R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #361
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to nikos2002

Hey guys looking for some help. Just installed the system with a 10.5 in my truck. Ran through set up process. All lights show as they should. But when I solder on the motor. I get nothing. The light still changes from blue to green but the motor does move at all. Any help would be appreciated. Nick
nikos2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #362
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Version 28 and lack of reverse function update.

From testing it appears that the file is corupt that is available on the download page.

A confirmation test will be finished tomorrow morning and will have the file replaced on the download page. I will add a line indicating it has been updated AND will also post that it has been updated.

Sorry the the confusion and inconvience this has caused.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:50 AM   #363
Tech Rookie

Fantastic!!

Thanks very much Ron for the update.

Jack
JackWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:16 AM   #364
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
Version 28 and lack of reverse function update.

From testing it appears that the file is corupt that is available on the download page.

A confirmation test will be finished tomorrow morning and will have the file replaced on the download page. I will add a line indicating it has been updated AND will also post that it has been updated.

Sorry the the confusion and inconvience this has caused.
Great Ron thanks.

Boy were you guys lucky that the firmware corruption didn't corrupt the flash update part of the firmware or you'd be having to deal with loads of bricked ESCs!
Cassp0nk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:35 AM   #365
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to metalracer2

what do you guys use to clean your brushless motors.
i have been running mine for a couple of months now and i would think the bearings need to be cleand out.
AE B4.1W AE T4.1
metalracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #366
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalracer2 View Post
what do you guys use to clean your brushless motors.
i have been running mine for a couple of months now and i would think the bearings need to be cleand out.

Compressed Air for the motor, and motor spray on the bearings only if you can get the bearings out of the motor. Do NOT spray motor spray into an assembled motor, or onto any of the electronics. The bearings don't need much maintenance, and the bearing is likely to fail before you even get a chance to clean them, as the only way to know if they are bad is to take the motor apart.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:44 PM   #367
Tech Elite

For those with Version 28 and missing reverse the website downloadable file has now been updated.

The file is named D010128N.lsc - N for New

Last edited by rocketron; 01-23-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: new file is available now
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #368
Tech Rookie

Thank you very much Ron!! :tup:

Works perfectly.

Thank you!!

Jack
Old 01-24-2009, 12:03 AM   #369
Tech Initiate

I have the 4800kv speed-t setup. I have sent it back four times! My current problem is that under full throttle the esc turns off and my receiver goes into fail safe mode. I have kept lowering the gear ratio and the problem is getting smaller. But now the car is so slow its not even worth it. It stills does it just not as bad. After messing with it for a little while it appears the bearings just blew out around the shaft of the motor. I take excellent care of my equipment and I am extra careful not to abuse or misuse it. Well its back at Losi right now and hopefully the new one will have all of the bugs worked out. But it has been several weeks and no one from Losi will return my call. I hate to say it but I think there might be a vxl in my future!
f272272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:22 AM   #370
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by f272272 View Post
I have the 4800kv speed-t setup. I have sent it back four times! My current problem is that under full throttle the esc turns off and my receiver goes into fail safe mode. I have kept lowering the gear ratio and the problem is getting smaller. But now the car is so slow its not even worth it. It stills does it just not as bad. After messing with it for a little while it appears the bearings just blew out around the shaft of the motor. I take excellent care of my equipment and I am extra careful not to abuse or misuse it. Well its back at Losi right now and hopefully the new one will have all of the bugs worked out. But it has been several weeks and no one from Losi will return my call. I hate to say it but I think there might be a vxl in my future!
What your explaining is Low Voltage Cut off kicking in early. What kind of battery, mAh, number of cells etc.. Bearings blowing out thats a tough one. Are you still running it in the Speed-T, and if so what gearing and which tires are you using.

Your calling Horizon Support and they are not accepting your calls? PM your information and i will inquire.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:26 AM   #371
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ron, the new firmware is only needed if you were having reverse issues, correct? Since I race I have no need for reverse and just wondered if I should bother with the updated 28 firmware.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #372
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
Ron, the new firmware is only needed if you were having reverse issues, correct? Since I race I have no need for reverse and just wondered if I should bother with the updated 28 firmware.
Yeti - I don't believe so

BUT I would suggest you download and update to eliminate any possiblity.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #373
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
Yeti - I don't believe so

BUT I would suggest you download and update to eliminate any possiblity.
Already downloaded, just did not install it yet. I will take care of it before I race next.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:48 PM   #374
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

i had my esc set on 6.0 volts for my 7.4 volt lipo pack for low voltage cut-off and was also having problems with my esc cutting off under a load also. this was on an almost fully charged pack. i ended up putting it on nimh to get rid of the problem with the quick programing card at the track. what is a safe voltage i can set my esc to to rid of the cutt-off issues?

also since day one of having my brushless set-up i've had wierd issues when i first start it up. sometimes i will have to turn on the car, i have steering and what not, and there is no accelaration. and if i turn my radio back off, sometimes once or twice, after a few seconds the motor starts to accelerate. what gives?

other than these small, but fixable bugs i'm sure, i love the system and am very pleased with it and its capabilities. any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
Cody
cleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 02:07 AM   #375
Tech Rookie

Cody have you updated to the firware to 010128N? It is supposed to cure the cut-out issues.

Jack