Community
Wiki Posts
Search

quick 18T but i have questions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default quick 18T but i have questions?

not really a question but more of an estimate how fast is the thing you think...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43869374&hl=en

sorry for the crap video it looked better on vegas lol google compressed it way too much
Old 04-28-2008, 08:17 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

My guess would be 25-30mph. If you think of it as a full size car moving the same distance at the same time it's not going "that fast." But it is moving at a reasonable clip. Probably faster than 25, but I doubt it's as fast as 35...

If you don't have a radar gun measure and mark out 100 feet and run it up and down several times having someone time it...your lesson for the day will be figuring out the formula to convert the time and distance into speed.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Rookie

ok so i turned the endpoints up too 75% and let it rip with my wife hitting the stopwatch for me marked off 100ft and let it rip it went through 100ft in
1.32 sec if my math is correct that puts me at 75.75 feet per second
and feet per sec converted to MPH is 55.59 mph wich is a considerable diff then what you estimated ...im assuming that the 40% epa on my throttle was why ..im gonna turn it up to 100% tonight and try again lol how fast can i expect this thing to run honestly.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

In the vid I would agree with the 30mph range.

Sounds like you have stepped it up quite a bit though!hehe

If your doing 55mph now on 2S lipo I would think it would go over 60mph with 100% epa and maybe a couple of teeth up on the pinion gear? But the tire diameter will limit your overall speed.

Issue will be keeping it on the ground now!

I have seen RC18T's running 3S lipo and Mamba 8kv and they are completely krazy! They were running foam tires and would pull wheelies at 50mph + !!!
Old 04-29-2008, 03:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey cool vid... it looks like its going around 35mph...

i have a rc18t with a 3s with a quark 33a and c4 9200kv motor and ive clocked it at around 50mph...i need to re-gear it

anyways do you have pics of the car? like close up... because i noticed that your using a r18r body on a rc18t....

thanks
Old 04-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Rookie

basically its an 18t factory team kit ....but i grew tired of the truck thing and wanted to race it so i changed out the suspension ....ie; shock towers shocks and the axles ....kept the a-arms and the dog bones and then installed the stock 18r premounted wheels and tires. ...in the video i was running the stock truck body ...but today i painted up a Citroen body and it handles like a dream.
well it pushes in the corners a bit but ill work that out at the track this weekend.

i figuredill call it the wide track 18r for now lol.