R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #16
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
what wheels and tires are on that tech car?
Maybe F103 ones, i am not sure, my last 1 is F102.
I have this idea just because Cross CF01 does the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL_AudiRacer View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. hows the parts support for the Tech 108though will anyone in the U.S. carry this line. Its a real nice car but need parts support.
Whats the deal with the Tamiya F103 GT ?? is it the same Chasis as the F103 ? can an F1 body be mounted i have found these kits new
If you want to see if TECH has distributor in US?
Did you see before if MY07 was selling in anywhere or any ta05 mini conversion kit, if not, could be troublesome for you.
Don't you think for latest F103RM, could be?

Then how about the latest aerodynamic F1 bodies from Japan?
Attached Thumbnails
Formula 1 Electric who makes em ??-fsl025k-01.jpg   Formula 1 Electric who makes em ??-zf02-l400.jpg  
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:02 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Maybe F103 ones, i am not sure, my last 1 is F102.
I have this idea just because Cross CF01 does the same.

If you want to see if TECH has distributor in US?
Did you see before if MY07 was selling in anywhere or any ta05 mini conversion kit, if not, could be troublesome for you.
Don't you think for latest F103RM, could be?

Then how about the latest aerodynamic F1 bodies from Japan?
F1-08 body shell was pre-ordser , next lot release we will onsale !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is someone now trying to get the Cross distributorship in the US. Yes the MLP's are coming back with two new F1 cars. Both of them D-drives. I have seen both of the new Alpha F1's at our series event and they are sweet! A 6-cell and a 4-cell car and they are of different designs for each. They should be on the market by this Fall the owner said.The Hyperdrives are great but I think they need a minimum order to produce them. Corally of course. Parts are sill available for the F103's through the F103GT and the Cross car. I'm going to check on the Tech TF108 asap. The Duratrax is highly under rated. If you get the Ball diff and put foams on it the thing turns into a missle. I am currently leading the 4-cell F1 class here in our series with my Duratrax. 6-cell? Well, I could do a little better with the F103 but I'm going back to the MLP 4wd for the rest of the series. The RCIndycars are superfast also. The RCIndycar Spitfire is worth every penny and is ultra smooth in the curves. If you want to race on a budget the try a new or old Pancar. We allow them to compete with the F1s with just an Indycar body on them. The true F1 bodies will not fit unless you butcher them. It works for us and they are just as fast as the F1's.
I hope this helps.
mxrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:12 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL_AudiRacer View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. hows the parts support for the Tech 108though will anyone in the U.S. carry this line. Its a real nice car but need parts support.

Whats the deal with the Tamiya F103 GT ?? is it the same Chasis as the F103 ? can an F1 body be mounted i have found these kits new
Well I could not find anything about the Tech 108. Could it be the Chevron setup? Or, if it is a new car do you have a link for it? Yes, the F103 GT can use the F1 wings and bodies. The foam tires are still available from tower.There are still rumors going around about a new 2wd Tamiya F1 with different suspension but I have not heard anything lately. Keep in touch. People are always sending me stuff about F1's.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #20
Tech Elite

good luck finding one of those indy car bodies for a pancar. i bought the last one associated had, and i aint parting with it.. bout once a year i email vansinvent, but they don't write back, so bodies for pancars are few and far between...

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #21
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

F1 cars are cool looking!

403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:16 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

RC Market do you have bodies that will fit on the F201 series?
Old 05-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2

That Cross car is incredible....

I have an HPI Super F1... and I love it
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #24
Tech Champion

If you get a Cross make sure you get the right one. They have a few different versions. One is a fiberglass version that is modified to take the Nikko F1 bodies...you really don't want that one. The extended chassis flexes like a noodle.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:27 AM   #25
Tech Adept

I have been pushing my local club to start a F1 / Indy class.

Schumacher used to bring the Cross over but they did not stick with it .long enough to get it going The Tech looks great. Corally is local to me and I am waiting to get my 1/10 and 1/12 ones.
McAllister Racing///Lauterbacher
Real racers dont wear boxers.
RURC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
good luck finding one of those indy car bodies for a pancar. i bought the last one associated had, and i aint parting with it.. bout once a year i email vansinvent, but they don't write back, so bodies for pancars are few and far between...
TALLYRC! What's up! I hope things are going well in Florida for you. I forgot, Mcallister racing has the Indy body's in stock and sells quite a few from what I've heard. Checkout the site. I think they have two versions but I'm not sure. Vansinvent has seemed to drop off the map for some reason. I hope not since they do have some very sharp bodies for different kinds of racing. Alphacat told me it's best to call in the evening to catch this guy.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
If you get a Cross make sure you get the right one. They have a few different versions. One is a fiberglass version that is modified to take the Nikko F1 bodies...you really don't want that one. The extended chassis flexes like a noodle.
Drop alphacat a line. He has a friend that is trying to become the distributor for the Cross cars. The new ones are way better (more simple) than the old ones. Also, the NIKKO body is $50 if you can find them. But they do look nice. By the way, I sent two of my NIKKO's to alphacat. He has put pancar rear pods on them and I think they are ready to test. This should be fun. I hope he gets the fire put out before the track burns.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #28
Tech Elite

i forgot about mcalister... he does indeed have some cart bodies for pan cars.. i need to get up with gary mcalister anyhow as i need a lola body he says he will pull on demand for a pro10 car (235mm)..

all is well her in fla. not much pancar racing happening yet, but i get to run my pro10 by myself on a nice track regularly.. that vansinvent guy is a bit of an enigma. if he wants out, i'd be interested in a few of those old molds... i have looked up his domain listing, and it has his number, but i've not called...

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #29
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrich View Post
Drop alphacat a line. He has a friend that is trying to become the distributor for the Cross cars. The new ones are way better (more simple) than the old ones. Also, the NIKKO body is $50 if you can find them. But they do look nice. By the way, I sent two of my NIKKO's to alphacat. He has put pancar rear pods on them and I think they are ready to test. This should be fun. I hope he gets the fire put out before the track burns.
Oh I agree the Nikko is a nice F1...I actually raced one against F201's and was leading until the tires came off...I forgot to glue them

Anyway I have one of the Cross cars made for the Nikko body. I would much rather have one of the ones made for the F103 bodies. The problem with the Nikko bodied Cross F1 is the only things they changed were to switch to a longer fiberglass chassis and body mounts to fit the Nikko body. Where this becomes a problem is in the chassis bracing. On the Cross car built for the F103 body the upper deck connets to the servo mount to provide enough bracing to stiffen up the fiberglass chassis. However on the version for the Nikko body they lengthened the chassis but not the upper deck. Without the extra bracing the fiberglass flexes like crazy. If they've changed that since I got mine that would be a great improvement.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:17 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Kinda strange really. Here is a toy car that can actually get's around the track at a pretty good clip even with it's faults. I epoxied the kingpins to the knuckles on mine which got rid of the steering slop. Tamiya bearings will fit the front. But, that weird rear diff. With it's odd size bushings there is no way to put bearings in it. We greased one up and went to the Georgia state and dang if it didn't get 3rd. The guy that drove it thought he was just going to be in everyones way but the car was actually very easy to drive even with the added wheelbase. Who could have known. I can't wait for Andy to bring mine back for this years F1 Builders Cup. He is supposed to have two drivers for them he is bringing. Fine with me. Let's race!
Tally, get those molds! Marty at MLP is getting his health back and is pressing out bodies now for the Viper F1. Those would be perfect for the short wheelbase car that is coming. Which would fit every other F1 car on the planet.