Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Default front hub/carriers(caster blocks)

Can anyone tell me if the tao3 ones fits(i don,t believe they will),and where i might be able to get them in alloy ?
Old 02-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TA04 will fit but depending what you change (the block, or spindle) it might alter your caster. If you are looking for aluminium parts, try Integy. They make them. They have a website. I'm trying to get the spindles for my 414.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
Thanks Peter. Hmmm you'll be attending school near the end of June? What are they doin to kids these dayz!! I remember when I'd get off school at the beginning of June... and didn't go back til like end of August or beginning of September. Something like that. Anyhow, good luck on the races.
yeah we are practically in school all year now... we do get alot of week long breaks during the year now, but somehow...races never seem to be schedualed during these breaks

but if the outdoor national is in june then i will come, because i will be out of school by then.

peter
Old 02-23-2003, 07:37 AM
Tech Regular

Mike F. Remember the torqe rod thing at the awards cerimony?Well I took the rods off allong with the sway bar thing and put the rods back on (like box stock).And they still push the C hub forward.Allso noticed that the kia chssis conversion one does this and it don't have the rods on it.Wonder if this is normal?
Old 02-23-2003, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by peter_robinson

p.s. if you need a picture of what i have described above, let me know and i can post one real quick.

I would like a pic.If you could post it or send it to [email protected] or [email protected] I would appreciate.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I raced my 414 on carpet Saturday. TQ'd but had bad luck in the Amain. Why I pulled over so a turnmarshall could fix my body... I don't know. He ended up holding my car there for 56 seconds just trying to put on a new body pin he had!! Oh well, that put me under 4 laps from the winner. Oh well, that's what happens when you get hacked! But the kid ended up breaking out of the race. Car ran okay. But I think I lacked acceration like some of the TC3's and XXX-S's. Gotta play with the gearing alittle more. Next time I head up there to race... I'll try out other gear ratios. Now I have to setup the car back up for Asphalt!
Old 02-25-2003, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by littledog
I would like a pic.If you could post it or send it to [email protected] or [email protected] I would appreciate.
Send a picture of the spool and if you could do it step by step
Old 02-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rowdyrj
Send a picture of the spool and if you could do it step by step

I do not need a step by step.I just want to see how clean yours came out.I really don't like the way mine came out.

BTW I had to take the torqe rods off that I modified to fit allong whith the WC sway bar set.They were acually pushing the c hubs forward when the suspention was compressed slightly.I'll have to figure out something else.

Last edited by littledog; 02-25-2003 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:08 AM
Tech Regular

Which is better? A spool or one-way?
Old 02-27-2003, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

spools and one-ways do different things. the spool (in my opinion) is better for racing, becuase when running a spool you will retain your front brakes. this can make racing closer, and less of a chance for someone saying that they took you out because they had no brakes.

the spool makes your car rotate, and give your car very good steering when you are exiting a corner, on power (while still maintaining your front brakes)

the one-way will give you excellent corner speed in sweepers and long fast tracks, where a diff or a spool would scrub speed, because in the diff or spool the outside wheel is not allowed to rotate faster than the inside wheel (like a one-way does)

peter
Old 02-27-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default My 04R

Get to now my new car
Attached Thumbnails TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X-04r1.jpg  
Old 02-27-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Peter
Our clubs track is concrete, Sorex 36r with firm inserts is our choice here, been using One ways on my 414m2 for quite some time now, Track layout is half sweeping half technical.
I'll try it this weekend and see if spool is better for me, tnx.
Old 02-28-2003, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

wilfred-

you may like the spool better because a one-way does not really do much good in the technical section of your track. the spool will not either, but it will be more control able because you will still have your brakes

peter
Old 02-28-2003, 09:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by littledog
Mike F. Remember the torqe rod thing at the awards cerimony?Well I took the rods off allong with the sway bar thing and put the rods back on (like box stock).And they still push the C hub forward.Allso noticed that the kia chssis conversion one does this and it don't have the rods on it.Wonder if this is normal?
Check your Xray and see if it does it on that one as well. If it doesn't, what's different on that kit then the 414M2
Old 02-28-2003, 10:21 AM
Regional Moderator

I have some questions on the below mentioned

Originally posted by peter_robinson
[B]
1. obtain some aluminum oxide sandpaper(a medium grit will work)

2. use a spare or used diff ring and trace the shape onto the back of the sandpaper. do this a total of 4 times.

3. cut out the new sand paper diff rings.
this is clear

4. double up the pieces of sand paper and glue them together (this will achieve the correct thinkness of a metal diff ring)
did you use crazy glue, epoxy, shoo goo? Also, did you glue them same side together or opposite side together, in other words when gluing them together do the ruff sides show on each side?

5. glue the new doubled up paper diff rings to the black ring holder of the outdrive.
again, what type of glue did you use?

6. wait for the glue to dry, and then just re-assemble the diff together leaving out the diff balls, then tighten the diff nut down all of the way and this will allow the sand paper to bite very hard onto the gear.
I'm clear on this

i got this idea from the spool pads that come with the new team losi graphite plus xxx-s kit
will the xxx-s pads work on the Tamiya black rings?

p.s. if you need a picture of what i have described above, let me know and i can post one real quick.
can you post some pictures peter

Last edited by Mike F; 02-28-2003 at 10:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.