the time. There is Petit Le Mans here in Atlanta which is about 8-10hr race. I'll add the lap counting as well versus the timing. I'll keep updating the first post til something solid pans out.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've always wanted to run in a race like this, I think it would be very fun.
JCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:35 AM   #9
Tech Adept

updated
Old 05-09-2008, 07:53 AM   #10
Tech Adept

We have run 2 major Enduro Races here at Seattle Indoor Raceway

12 Hour Day and Night Tamiya Mini Spec enduro

24 hour Open World Record 1/10th scale Enduro
Attached Thumbnails
Enduro Racing "Le Mans" Style. NOT for the weak of heart-744x558.jpg   Enduro Racing "Le Mans" Style. NOT for the weak of heart-744x558screenshot.jpg  
crunchracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:57 AM   #11
Tech Adept

Default From the 12 Hour

These are fron the 12 hour Mini Enduro
Notice the working lights
Attached Thumbnails
Enduro Racing "Le Mans" Style. NOT for the weak of heart-dsc02005.jpg   Enduro Racing "Le Mans" Style. NOT for the weak of heart-dsc02018.jpg  
crunchracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 07:59 AM   #12
Suspended

Sounds like a good way for folks to go through a lot of tires, motors, batteries, and parts............

........so do you have sponsors lined up to provide such for the racers, or are you expecting guys to dole this cost out themselves while you're giving out purse money and providing trophy girls and such?
RocketRob40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #13
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRob40 View Post
Sounds like a good way for folks to go through a lot of tires, motors, batteries, and parts............

........so do you have sponsors lined up to provide such for the racers, or are you expecting guys to dole this cost out themselves while you're giving out purse money and providing trophy girls and such?
Please do not sour this thread with your pessimistic views of the industry or racing in general. If you're upset about not getting that "sponsorship" or having scantly clad women falling all over you... Please keep it to yourself.

I am just providing a framework for something different. There's a possibility that this framework could be used to incubate some new classes starting up until those classes can stand on their own.

So to answer your question, no I did not line up sponsors. Everyone knows that this hobby consumes alot of money and time. If you're not willing to put in either, then there are other forms of racing for you to participate in. I do not believe it is up to other people to pay for your personal hobbies that you volunteer for and enjoy.

Maybe I should paypal you some money so you can go out to dinner and a movie tonight?

If you wish to continue this discussion. Please PM me.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #14
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

I think it'd be fun to have a 2.4 hour enduro. I had an idea for having a 5 day festival of all sorts of RC enduros covering a number of classes and the 2.4 hour enduro would be the headlining event. I think that you could have races for all sorts of classes both nitro and electric.
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #15
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted561 View Post
Please do not sour this thread with your pessimistic views of the industry or racing in general. If you're upset about not getting that "sponsorship" or having scantly clad women falling all over you... Please keep it to yourself.
I only commented because you asked for people's opinions. If you didn't want them you shouldn't have asked.
Oh, and btw, I have all the sponsors I need - I was just thinking about the other guys that don't.
And I grew out of my scantily clad women stage when I stopped dating that Hooters chickie poo.

Quote:
I am just providing a framework for something different. There's a possibility that this framework could be used to incubate some new classes starting up until those classes can stand on their own..
Sounds more like a way of killing classes and running off racers when one race uses up several month's worth of equipment for one event.

Quote:
So to answer your question, no I did not line up sponsors. Everyone knows that this hobby consumes alot of money and time. If you're not willing to put in either, then there are other forms of racing for you to participate in. I do not believe it is up to other people to pay for your personal hobbies that you volunteer for and enjoy. .
Oh, so you didn't do your homework........

Quote:
Maybe I should paypal you some money so you can go out to dinner and a movie tonight?
Um, since I invested properly so my wife and I could retire comfortably at 40 I don't think I need any of your measily paypal funds -- but sure, go ahead and send what you want.

Quote:
If you wish to continue this discussion. Please PM me.
You could have let my comment go, but since you DID NOT reply to it in a PM I won't bother either.
RocketRob40 is offline   Reply With Quote