New Jaco Rubber Tires

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Jaco Rubber Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

What are some of th more common setup changes needed to run these tires?
Old 07-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

dup
Old 07-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

would I be able to buy just rims sep?
Old 07-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rick Zep
I have a question for the jaco guys I have been racing now for a couple of years on a local carpet track here in Boise ID and am still kind of new to the racing thing but am getting much better our club last year started an outlaw class and the specs are any motor and speedo brushed or brushless but you must run rubber tires and so I bought a set of sorex 24R compound tires and had a lot of handeling issues with the car never could get it to hookup very well then 1 day at the trac 2 race series ago a guy gave me a set of jaco tires to run (the Yellow Compound) and it was like day and night I put the tires on and softened up the back shocks a little and since then have been running in the top 3 in my class I bought the tire from him used and have about 15 races on them at this point and they still hookup the same as the first day I tried them I have since gone brushless in my cars and even with the extra power the car handles great with these tires I swap them between both cars because I only have 1 set. So my question is this I would like to buy a few more sets of this compound tire but have not been able to find them anywhere. Tower Hobbies has a listing for them but they have been backordered for months and it now says late july. I really like the tires and they work very well on our local track which is where I do 90% of my racing. So if there is a place or a way to get a hold of some more could you please let me know

Thank you

Rick
I would try the greens. There is not a lot of difference between the greens and yellows in terms of bite. We do not make yellows anymore because they were nearly impossible to obtain and the demand was not that great to begin with.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
I have a set of jaco blues on the "old" dish wheel, those tires are dailed, i even traction roll with them at SIR. the "new" prism blue takes a different set up as mentioned before, JB and I run Mi3's. without changing my setup I can get the "insert" wear line on the inside of the rear on the first run, on the second run they are howling around the corners and are slow, however JB made adjustments to his chassis for the tires and his tires are wearig perfectly and hes getting more runs out of them.

the reason the guys from SIR did so well, is because they got tires and tested before the race and had setups for the tires. IMO
Are you guys basically having to get the car to roll more or what? May be running these this weekend and haven't been able to get much time with them.
Rod
Old 07-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
We had plenty of greens in stock, however i think the blues did hook up pretty well also. The biggest thing is the car needs to be tuned to grip the track a little more with the prisms compared to the older tires.
The blues hooked up but i was 1sec faster w/ sorex 28's so i'm thinking the greens would have been a better compound. I asked about them somone pointed me to the shop i started walking that way and i think the food distracted me and i never made it back ahaha I needed a set of the rcscrewz stainless for the type r too and i didn't get them. Pissed myself off becuase i have to do maintenance this week and i don't want to re-do the screws .
Old 07-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Rod.. For Charlotte, I did the following. Went up 5 wt oil(To slow car slinging around) and went slightly stiffer on front bar. Also Preped tires with wd-40 let dry and soaked for 10 min. in FX2 . Then wiped and ran. Tires were great,Marvin and a few others did same and had great results also. I feel motor spray dries tires out too much,So try not to use that on these. Just my 2 cents....
Old 07-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John Tag
Rod.. For Charlotte, I did the following. Went up 5 wt oil(To slow car slinging down) and went slightly stiffer on front bar. Also Preped tires with wd-40 let dry and soaked for 10 min. in FX2 . Then wiped and ran. Tires were great,Marvin and a few others did same and had great results also. I feel motor spray dries tires out too much,So try not to use that on these. Just my 2 cents....
What do you think about simple green? I've been using it on the blue's and it seems to keep them nice and supple.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
What do you think about simple green? I've been using it on the blue's and it seems to keep them nice and supple.
Never tried Simple green on touring tires..But Im sure it's OK. Where in Off Road that was used by all.Im sure its a close to as good as WD-40..I just tend to stay away from motor spray on certain tires/items....
Old 07-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Never tried Simple green on touring tires..But Im sure it's OK. Where in Off Road that was used by all.Im sure its a close to as good as WD-40..I just tend to stay away from motor spray on certain tires/items....
Hey Tag thanks for the fast shipping on the tires last week!
Old 07-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Addict

Let start wiht this, If I has come on here and said I was dissappointed with these tires and left it at that would there of been this kind of response? Probably not would of just been past over since I am a small time club and regional racer.

Yes I know that it is a a flame at jaco, But I know that they make great products, I have a shoe box of faoms that ar itching for the carpet season to come around, that is what makes my experience with the Rubberz dissapointing. Those that know me know that I get the most out of my tires. I will run a set of tires for up to 30 runs, and still be on pace. I am just use to a tire that I can get alot of time out of. And it wasn't that there was alot of wear on the tire, they just fell off. They didn't peel or anythink they just didn't work on the second run. And like I said, there were many others that felt the same they just choose not to mention talk about it. IT is hard to be happy with a product when they cost $30 for five minutes. Most of us spent about $130 on tires when at this level it need to be $50 to $75, remember this if Grass Roots Racing.

Jeremy those are my big boy words. Thanks for you input.

Here is my real name.

Anders Hagen
RedRocket
Old 07-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

I don't use motorspray on anything except motors and bearings, hehe dries everything out.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Lord

I keep hearing that motor spray dries out tires... but man, I swear it seems to work better than using WD40 or simple green. The tires feel too greasy on the track when I use those other things to clean it. With motor spray, they feel just right.

Gonna try some blues on carpet next week. What's the word on camber, 2 degrees all around to start?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've been using lighter fluid for long time and it's been great (zippo ones)
Old 07-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I keep hearing that motor spray dries out tires... but man, I swear it seems to work better than using WD40 or simple green. The tires feel too greasy on the track when I use those other things to clean it. With motor spray, they feel just right.

Gonna try some blues on carpet next week. What's the word on camber, 2 degrees all around to start?

Motor spray does clean the tires of better imo. But I use WD40 because it keeps my tires softer longer. I usually put WD40 on my tires in between track visits and I keep them in a tupperware container. They feel almost as good as new the next week.

As for the new Rubberz, I tried a set of greens out last weekend. My lap times were on pace with what I got with my RP30's. I definately had to, and still need to, make some setup changes to take advantage of the Jaco's. I was supprised to see how much bigger they were than my RP30's or CS27's. I had to lower my ride height and make some camber adjustments to get even wear. I'll play with some roll center and shocks spring/oil setting next week to see if I can get a bit more out of them. I have 6 runs on them and I am not upset about my purchase. Some guys at my track are running the blues to get ready for Vegas and they have mixed reviews on those...but...I can say the problems with the wheels has been resolved for sure. The wheels are great (and look great). As long as I can get my setup right I think I'll be staying with the Jaco Greens for a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.