The next sedan?

Old 04-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default The next sedan?

I need help finding my next touring car chassis. I have search many posts but have yet to find what I'm looking for. This car will be used exclusively for outdoor asphalt with low to med bite socal unprepared tracks. So rear wheel traction is what I'm looking for. My evo 4 is getting tired and I'm looking for a new car to run 10.5 and mod with and no worries about local part availability.

:confuse
Old 04-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Sirtwitchalot
I need help finding my next touring car chassis. I have search many posts but have yet to find what I'm looking for. This car will be used exclusively for outdoor asphalt with low to med bite socal unprepared tracks. So rear wheel traction is what I'm looking for. My evo 4 is getting tired and I'm looking for a new car to run 10.5 and mod with and no worries about local part availability.

:confuse
Well here in New Zealand the current national championship winning touring car is a TC5 in mod. Very awesome chassis.. Sorry to say this but the TC5 is carving up the Tamiya's over here. Though i'm still a tamiya man and the tamiya 416 goes quite well too.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC_STUMPY
Well here in New Zealand the current national championship winning touring car is a TC5 in mod. Very awesome chassis.. Sorry to say this but the TC5 is carving up the Tamiya's over here. Though i'm still a tamiya man and the tamiya 416 goes quite well too.
No, i have to protest, why all 416 has been sold out, this is so uncool!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

I would go with a 415, or 416 Any car with stiffer chassis will probably not help you in lower grip conditions is also something to think about.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

mi3 Good setups for outdoor asphalt. Awesome parts availability. Good car all around.

Just my .02 cents.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redlion
mi3 Good setups for outdoor asphalt. Awesome parts availability. Good car all around.

Just my .02 cents.
I second that
Old 04-29-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I 3rd it!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Have you thought about going down to Associateds showroom and asking them to buy some of there vintage RC10 L pan cars and converting them to 4 wheel drive. I heard Cliff Let has a garage full of that old stuff. If you get desperate I can make a phone call over to Kent Clausen and see if he wouldn't mind helping you out. Or to solve your dilema without the hassle why don't you go buy a TC5 look how fast that guy at OC circuit went in the PRO A main on sunday with a TC5. He took second place and was running behind a sponsered driver. Not only that but this guy is not sponsered he was running a brushed motor against brushless guys and it was his second sedan race EVER !!!!!!!! So with that being said if this guy can do it with a TC5 why can't you. I heard that odds in vegas that this kids gonna place in the A main at Reedy this year without being sponsered.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Oh no Brandon running Sedan. Making the A at Reedy?

You coming up for the Reedy or the warmup race?Should be fun.Track is huge.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Top Racing's Scythe is one to take a look at... Besides being an excellent engineered sedan it can use parts from different companies....

http://www.topracingusa.com/