R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #496
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The Xcelorin line of motors are great. Easy to solder to tabs and they run strong and consistant.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:05 AM   #497
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 304 (100%+)

I just got the xcelorin esc and I am having a problem getting the brakes to work. I have updated the firmware and it still won't brake. I even turned them up to 80% and still nothing.

I have my EPA's set at 100% and my Expo's at 0.

Whem I apply full brake it will just coast to a stop.
cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #498
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Have you recalibrated the speedo to the radio?

I have more brakes then I need with mine. Does it go forward fine?

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #499
Tech Rookie

hi guy hope you can help

just got back from racing

running a xcelorin brushless and when switch it on all i get is yellow led, have steering but no throttle, can anyone tell me whats up?
millsminis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #500
Tech Fanatic

did you recalibrate your radio with fully charges batteries??

In fairness do not expect much on this forum, the losi boys are way gone, you might be luckier on losi site directly.

I have 2 Xcelorin and they work fine now but I had replacement done a couple of time (actually one is brand new) but left the one I use in a B3 for fun runs, totally useless in standard class with variable timing, as it does not have any...

if the calibration does not work, get back to me and I will try to help.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:41 AM   #501
Tech Rookie

cheers for the reply

tryed setup the speedo again still just the yellow led just wondering what it mean no info in the manuel lol
Old 08-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #502
Tech Fanatic

Have you tried servo reverse on your radio for throttle? then reset

Old 08-08-2011, 09:10 AM   #503
Tech Rookie

yep try that even different radio and receiver

still the same yellow led
Old 08-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #504
Tech Fanatic

is it flashing or full?

If flashing your ESC is gone into thermal overload (which is supprising if you only switch it on) did you try to change your sensor cable?

What motor are you using, this would help a bit
and what car/batteries/radio

If the yellow led is on full, it is waiting to load the radio settings.

Switch tranny now (make sure you have the right crystal or that your receiver/tranny is well binded) I do not know your equipment so I am just saying.

Plug your battery

press the little red button on switch, again making sure that the switch cable is plugged the right way in the receiver and on the speedo. then switch on, at this stage the yellow light comes on, release red button and process to settings of radio as per manual.

Are you doing your setup on computer or with card only? if you are using a 2.4mhz radio, did you switch to this, default is legacy radio (27/40mhz) on system

If this does not help get back to me.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:01 AM   #505
Tech Rookie

hi thanks for the reply

last was going to my brushed stuff back but thought i would try it 1st and it seam to work not got a clue why lol, will try tonight at racing,

cheers again for help, it in x6 buggy with 8.5t and ko 40mhz tranny

hope it works fine tonight
Old 10-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #506
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Reviving this thread here. I'm trying to use my ESC with a 1s pack for oval racing and I'm having a hard time getting it to work this way, I searched this thread and found some advice on using this esc with 1s but so far i can't get it to work.

I have switched the lipo cutoff to NiMH so it's off, I'm running a 6v RX pack to the receiver and have calibrated the ESC to my remote. When I pull the trigger I can see the LED go green for full throttle or red for brakes, but the motor does nothing. I can plug a 2s lipo up and it works fine. So should I try a lesser voltage RX pack or what?

Thanks
Old 10-27-2011, 06:13 AM   #507
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarivers View Post
Reviving this thread here. I'm trying to use my ESC with a 1s pack for oval racing and I'm having a hard time getting it to work this way, I searched this thread and found some advice on using this esc with 1s but so far i can't get it to work.

I have switched the lipo cutoff to NiMH so it's off, I'm running a 6v RX pack to the receiver and have calibrated the ESC to my remote. When I pull the trigger I can see the LED go green for full throttle or red for brakes, but the motor does nothing. I can plug a 2s lipo up and it works fine. So should I try a lesser voltage RX pack or what?

Thanks

Looks like this thread reappears every few months, not too sure about 1s, are you trying to do a setup like a 1/12th setup basically?
Why 1s anyway? is oval 1/10 or 1/12? What is your car?

Old 10-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #508
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986 View Post

Looks like this thread reappears every few months, not too sure about 1s, are you trying to do a setup like a 1/12th setup basically?
Why 1s anyway? is oval 1/10 or 1/12? What is your car?
Yeah it's for a 1/10 oval car, basic setup is like a 1/12th car. 1s is whats specified in the rules package. I was trying to avoid having to buy a new esc if this one will run 1s but doesn't look like that's the case, even if I set the battery type to NiMH without a cut-off voltage or I even tried with a 3.0v cut off on the NiMH mode.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #509
Tech Fanatic

Guys running 1s with a 2s speedo use a sort of external reducer so that it still supply the proper voltage to radio gear, I am unfortunately way off 1/12th, last I raced one was something like 1988

Maybe ask on a 1/12th thread the reasoning and setup for a 2s speedo, then see if you can make it work with Losi's stuff.

There must be an answer, problem is that Losi still sell their units but there is absolutely no support anymore.

Shame for such a company

Old 10-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #510
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarivers View Post

Thanks
Maybe a question asked already but when your connecting the receiver battery are you removing the RED (+) wire from the esc recvr plug? I have used the losi esc in 1S without problems doing this and I also used a small lipo 2s 180mah recr battery.