Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shipping US to UK and long waits???

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Unhappy Shipping US to UK and long waits???

I'm shipping LiPo weights all over the world and have been having several issues with priority mail to the UK. I now have 2 more orders near 3 weeks that are suppose to be 10 days or less, and a month ago had one well over 3 weeks.

This is only to the UK I'm seeing this...anybody know why?? Very irritating to customers and to me when I bust chops to ship within 24 hours, and they have wait and wonder..
Old 04-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Verndog,

I'm sure the delay has to do with customs of the different countries, nothing you can do about that.

One thing that I do when I sell something on here is I take a picture of the shipping receipt after going to the Post Office, then I send it to the buyer through email. It makes them much happier and shows that you've kept your end of the deal up. Something to maybe consider.

Steve
Old 04-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by corallyman
Verndog,

I'm sure the delay has to do with customs of the different countries, nothing you can do about that.

One thing that I do when I sell something on here is I take a picture of the shipping receipt after going to the Post Office, then I send it to the buyer through email. It makes them much happier and shows that you've kept your end of the deal up. Something to maybe consider.

Steve

Thanks for the tip Steve. I just shipped a large order to the Philippines last week and it took less then a week. All hell is breaking loose there in areas from what I heard...couldnt even insure for more then $100.00 and no problem.

Austrailia, South Africa, Canada, Norway ect. no problem.

They get a paypal confirmation but I suppose a picture shaking Newmans hand would be more comforting??
Old 04-24-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Verndog when you are sending parcels to the uk do they have the full value of the product on the outside packaging .The reason i ask is when ive ordered from the states they usually come with the price on the packaging.The $15 parcels have arrived on time yet the more expensive ones get caught up in customs.This is just an idea but you could try sending them as gifts or quoting a low value to the postal service?.Some of the asia shops do this and it works a treat.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
I'm shipping LiPo weights all over the world and have been having several issues with priority mail to the UK. I now have 2 more orders near 3 weeks that are suppose to be 10 days or less, and a month ago had one well over 3 weeks.

This is only to the UK I'm seeing this...anybody know why?? Very irritating to customers and to me when I bust chops to ship within 24 hours, and they have wait and wonder..

exactly why i only shipp international via express... granted it cost alot more but you can avoid alot hassle
Old 04-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

The priority mail international form forces me to put value on the items. I enclose the pack slip so I need them to match in case they open and then get real suspicious of whats up. I think cuz I'm shipping stainless steel machined parts, and lead to add for weight this may bring attention to the packages from the xray scan that picks that up.

I'm thinking if I add a fuse to the outside of the package, possibly they move it through they're area a bit faster.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JasonC
exactly why i only shipp international via express... granted it cost alot more but you can avoid alot hassle
Do you know what the express flat rate envelope runs or if they have one? Seems I looked into that and didn't find even a close option. I ship flat rate priority for around $11.00 actual shipping charge. I'm not selling super high dollar items so high shipping charges will make it impractical to sell overseas.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:52 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I shipped a TON of stuff to the UK over the past few years and never really had a problem. I always marked it as valued. For very small orders and team orders I marked it as a gift but with a value. Also on the customs form I just put RC Car parts and then a general description (ie Battiers, motors, brushes, etc). For yours I would just but Parts. But their customs are bad sometimes for wait time. The only one worse is Canada!!

EA
Old 04-25-2008, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Italy is the worst lol mamamia!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog

I recently sent a package to the UK and it took a little over a week but the status was never updated to show it as delivered which was quite annoying.