R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2009, 10:02 AM   #376
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,142
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

no, i'll give that a try an see what happens, just gonna be a little while before i run it again.
cleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #377
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
What your explaining is Low Voltage Cut off kicking in early. What kind of battery, mAh, number of cells etc.. Bearings blowing out thats a tough one. Are you still running it in the Speed-T, and if so what gearing and which tires are you using.

Your calling Horizon Support and they are not accepting your calls? PM your information and i will inquire.
(2) different lipos
(1) losi 7.4 5000 20c/30c (but i am not for sure on the c rating)
(1) integy 7.4 5000 25c/50c
I am running this in a slash with 16/86 gearing and stock vxl wheels and tires.
As for the PM my lhs owner is trying to handle this for me so I will see what he comes up with.
f272272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #378
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
What your explaining is Low Voltage Cut off kicking in early. What kind of battery, mAh, number of cells etc.. Bearings blowing out thats a tough one. Are you still running it in the Speed-T, and if so what gearing and which tires are you using.

Your calling Horizon Support and they are not accepting your calls? PM your information and i will inquire.
Sorry about knocking your product I guess I have just had a bad experience. They keep sending me all new stuff but it never is quite right. I have a vxl setup and my batteries work great in that truck. Rocketron do you have any idea how many amps that losi motor is pulling? I believe the traxxas is 65-100 amps and I searched the Losi website and could not find that info even in the manuals. They just talk about amps for the esc! Thank you for your help.
f272272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:08 AM   #379
mok
Tech Master
 
mok's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mok Send a message via Skype™ to mok
Default

xcelorin sensored 10.5...

anyone got a ballpark gear ratio for track with approx 80ft straight, split fairly evenly in terms of technical/high speed layout?

the manual suggests 5.4 but this seems too low to me.. would would be a good range to work within for this motor?

also, what is the torque like on these motors? and power curve?
can anyone directly compare this motor to an LRP x11 Stock Spec 10.5??

help greatly appreciated !!
__________________
XRAY T3'2011 / TEKIN RS PRO / LRP X12 / HYPERION SWIFT G3 RACE PACKS / FUTABA S9551 / SPEKTRUM DX3R
www.epracer.com - www.precc.org.au - www.westcoastmodelrallyclub.asn.au - www.onroadrccarclubbunbury.org.au
mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:51 AM   #380
Tech Fanatic
 
jrxs-r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 831
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mok View Post
xcelorin sensored 10.5...

anyone got a ballpark gear ratio for track with approx 80ft straight, split fairly evenly in terms of technical/high speed layout?

the manual suggests 5.4 but this seems too low to me.. would would be a good range to work within for this motor?

also, what is the torque like on these motors? and power curve?
can anyone directly compare this motor to an LRP x11 Stock Spec 10.5??

help greatly appreciated !!
mok--> Start at around 6.3 and work from there. Haven't compared the different motors yet at PRECC... still waiting for my losi 10.5. I'm geared at 6.16:1 with the LRP x11 10.5 SS and the Xcelorin ESC.
__________________
Cheers,
Zack
___________________________________________________________________________
Proudly Sponsored by Stanbridges Hobbies
Serpent S411
jrxs-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #381
mok
Tech Master
 
mok's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mok Send a message via Skype™ to mok
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrxs-r View Post
mok--> Start at around 6.3 and work from there. Haven't compared the different motors yet at PRECC... still waiting for my losi 10.5. I'm geared at 6.16:1 with the LRP x11 10.5 SS and the Xcelorin ESC.

excellent, that backs up what i had calculated...
(my spreadsheet wins again! )

i had calculated that i needed a ratio of 6.39 FDR
that would give me a top speed of 41.55kmh in a distance of 23.08m (roughly the useable length of the PRECC main straight.. normally i calculate to 24m, but there's the inner straight now)
__________________
XRAY T3'2011 / TEKIN RS PRO / LRP X12 / HYPERION SWIFT G3 RACE PACKS / FUTABA S9551 / SPEKTRUM DX3R
www.epracer.com - www.precc.org.au - www.westcoastmodelrallyclub.asn.au - www.onroadrccarclubbunbury.org.au
mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #382
Tech Elite
 
rocketron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: palm desert
Posts: 2,266
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f272272 View Post
Sorry about knocking your product I guess I have just had a bad experience. They keep sending me all new stuff but it never is quite right. I have a vxl setup and my batteries work great in that truck. Rocketron do you have any idea how many amps that losi motor is pulling? I believe the traxxas is 65-100 amps and I searched the Losi website and could not find that info even in the manuals. They just talk about amps for the esc! Thank you for your help.
Sending you new product is nice but the problem your describing is LVC kicking in. Please PM me your hobby shop's name and I'll contact them to sort through this issue.

Don't feel bad your having a problem that is not being addressed
__________________
- SchuurSpeed - 6X ROAR National Stock Champion
- Hobbywing North America Team Manager
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #383
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
Sending you new product is nice but the problem your describing is LVC kicking in. Please PM me your hobby shop's name and I'll contact them to sort through this issue.

Don't feel bad your having a problem that is not being addressed
I want to give him the benefit of doubt for now. I understand the LVC is kicking in and so does he. But there is nothing he can do to fix it if all the settings are correct and we have the latest software downloads. And turning the lipo mode off is not acceptable. If he doesnt resolve the issue this week I will PM you.
f272272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #384
Tech Elite
 
rocketron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: palm desert
Posts: 2,266
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f272272 View Post
I want to give him the benefit of doubt for now. I understand the LVC is kicking in and so does he. But there is nothing he can do to fix it if all the settings are correct and we have the latest software downloads. And turning the lipo mode off is not acceptable. If he doesnt resolve the issue this week I will PM you.
Please PM me with the information - Customer Support will NOT be able to help you with this specific situation.
__________________
- SchuurSpeed - 6X ROAR National Stock Champion
- Hobbywing North America Team Manager
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #385
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 84
Default

Hi all.

I race a Tamiya M03 in the 'mini' class at my local club, and am currently using a Tamiya 23T Sport-Tuned motor (on the kit-supplied Tamiya TEU-101BK ESC), powered by 'Yeah Racing' 3200mAh 20C LiPo packs with a Novak 2-cell LiPo cutoff. The motor options that the club allows for the class are: Standard silver-can, Sport-Tuned, 17.5 Brushless or Ezrun 3000kv brushless.

I've been fairly pleased with the performance so far, but I want to get a system that offers more adjustability, so I've ordered a Losi Xcelorin-S 17.5T combo. The car runs on a fairly short indoor carpet track, with an average lap-time of around 12 seconds, with 3x 5-minute heats plus a 5-minute final in an evening's racing.

Will the 17.5 brushless have a noticeable performance increase over the sport-tuned motor, or will it be quite similar?

As I am currently able to run 2x 5-minute races on a 3200 LiPo without needing to recharge, I take 2 fully charged packs with me, and can run the whole evening without having to charge at all. Will the 17.5 system be able to do that also (i.e. run for 10+ minutes on a 3200 pack), or will it use more power than the sport-tuned setup, and so need at least some charging up between races?

Thanks for any help/advice
Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 03:48 AM   #386
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 14
Default

Just to let everyone know, I flashed the updated non corrupt firmware and it all works a treat now. Thanks for the fast turn around.
Cassp0nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:22 AM   #387
Tech Rookie
 
Toy Tuning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 6
Default

What a good bit of kit for the amount it costs. Ran the speed control with the new update installed last weekend- with a lrp motor however indoors- 13.5- geared at a 4.8 fdr and the speed control had great braking for this class. Only downside is that it looks ugly/ untidy and has a huge sensor wire supplied which is ok for off road buggies but not for most touring cars.

The only problem now is that the throttle is a bit like a on and off switch fortunately the setup on my car is great and doesnt break traction- its just very punchy so much in fact I have to slightly ease off and back on the power when Im behind someone in front whilst I exit a turn through the infield.

I noticed in practice that the bottom end is very 'notchy' in feel and I should be able to cruise very slowly up to place my car on the grid with no difficulty however i cant. Can anyone give me pointers with speed controller setup or transmitter settings please? Currently I have zero throttle punch on the transmitter and zero throttle curve and my throttle 2 speed settings are set to all. ( This is on older KO Esprit 2 version transmitter). My throttle endpoints are set to 150 fwds and backwards.

My speed controller settings are as per kit on timing etc only thing Im aware of is that it has the new update installed.

Thanks
__________________
Lee
Toy Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #388
Tech Elite
 
rocketron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: palm desert
Posts: 2,266
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Tuning View Post
This is on older KO Esprit 2 version transmitter). My throttle endpoints are set to 150 fwds and backwards.

Thanks
You shoud recalibrate your ESC after setting your end points per the manual at 100% brake/throttle. On some of the KO transmitters you may need to use 120-125%, but try 100% before increasing and your throttle will be smooth.
__________________
- SchuurSpeed - 6X ROAR National Stock Champion
- Hobbywing North America Team Manager
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #389
Tech Rookie
 
Toy Tuning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 6
Thumbs up

Thanks for your help
__________________
Lee
Toy Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:35 AM   #390
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gauteng, South Africa
Posts: 18
Default

I installed a Xcelorin 17.5 motor and esc in my XXXT-CR and started off with a 26t pinion also using a Losi 5000mah 20c lipo. The problem I am having is that the motor feels flat it has no punch and I battle to make the doudle jumps at the track with which I have never had problems before. Could the problem be my 20c Lipo which is almost a 9 months old now? or could the motor be faulty? it feels the same when gearing down as well.
DazRCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LOSI Xcelorin Brushless/ESC combo ORANGE DOG R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 26 09-01-2008 10:44 PM
<< ** New Losi Desert Truck with NIP Xcelorin Brushless Combo ** >> RcOneNitro R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 28 08-09-2008 07:35 PM
XCELORIN brushless? matthewh Micro and Mini Scales 48 06-26-2008 04:34 PM
losi xcelorin brushless system HarleyMf2 Electric Off-Road 3 04-27-2008 09:39 AM
Losi Xcelorin S Brushless Electronic Speed Control SoCalMitch Electric On-Road 12 03-27-2008 08:08 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:47 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net