Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Wink

everyone is waiting on the NEW jaco's [cept me!]
I have some sorex 28 & 32's on order from "magma RC' in Canada
takeoffs are history
Not sure what John [Johns BSR's] is doing, but his products are really good, I know he has 'radials' not sure of 'reg' rubbers

Speedy
ROAR member #5-120259
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
Sweep Racing Tires
speedybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah... the first time I really ran rubber tires seriously was last year for paved nats hahaha. We had the awesome tires then too so it was easy. I'm gonna try a few different setups... Looks like the spec tire for Paved nats this year is the Much More/Sweep 36's so I might try and get a hold of some of those and see how they are as well. Those should be available in the US very soon.

-Korey
Old 04-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Yeah... the first time I really ran rubber tires seriously was last year for paved nats hahaha. We had the awesome tires then too so it was easy. I'm gonna try a few different setups... Looks like the spec tire for Paved nats this year is the Much More/Sweep 36's so I might try and get a hold of some of those and see how they are as well. Those should be available in the US very soon.

-Korey
Be interesting to see how the tires perform. I tried the Sweep 32 (think that's the right number) not the 36s and they were just ok. The older Much More 32s were very good but wore very fast. The new Sweep tires are replacing the older Much More tires since they are having the same problem with chemical compounds as RP. I tested Powers Japan 35s, Sweep 32, Sorex 36 and RP30s and RP36s on the same day and the RP30s were far better than anything else with Sorex 36 being a close second. RP30s were about .3 to .5 second a lap faster than Powers, Sweep and that was on good used ones (left over from Reedy Race, etc.). New, old compound RP30s would be even faster. Testing was done at BCR on a medium traction, medium temp day with medium technical layout. All tires were used with tire warmers at 52C for about 20 min and sauced differently depending on which tire. Of course there wasn't much time to experiment with different saucing techniques for each tire, but I had some experience with the tires previous so just went with the better results I had for each tire up to that time. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by edseb View Post
Tires are a big deal for everyone, so you aren't alone. Sorex 36s seem to be the best alternative option but don't always work best in every situation. I notice you usually race in Southern California so I'll give you my suggestions for tires that work in your/my area. Original RP30s , not the current new formula, are the hot ticket at BCR, but like you many racers are struggling to find something close to or equal in performance. RP36s feel good, but aren't as fast according to lap times, Sorex 36s work good in some situations depending on heat, traction, etc.
Thanks for the recommendation. Jeff from Speedtech brought RP30s to sell to people at the last La Mirada race i went to and needless to say, they were worn to the point where i didnt want to use them anymore after my 2 quals and main. I sold them to a friend for $10 and they worked great for him though lol. Anyways, seems to me that RP36's are my favorite...but then again i havnt used sorex's since i use to race at SoCal consistently (which was forever ago).

A shumacher rep PM'd me after seeing this thread and told me they had over 700 sets of RP36's, 400 sets of CS27's, and 100 sets of CS32's in their warehouse...

they also said they were never out of stock on RP36's, only 30's and 27's which 27's are back in stock (all premounts).

How are your guys's experiences with CS32's?
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:26 AM   #20
Tech Apprentice

i use take off 27's for club racing that i bought from a major event as they were left over tyres that no one wanted and also they are the standard control tyre for major events where i race. have you tried your local hobby shop? also different tyre compounds are suited to all different tracks your not going to find a tyre that is going to suit 20 tracks. see what other drivers at your local track use they might be able to tell you where they get their tyres from. you might not be able to find pre-mount tyres so you might have to buy rims and glue them on.
FX Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:03 AM   #21
Tech Initiate

i am using sorex 32r with hara super thin purple insert (soft) on low rib rims, the car push on and off throttle like no tomorrow
Molala3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syber Serulean View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. Jeff from Speedtech brought RP30s to sell to people at the last La Mirada race i went to and needless to say, they were worn to the point where i didnt want to use them anymore after my 2 quals and main. I sold them to a friend for $10 and they worked great for him though lol. Anyways, seems to me that RP36's are my favorite...but then again i havnt used sorex's since i use to race at SoCal consistently (which was forever ago).

A shumacher rep PM'd me after seeing this thread and told me they had over 700 sets of RP36's, 400 sets of CS27's, and 100 sets of CS32's in their warehouse...

they also said they were never out of stock on RP36's, only 30's and 27's which 27's are back in stock (all premounts).

How are your guys's experiences with CS32's?
Chances are if you just bought the RP30s they would be from the new batch which is a different compound so that would explain why they wore out so fast, although wearing out fast is relative. If you raced La Mirada, the traction there is really bad so there isn't a lot you can do, some guys however have had luck making it slightly better with Sorex 36s but it needs to be fairly hot out. If not Sorex 36s the fast guys usually just use old RP30s leftover. Most who run the older RP30s use Tire Tweak, Green Dip, SXT 2.0 or Buggy Grip and various application and tire warming methods. I've even heard some guys having luck with Death Grip with those tires. If you go with Sorex 36 try Paragon FX11 or Ground Effects. The CS27s weren't bad and they worked ok in some situations, but once again they have been plagued with the same compound issues so make sure they are not the new formula. Have not tried CS32s, but I know guys who had real good luck with CS22s when it was cooler.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

yeah i use paragon ground effects (the black can spearamint smelling one) and reedy tire warmers. My RP36s hook up fine as long as is its hot enough out. Those RP30s i mentioned had tons of grip, just appeared to wear out as fast as Gumballs. *shrugs*

I hope my RP36s can hold out lol
Syber Serulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:31 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to RoachRacing Send a message via AIM to RoachRacing Send a message via Yahoo to RoachRacing

I just got in a bunch of sorex 28's and some 32's if anyone needs tires.
RoachRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

I have 61 full sets of RP36's. Email me at addy listed in signature.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:32 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Can probably post to the US etc.

http://www.microtechracing.com//prod...ON+ROAD+RUBBER

http://demonpowerproducts.co.uk/index.php?cPath=80

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...oryID=99701020

I have also not found any problems in the UK getting any tyres I've been after.

Skiddins
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #27
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

I have a few sets of NIP RP36s if anyone is interested....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...17#post4516417
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ill take a set of NIP RP36 tires if you have any left.
ygapm
Dowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:35 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All the Sorex tires you want, SpeedWorld will have in stock in two days. They have 10 cases coming and they also have Hara inserts in stock. Non pre-mounts that we are talking about.
Glue your own Sorex tires up and be faster than any pre-mount tire on the market.
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:08 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I have been running RP30ís. What should I get as a replacement tire? Mounting is OK with me. What insert is in the RP30?