R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-28-2003, 06:13 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

Quote:
Originally posted by versa
hey one question.. i've been looking around and i noticed that some places sell their inserts/rims/rubbers by pair and some sell it by a set - 4 pcs..and some just dont mention the price is for pair or set

i looked at speedtechrc and they didnt mention whether its a pair or a set..

so how would i know how many im buying? geez how do they do business
I think you need to look again at Speedtech's site, most descriptions mention they are in pairs or a set of four, and you can normaly tell from the price anyway. A good pair of tyres will be around $13 and a set of course will be close to double that, with premounted tyres normaly coming in a set of four and costing over $30.

When racing on tarmac I always use Take Off's CS range, they give good grip through out their life, and last well. Occasionaly they have a ribbing problem, I wish they hadn't changed the insirts to the new blue ones, it can also be caused by a bad setup and some wheels are worse than others.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 06:56 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Carpet.

Mainly Schumacher white, belted with gaffa tape, HPI Yellow firm inserts. Sometimes Take Off.

On more dusty tracks, Schumacher Dragon, CS inserts.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:24 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
I think you need to look again at Speedtech's site, most descriptions mention they are in pairs or a set of four, and you can normaly tell from the price anyway. A good pair of tyres will be around $13 and a set of course will be close to double that, with premounted tyres normaly coming in a set of four and costing over $30.

When racing on tarmac I always use Take Off's CS range, they give good grip through out their life, and last well. Occasionaly they have a ribbing problem, I wish they hadn't changed the insirts to the new blue ones, it can also be caused by a bad setup and some wheels are worse than others.
thats the problem, they didnt!

http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/111.html

Quote:
TSCOx Team Sorex Tires 20R,24R,28R,32R,36R,40R
Team Sorex Tires are one of the hottest tires for touring cars. Used by numerous top drivers including world champion Astushi Hara. Choose from various compound in the option menu. 20R(NEW!) = Cold weather/or carpet,24R= Cool weather, 28R= Warm weather, 32R= Hot weather, 36R = Extremely Hot weather. The 36R is also the control tire for 2001's ROAR National.
no mention of pair, single or a set.. im assuming a pair...but you know what they say about assumptions..making an ass out of you an me

so i hope somebody can enlighten me
versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 07:30 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Herminator

those prices will be for a pair.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 07:33 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
those prices will be for a pair.
thank you

i'm fairly new to RC, so experience is something you cant just pick up! so will have to learn from you guys!

im thinking about getting Sorex 36R and HPI Medium-Soft (red) Inserts.. or maybe Yokomo thin medium inserts

thoughts? i heard a few good things, should be a good combo right the sorex & hpi
versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 09:27 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Sorex 36R with HPI blue insert (nitro)
Sorex 36R with HPI green insert (nitro)
Surface type: asphalt

I usually run green insert in the morning and blue insert in the afternoon. Tires wear is very even for I do rotate them after every tank. I am very happy with it. HPI 33R with HPI blue or green insert provides the same grip except I find them wear out faster than Sorex.
Supra66 is offline   Reply With Quote