R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   take off pre mounts (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/22080-take-off-pre-mounts.html)

Johnnytc3 07-29-2003 11:21 PM

take off pre mounts

anybody know where i can purchase the new DISH versions of the cs-27s premounts?
thanks
johnny

TimPotter 07-30-2003 05:16 AM

Steve @ www.mdiracing.com has them in stock, as I am sure a bunch of other shops do.

kt racing 07-30-2003 06:21 AM

You can get the tires from speedtech or debbies rc world. They both have really good prices.

www.speedtechrc.com

www.debbiesrcworld.com
(757) 340-6681

Johnnytc3 07-30-2003 07:12 AM

yea ive ordered from speedtech before, i still dont see them online, im guessing they havent updated their websites, ill just give em a call.
Thanks
Johnny

turbodog 07-30-2003 07:36 AM

Its an on-going change. Same part numbers as before, you'll have to request the new dish wheel when ordering but the old wheel will soon be gone from shops.

Kraig 07-31-2003 08:01 AM

KT Hobbies is selling the spoke wheel version for $22.95 for a 4 pack while supplies last. We don't have any dish wheels right now though.

SpeedTech 07-31-2003 09:07 AM

Hi Guys,

The ones we carry now are the dish wheels already (currently the 22 and 32 compounds are available in dish rims pre-mounts). The spoke wheels are softer rims, and warp real easily upon impact (which is why Take off went with the dish style) I ran the the new dish rim 27 pre-mounts at ROAR Nats in NC and all weekend not a single tire warp or bent. :)

Steve Wang

Fully Hopped 07-31-2003 09:12 AM

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

The ones we carry now are the dish wheels already (currently the 22 and 32 compounds are available in dish rims pre-mounts). The spoke wheels are softer rims, and warp real easily upon impact (which is why Take off went with the dish style) I ran the the new dish rim 27 pre-mounts at ROAR Nats in NC and all weekend not a single tire warp or bent. :)

Steve Wang

Do you have the Take Off cs-27's with the 15 spoke rims in stock?
LMK.

SpeedTech 07-31-2003 09:18 AM

Fully Hopped

No, those have been discontinued by Schumacher USA (Distributor of Take Off products) and all the ones that are on 15 spoke are older Take off tires now.

Steve Wang

Fully Hopped 07-31-2003 09:23 AM

Thanks,
I'll place an order for the new ones then and some other things.

I appreciate it.

Johnnytc3 07-31-2003 03:14 PM

Yea ive been trying to get rid of all my spokes, the quality of the cross wheels is crap, my dish ones are soo good that you can use them to set up your car... something i wouldnt do with the cross's.

Steve and Kraig, when will you be getting the Cs-27s in?

THanks
johnny

SpeedTech 07-31-2003 03:27 PM

Johnny,

Just waiting on Schumacher to get them.

Steve Wang

Accord 08-01-2003 04:20 AM

I am running the new dish CS27 premounts and I cracked 3 of them in one night of racing, it was not even a major accident or anything, just simply slapping the wall very lightly and the entire section where the nut holds on the wheel actually cracked out leaving the nut and center portion of the rim still attached to the car whilst the rest of the wheel was rolling down the track, now if this happened once, then I could just brush it off as a fluke, twice had me wondering, but three times in one night? Mind you, this was the first time I ran the new dish wheels, up until this point I had been running the spoked version and never had this or any other problem, I never experienced warping or anything of the sort with the spoked wheels. The dish wheels are very low quality and I highly reccomend going with the 15 spoke wheels, that is if you can find them. This is especially if the track you're racing on has hard walls and barriers such as metal, stiff PVC, etc. Also, I was not alone in this happening to me, other people at the track that same night broke the same wheels in the same place that I had.

JohnnyTC3, if you can find some, definetly go for the spoked versions as opposed to the dish, they are so much more durable. I think MDI has the spoked ones and the dish ones in stock, www.mdiracing.com

It's very unfortunate that Take-Off discontinued the 15 spoke wheels :(.

AdrianM 08-01-2003 07:15 AM

Accord-This is very interesting to us. We just ran the OnRoad Nationals (2x4 pine boards bolted to ground) on this wheel and tire combo with just 1 rim failure out of 600+ sets sold there. The driver that broke the wheel also destroyed his car in the process. We have also run a state race at TQ Hobby in Orlando (PVC pipe) with no problems.

The decision to go to a stiffer Dish rim was entirely the result of racer feedback. The 15 spokes would get wobbly if you hit a wall and could be slightly out of round when new. The new dish rims are super true and never get knocked out of true.

We'll all see how the wheels hold up at the MDI State race in 3 weeks.

jhort 08-01-2003 07:59 AM

I raced at the TQ state race as well and did not have an issue with the wheels. I also raced on the carpet at MDI and had one wheel center crack with two nights racing on the wheel. I never had this problem with the other wheels. I like the dish wheels but I hope this isn't what we are in for.