R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-03-2009, 03:00 AM   #316
Tech Rookie

What sort of setting are you runing on your 13.5 and how do you feel it improves the std setup?
Ben + Geoff Wal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:49 AM   #317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use HIGH to VERY HIGH timing and MEDto HIGH initial acceleration. and 2 for nuetral dead band.

Dont forget that none of these BL motors seem to share an identical sweet spot for gearing, i see a range of ratios being used at my club track accross a variety of brands of motors. Im running about a 160-180F temp coming off a qualifier. I used smc 4000 lipo with it.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:38 AM   #318
Tech Rookie

just tryed to up grade my esc to latest soft wear and now the computer does not see the esc and all i get is a yellow led on the esc and it does not work at all! is there any way back!!!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #319
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben + Geoff Wal View Post
just tryed to up grade my esc to latest soft wear and now the computer does not see the esc and all i get is a yellow led on the esc and it does not work at all! is there any way back!!!!!
when you did the upgrade where did you get the firmware from? CD maybe?

Did you download and follow the new instructions - use the NEW setup program.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #320
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
when you did the upgrade where did you get the firmware from? CD maybe?

Did you download and follow the new instructions - use the NEW setup program.
Yes and Yes, some thing has gone wrong here only a yellow led no matter what i try
Old 01-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #321
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben + Geoff Wal View Post
Yes and Yes, some thing has gone wrong here only a yellow led no matter what i try
Sorry to say the firmware on the CD is now OLD (level 23) the new levels are available online. If your getting only the yellow LED your ESC will no longer function. Version 23 is not compatible with the newer hardware, i think your in the UK right? If so contact Horizon UK. Sorry
Old 01-05-2009, 05:10 AM   #322
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If Losi is mixin old CDs with new hardware im very sure they will take care of you. I find it odd that they would make that mistake....

One thing worth trying is to flash with the new firmware and software that is on losi site, it came out as of december.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:23 PM   #323
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Anyone here had cogging issues with Xcelorin bl motors? I got a new 10.5 turn motor yesterday as I like to match the Blue to my car. The motor sometimes doesn't run from standing starts, but when I push/tap the car abit it starts running again. I been running a Banzai SP 10.5 motor with the same esc and it faultless, so it definitely a motor problem.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 PM   #324
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to metalracer2

i have two 17.5 and a 13.5 and haven't have a problem with any of them
AE B4.1W AE T4.1
metalracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:11 AM   #325
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjoy25 View Post
Anyone here had cogging issues with Xcelorin bl motors? I got a new 10.5 turn motor yesterday as I like to match the Blue to my car. The motor sometimes doesn't run from standing starts, but when I push/tap the car abit it starts running again. I been running a Banzai SP 10.5 motor with the same esc and it faultless, so it definitely a motor problem.
What ESC are you using? Initally it sounds like you have a bad or disconnected sensor wire to the motor. Most Sensored ESC's will power a motor w/o the sensor wire, but not correctly. Severe cogging will be seen, as well as the push start issue you're referring to. If you are using a sensorless ESC, I don't know what to tell you.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:00 AM   #326
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Im currently running a Quark SSB-mk3 ESC which handles all types of motors (sensored, sensorless & brushed). I've been running a Banzai speed passion 10.5 turn and LRP 4 turn brushless motor with no cogging issues with the same setup so its definitely not the ESC as I've swap the motors a few times to iron out the problem and the cogging issues only happens with the Losi motor . I might get a friend to try it on his LRP sphere TC tomorrow just to see if it still has the same issue before I return it for replacement.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #327
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjoy25 View Post
Im currently running a Quark SSB-mk3 ESC which handles all types of motors (sensored, sensorless & brushed). I've been running a Banzai speed passion 10.5 turn and LRP 4 turn brushless motor with no cogging issues with the same setup so its definitely not the ESC as I've swap the motors a few times to iron out the problem and the cogging issues only happens with the Losi motor . I might get a friend to try it on his LRP sphere TC tomorrow just to see if it still has the same issue before I return it for replacement.
The Losi motor should work fine with the ESC's you mention unfortunately
there must be a problem with the motor. I reccomend you send it back to horizon soon for a replacement or possibly your dealer will exchange it????
Old 01-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #328
Tech Adept

Sorry, just to butt in, but people are saying that you have to fully un-install AVG for the installation to work. You can just exit it in the bottom right hand corner, Ctrl+Alt+Delete (to bring up the task manager) then click on processes, anything that starts with "avg" click it and click end process (avgtray.exe) etc, this is because AVG continues to monitor your computer in the background even when you exit it, getting in the way of the installation.

It might have already been mentioned but yeah just to save anyone time if they are installing it rather than un-installing everything.
Limerick91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #329
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

I just did a quick uninstall, and then installed new version. I did NOT disable or turn-off my Anti-Virus program, and everything worked just fine. This was on Windows XP.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #330
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn7671 View Post
I just did a quick uninstall, and then installed new version. I did NOT disable or turn-off my Anti-Virus program, and everything worked just fine. This was on Windows XP.
Oh right, what AV was it, apparently it's only AVG that causes problems.
Limerick91 is offline   Reply With Quote