Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Xcelorin Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cassp0nk
Sorry that was a typo, its 1.28 and yes to all the above so my unit is definitely DOA.
You could go back to Version 25? What radio are you using?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cassp0nk
Sorry that was a typo, its 1.28 and yes to all the above so my unit is definitely DOA.
I would not say it is DOA, it just has no reverse. If you race you are not supposed to be using that anyhow.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm using a spectrum dx3r. Not keen on going back a firmware version if people are using 0.28 successfully and getting correct functionality as that would just cover up an issue in my unit until it falls out of warranty. This is my question though, is anyone getting reverse with .28 or do we have a buggy firmware release?
Old 01-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Honestly most that buy this speedo never use reverse since most race with it and reverse is not allow during racing. I could not tell you if reverse works on mine at all since I have never used it. If you feel you have an issue with it contact Horizon and get it taken care of. RocketRon does work for Horizon and that is why he has been trying to help you. So cut the guy some slack and let him try to help you out.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,
I am having the same issue as Cassp0nk.
Could someone please just try and put their controller into a reverse mode, with 128 firmware, and see if reverse works right for them. Please?
I have tried every combination of trying to get it into reverse, and it's just not working.
When I originally had 125 it would reverse fine. Then I updated to V2.0 software and 128 firmware. Since then I have been getting very very intermittent reverse. 19 times out of 20 it won't reverse, then all of a sudden one pull will put it into maximum reverse. Release, wait, pull reverse again and nothing.

Yellow and Blue LED is on. Red LED is on when stick is pulled to maximum reverse/brake.

I emailed Losi tech support last Tuesday and have yet to have a reply.

I, like Cassp0nk would like a fellow Xcelorin owner to try and put their controller into reverse and see what happens. Just to find out if it is a set-up, controller or firmware issue.

Thanks very much, in advance.

Jack
Old 01-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Honestly most that buy this speedo never use reverse since most race with it and reverse is not allow during racing. I could not tell you if reverse works on mine at all since I have never used it. If you feel you have an issue with it contact Horizon and get it taken care of. RocketRon does work for Horizon and that is why he has been trying to help you. So cut the guy some slack and let him try to help you out.
I know he does and wasn't aware thar I wasn't cutting him slack? Saying a unit is DOA is hardly perjurative.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

This problem is currently being reviewed and hope to understand the WHY on Wednesday. I will update you when more is known

A temporary solution would be to return to Version 25 and the Old Setup program until the problem is corrected
Old 01-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok thanks Ron. So possibly not a hardware problem and I shuold hold fire on returning it?
Old 01-21-2009, 02:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Ron.

That would make sense why it worked fine when I got it, then once I updated the Setup program it would not work consistently even if I dropped back to 25.

I'll just run 28 with no reverse for now.

thanks, and please keep us updated

Jack
Old 01-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JackWood
Hi,
I am having the same issue as Cassp0nk.
Could someone please just try and put their controller into a reverse mode, with 128 firmware, and see if reverse works right for them. Please?

Jack
My reverse works with the 28 update. I’m using a Futaba 2.4 system.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Squating Goat
My reverse works with the 28 update. I’m using a Futaba 2.4 system.
Thank you Mr. Goat

Can I ask, did you download the firmware off the Losi Downloads site and then update it with the V2.0 operating system?

Or did it come with 28 update of have the update done by a Losi tech?

Thanks for the feedback.

Jack
Old 01-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JackWood
Thank you Mr. Goat

Can I ask, did you download the firmware off the Losi Downloads site and then update it with the V2.0 operating system?

Or did it come with 28 update of have the update done by a Losi tech?

Thanks for the feedback.

Jack
I just received my ESC two weeks ago but it didn't appear to have the 28 firmware.

Last night I downloaded both files from the Losi site then uninstalled the old software, installed the new, and then updated the ESC using the V2.0 operating system with the *28.LSC file. Afterwords I only tested the ESC once but the reverse did work.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Squating Goat
I just received my ESC two weeks ago but it didn't appear to have the 28 firmware.

Last night I downloaded both files from the Losi site then uninstalled the old software, installed the new, and then updated the ESC using the V2.0 operating system with the *28.LSC file. Afterwords I only tested the ESC once but the reverse did work.
Thank you very much again for that information. That is exactly what I wanted to know.

I think I might try a fresh install again, from scratch and see if that clears this glitch.

Many thanks.

Jack
Old 01-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Talked to Glen at horizon UK and he has recreated our problem when downloading the update software from the losi web site. However with the copy of the software and bios they are using internally when updating and testing it works fine. This seemed to indicate a difference or corruption in the software perhaps?

Odd that the online version is working for some though. Very odd.

I have downloaded software + bios .28 a couple of times to test and never had any joy.

Still, Ron + Losi are definitely on it so I am confident it will be resolved soon. Thanks guys.

p.s. wonder if its something crazy like it doesn't work right if you didn't have the old PC software on before installing the new one? My install was latest software onto a clean laptop.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Any news?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.