R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #271
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
any of you guys fitted one to a Cyclone? Im gonna be picking mine up today actually.
That's what I'll be mounting mine on but it might not be until tomorrow though. I still have to paint it too. It will be a quick rattle can wonder.....LOL My bodies did come in today but now I have to go to my son's foot ball practice.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #272
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Starteur: and everyone. I was able to run the R9R on carpet, like the R9F it is FAST and it turns threw the center of the corner out better than any. i dont think that this body will replace the mazda series bodies completely but in my opinion will join those bodies among the fastest. PS: remember to pull the wing back on this body to take a little steering away if it is too aggressive. Paul
you said you ran it on carpet so was this with a oneway? Do you think that the steering will be too much on asphalt.
Old 09-12-2008, 06:48 AM   #273
Gravity RC

STLNLST: I ran it on carpet with a spool, i have not yet ran it on asphalt so we will have to see. But i did test the R9F on asphalt when i was in germany and suprisingly for a carpet body it was pretty good.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:19 AM   #274
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
STLNLST: I ran it on carpet with a spool, i have not yet ran it on asphalt so we will have to see. But i did test the R9F on asphalt when i was in germany and suprisingly for a carpet body it was pretty good.
I will run it on Sunday for the first time on a med grip track. I'll let you know how it felt. I will mount the wing towards the back like you suggested. I will be running 13.5 My mod career is over for now.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #275
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So what are the news guys, have you tested over the week end?

I still need to know if I buy a Stratus or the new ''thing''.

Thanks

Tamiya TRF417V5 SEDAN Racer - Tamiya 416X VTA Racer - Tamiya TRF 416X USGT Racer -Tamiya M05 V2 PRO Racer -Tamiya F-104X1 Formula 1 Racer.
Starteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #276
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starteur View Post

Thanks
YGM
Old 09-15-2008, 06:35 AM   #277
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
YGM
We all want to know
Old 09-15-2008, 07:32 AM   #278
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starteur View Post

Thanks
Last I checked the stratus has been the old thing ever since the mazda6 has been out. There should be a large performance gap between the r9r and the stratus. The real question is if the r9r is better than the speed6

www.nexusracing.com
www.go-rc.org
shadow102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:23 AM   #279
Tech Master

Could someguy which is using it tell me if is really better than Speed6.
In the case i am looking for new bodies, as the site said is fit on low traction situtation, in the case i race on the concrete.
Then where could i find them, i can't anyway to online order.
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:26 AM   #280
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
We all want to know
It's not the 1st or 2nd body of choice I'd grab for on asphalt.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #281
Tech Initiate

Hi guys,

I tested the R9-R on a pretty small carpet track. Its a very "pointy" body with lots of steering, and noticably more steering on power than SPEED6 and is fairly stable but doesnt seem to have the corner speed of the mazda range.
Im sure time will tell with this body, but i think its still varients of the mazda all the way!
Green Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:49 AM   #282
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Speed View Post
Hi guys,

I tested the R9-R on a pretty small carpet track. Its a very "pointy" body with lots of steering, and noticably more steering on power than SPEED6 and is fairly stable but doesnt seem to have the corner speed of the mazda range.
Im sure time will tell with this body, but i think its still varients of the mazda all the way!
I found the same "on carpet". Very aggressive. It seems to switch left/right extremely fast, but mid-corner is a little different. With time I am sure it can be as good as the preferred (Mazda's from Parma and Proto). It's just going to take a different set up all together.

Last edited by RBLove; 09-15-2008 at 10:04 AM.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:52 AM   #283
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was at the same track as STLNLST this weekend and ran it in practicing Saturday and shelved it. Too twitchy, not enough rear bite, and it made my Mazda 6 feel like a dream once that was refitted for asphault racing with rubber. Looks like a carpet only body for sure.

If anyone wants to try for themselves I have a brand new one never opened that I'll sell you.
Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 10:04 AM   #284
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
I was at the same track as STLNLST this weekend and ran it in practicing Saturday and shelved it. Too twitchy, not enough rear bite, and it made my Mazda 6 feel like a dream once that was refitted for asphault racing with rubber. Looks like a carpet only body for sure.

If anyone wants to try for themselves I have a brand new one never opened that I'll sell you.

It was one of the best weekends in a long time. The turnout was great. My car was definately uncontrollable with the R9-R None of the set up changes helped calm it down. Oh well......I can say I tried the body. See ya the next time out.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #285
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
It was one of the best weekends in a long time. The turnout was great. My car was definately uncontrollable with the R9-R None of the set up changes helped calm it down. Oh well......I can say I tried the body. See ya the next time out.
i ran my R9-R on carpet yesterday and after the 2nd qual of running it i went back to my speed 6.. the car was twitchy also..