R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-28-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Nice looking hard cased lipo

Just got this e-mail of a nice looking hard cased lipo. I just wanted to share the photo. I have pricing, but I won't be selling or posting them as I was to see how much vendors will add on this one.

Edit: Forgot to add that they come in 3600, 3800, 4000 and 5000mAh all 2S.
Attached Thumbnails
Nice looking hard cased lipo-hard-cased-lipo.jpg  
lutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #2
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lutach View Post
Just got this e-mail of a nice looking hard cased lipo. I just wanted to share the photo. I have pricing, but I won't be selling or posting them as I was to see how much vendors will add on this one.

who is that made by?? hobbywing??
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:24 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
who is that made by?? hobbywing??
No. Speed Passion is , so is Venom and Orion, but lets not get into that because you already know that HW make them. So do you know anyone selling those packs yet?

Edit: Ask Schumacher why they didn't go straight to the source, but instead went to a distributor?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
No. Speed Passion is , so is Venom and Orion, but lets not get into that because you already know that HW make them. So do you know anyone selling those packs yet?

Edit: Ask Schumacher why they didn't go straight to the source, but instead went to a distributor?
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

speedpassion has lipos, sweet. thier motors rock.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 08:08 PM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

CSRC uses an internal balancing plug like that on their hard case LiPo. In my opinion, that is a giant design flaw. There have been reports of someone setting their battery on the table (connector down) and having it short out across the pins on that connector because a screw got in there, destroying the pack. With as many little things as we work with in our pits, it seems like something that could happen far too easily to permit a design like this.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
CSRC uses an internal balancing plug like that on their hard case LiPo. In my opinion, that is a giant design flaw. There have been reports of someone setting their battery on the table (connector down) and having it short out across the pins on that connector because a screw got in there, destroying the pack. With as many little things as we work with in our pits, it seems like something that could happen far too easily to permit a design like this.
I just like the way they look. It would be nice if they came with a plug to go over the balancing port to close it when not being used.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
speedpassion has lipos, sweet. thier motors rock.
All I know is that they will have that wireless thingy for you guys that likes SP. I hope those work.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:22 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:

Hmmm...looks like custom radiused weight may be required. That case will also bring new challenges to trap the LiPo into chassis with the old style battery blocks. Looks like our baseplate and chassis inserts will work though.

Any performance specs on these yet?

Quote:
All I know is that they will have that wireless thingy for you guys that likes SP. I hope those work.
That is actually not wireless, it plugs into the ESC plug. Why would you need to "program" a battery anyway...unless your going to charge it wireless.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:21 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Hmmm...looks like custom radiused weight may be required. That case will also bring new challenges to trap the LiPo into chassis with the old style battery blocks. Looks like our baseplate and chassis inserts will work though.

Any performance specs on these yet?

That is actually not wireless, it plugs into the ESC plug. Why would you need to "program" a battery anyway...unless your going to charge it wireless.
They claim 20C, but I can't back that up as I don't have one. I might not get one. I just thought they looked good. Wireless Power . I guess racetrack should start putting the RCs in cages in a controlled environment to flow all those AMPs through the air . Have turn marshals wear custom anti cancer clothing. At the end of the race, all the cars and turn marshals would go to a special radiation chamber to make sure everything is nice and clean for human contact. It should be fun .
Old 04-29-2008, 08:18 AM   #11
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to oXYnary Send a message via Yahoo to oXYnary

iMac of lipos
Old 04-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 151 (100%+)

Quote:
Wireless Power . I guess racetrack should start putting the RCs in cages in a controlled environment to flow all those AMPs through the air . Have turn marshals wear custom anti cancer clothing. At the end of the race, all the cars and turn marshals would go to a special radiation chamber to make sure everything is nice and clean for human contact. It should be fun .
It amazes me that so many people talk about wireless power like they believe it. I though it was just a joke. Like the IB Infineon thing.
ta_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
It amazes me that so many people talk about wireless power like they believe it. I though it was just a joke. Like the IB Infineon thing.
I hope people don't fall for that. I think Speed Passion was just looking for attention. I hope they can prove me wrong though.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I did that with the CSRC pack. I unplugged my bullet connector and let it go. It fell across the balance plug and poof! I didn't even run the pack once. So they need to provide a rubber or plastic cover for the balance plug.