Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-21-2008, 10:18 AM   #91
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

[QUOTE=chicagokenji;4658097]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz View Post
I would honestly probably stay home rather than go race with a I-Lap system./QUOTE]

This is a troll...right?

If not, please tell me what's going thru your head when you think about racing without using an AMB? How would it be so different?

Are you a sponsored racer?

Hes not a troll..... he is a cheese head though !

I think his thought is blurry from the sleeper hold i applied to him last time i was at trackside.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:29 AM   #92
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

[QUOTE=chicagokenji;4658097]
Quote:
I would honestly probably stay home rather than go race with a I-Lap system./QUOTE]

This is a troll...right?

If not, please tell me what's going thru your head when you think about racing without using an AMB? How would it be so different?

Are you a sponsored racer?
No troll man not at all. I wouldn't think about racing without using amb, everywhere I race uses it. It really wouldn't be too different in certain ways. I have taken what you quoted out of my post. I did not say what I wanted to say exactly. I would much rather leave it at this and go no further. Am I sponsored no not at all. Wallstreet ate my sponsor a year ago. Are you sponsored?

[QUOTE=wallstreet;4658207]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post

Hes not a troll..... he is a cheese head though !

I think his thought is blurry from the sleeper hold i applied to him last time i was at trackside.
Yes I am a cheesehead & proud of it, I was raised by a fib though. One of these times I am gonna put you & rob through a table.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 07-21-2008, 12:02 PM   #93
Tech Elite

Quote:
I did not say what I wanted to say exactly. I would much rather leave it at this and go no further. Am I sponsored no not at all. Wallstreet ate my sponsor a year ago. Are you sponsored?
I asked because I'm racing at three different venues using I-LapRC that would not exist if they only had AMB to use as a system. I've never heard anyone make the comment you did and was thinking you were either kidding or you had an angle about race timing equipment that I have never heard before.

No, I'm not a sponsored racer either. I'm just your Average-Joe-Racer, who loves to race. Me and my boys have been racing for almost seven years now, and enjoy everything from 1/18th all the way up to 1/8 buggy.
chicagokenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:29 PM   #94
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post
I asked because I'm racing at three different venues using I-LapRC that would not exist if they only had AMB to use as a system. I've never heard anyone make the comment you did and was thinking you were either kidding or you had an angle about race timing equipment that I have never heard before.

No, I'm not a sponsored racer either. I'm just your Average-Joe-Racer, who loves to race. Me and my boys have been racing for almost seven years now, and enjoy everything from 1/18th all the way up to 1/8 buggy.
No probably not I think I lost where I was going in that post. I think they would exist but would either not have racing or they would be trying to buy amb. Trying would be the key word since the price is so high. I really wish the amb personal would work with the system.

Same here, I race mainly 1/18th and 1/10th. I have been racing since I was 15 been into the hobby since I was 8. It has been along time & I have seen alot of stuff.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 07-21-2008, 03:06 PM   #95
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have been around just as long as anyone, and I remember "computer scoring" meaning somebody had a Commodore 64 that you had to hit the buttons on as cars crossed the line. AMB was around then as well, but if they had a cheaper, automatic alternative, they would have sold a lot and had many happy customers.

I-lap serves that customer, and it does a great job. There is no discernible difference between it and AMB for the racer.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #96
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I-lap serves that customer, and it does a great job. There is no discernible difference between it and AMB for the racer.
There is in the fact of a racer that uses mainly amb going to a track with I-lap. If that racer travels he/she will most likely have an amb personal. In turn it will be a small price to pay to add another either personal or handout. I can see that it might cause a situation. Honestly I would buy a I-lap system for a club before amb because of the cost only. As time goes by and more technology it can count amb personals as well(I Hope).

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 07-21-2008, 04:43 PM   #97
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
In turn it will be a small price to pay to add another either personal or handout. I can see that it might cause a situation.
The track I race at that has the system hands out the transponders before the heat, and takes them back at the end. If you want, they will sell you a personal. Otherwise, it's all good, and part of the race fee.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:36 PM   #98
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I-lap works flawlessly on the testing we did on our new off-road track, Works just like AMB. A lot of new guys come to our track and wanted to race always get discourage everytime they hear they have to buy a $100 AMB transponder. Few of them came back and check out the new I-lap R/C timing system that we have and they are very happy that it will only cost them $38 for PT. And also everytime they buy a I-lap PT they get a free race so actually they only paid $20 bucks for PT

I've been racing fo 9 years and a lot of guys that I know thats uses AMB they are little snab of this timing system "I-lap", But I said we are sticking with this timing system. And I know they wll come especially we are the only 0ff-road track in the area that have red tacky clay

Like what everyone said build it and they will come.

Craig,

I will get a least 10 more transponder to be use as a house transponder so that gives me 15 PT, as soon I get some money

Please check out Goldenhillsraceway.com for more info about I-lap timing system.
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #99
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
Please check out Goldenhillsraceway.com
Wow, that's a beautifully groomed track I see in your homepage photo. Looks like you'll get real dirty racing!

Do you take everything off before you walk into your house after racing?
Old 07-22-2008, 11:20 PM   #100
Tech Elite

That photo was taken about a week ago, Those 1/8th scale truggy, Buggy just makes big ruts and potholes.

But anyways I-lap R/C timing system works period.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I just happened upon this thread, away from my off-road home. I have raced at one of the tracks ChicagoKenji races at, with the iLap system. I use the house transponders they have. For my son's Novice class T-4 with the stickers over the windows, I drilled a small hole in the roof (like 1/8") and tape the transponder so it point sout of it, np.

I have built a club off-road track at my own house, and I am buying an iLap system for it. Like has been said, it is great forclub tracks with smaller budgets. I built my track because there was nothing else around, so with that and gas prices, I figure my track is only for the local market. I will probably use the 5-car RCSP demo and keep the races to 5 cars for now. Total cost for 8 sensors (10-foot bridge), decoder, and 10 transponders is like $810.

I have 1 AMBrc that I would swap from car-to-car at other tracks.
BobWoodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:36 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Yes! I-lap timing system already proved to us that it can handle the rough terrain of off-road no problem. We are planning to have an actual race on august 30th.

Goldehillsraceway.com
Old 01-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #103
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We got this system on our carpet track in Norway.
Just need to say how great it is, no glitch ever unless PT is mounted under decal or heavy painted body. Good range and easy to mount.

But we had a break in at our track and lost the computer, screen, speakers and some more. Lucky no cars where stolen and they left the USD decoder behind. Does anyone have the CD with USB drivers? It was in the computer when it was stolen.

I sent email to Craig but not got reply yet. Probably due to weekend.

Check our website on www.kfmk.no
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #104
Tech Elite

Craig is racing tonight. I'll call him on the phone and tell him to check this thread when he's done and help you out.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:57 PM   #105
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

RossoTorro,

Check your email, I sent you links to get just the drivers or a zip of all the CD files.

Sorry about the delay, I could not get my laptop to boot at the track and had to get back here to another machine.

Craig