R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamButter View Post
...and as usual..you're wrong.
"...smoke screen, smoke screen, so the truth cannot be seen" - Jim Carey, In Living Color
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:49 PM   #77
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

These sound like a winner and Im interested in getting some. Any idea on approx time frame to be ready to sell? Days? Weeks? Months?
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:50 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPotter View Post
I have talked to a bunch of racers, and they are all using different types of prep... All seem to work with varied success. Give it a little time to work itself out...
Nice...that usually means the tire actually has exellent natural traction and doesnt need too much to get them to work great
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:50 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
These sound like a winner and Im interested in getting some. Any idea on approx time frame to be ready to sell? Days? Weeks? Months?
They should be hitting distributors in 3-6 weeks......maybe even sooner.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:05 PM   #80
Tech Fanatic

I'm really glad the tires worked well for you guys! We have been working hard to develop a tire that is everything for everybody....nearly impossible. We knew the new rim would help, we just needed a tire that was up to the task. We are still testing different tires from different sources at this time. We should have some definate findings very soon. In other words, we may call this tire an Orange and another a Blue when it is all said and done. However, we intend to be thorough and hope what we settle on becomes a series of tires we can rely on for the long term.
As far as availability, we have a large shipment of this compound (with JACO logo) arriving the first of June. Our mounting machine is not complete, so we may have these glued at the factory for now. Eventually, we plan on bringing this all in house as I have stated. I hope throughout this process that those who have been skeptical or have questioned our ethics will take away from this an added confidence about our company. We didn't release the previous tires to pad our pockets with shoddy wheels and soft rubber. We did the best we could with what we had. We have been proactive in trying to improve our tires and I feel we are moving in the right direction. I am not looking for props...just the respect that when we say something, we strive to follow through. I don't like hollow promises and I'm sure our customers don't either.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:34 PM   #81
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Marcos, give me a call tomorrow....check your PM

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:03 AM   #82
Regional Moderator

I raced these tires this past weekend at the FSEARA state series race. Loved them. Minimal wear and great traction. What more could a racer ask for? JACO deserves recognition for listening to their customers and improving their product. I didn't see one cracked wheel all weekend, and the track we raced was a very high speed layout, so there were a few exceptionally hard hits. After a state race weekend there are usually sets of tires left everywhere....not this weekend, racers kept these. a testament to their value of the product. Thanks again to Jack, Butter, and Tim Potter for providing, testing, and facilitating the deal that brought us a great product, at a reasonable price, and allowed a phenomenal race!
Mark Mixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:28 AM   #83
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

This is all great news. We, here in the Northeast, are looking forward for the first wave of tires to arrive!!.......... Thanks Jack and all the test Drivers involved with testing.

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Butter,

How are the laptimes compared to a RP30? A Sorex 36R? Curious minds want to know out West...

Art

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:11 AM   #85
Tech Elite

Art,

When I tested the tires the JACO was between .1 and .2 tenths faster than the RP-30 The biggest advantge being the wear. The Jaco tire had better wear characteristics than did the RP-30 by a considerable margin.

I did not test heads up with Sorex but I just came back from a race at Kissimmee (site of 2004 IFMAR Worlds) and there were several people running Sorex's in preparation for the Reedy. It appears that the Sorex and Jaco tires are very comparable in both perfromance and wear.

There were a handful of people that werre not making traction with the Jaco but the problem was later identified as nothing more than when the racers were gluing the tires (these initial sets were un-mounted) they managed to glue the tire to the insert and it caused flat spots on the tires.

We are spoiled down here since we started running handout pre-mounts many people had no experience mounting the tires and had some serious gluing issues!!
Old 05-19-2008, 11:21 AM   #86
Tech Champion

I would be happy to beta test here in Ohio on a 4 year old asphalt parking lot track if needed Just PM me... ha ha...

I wish...

Im really looking forward to getting some of these.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:41 AM   #87
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

THe new Jaco tire is really good! Traction and wear were on par with the old RP-30s. I also tested the old RP30s and the new Jaco; for me the RP30 was slightly faster (.1 on hot lap) and wear was about the same.

Well done Jack

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:47 AM   #88
Tech Elite

Art,

I assumed you were asking about the new Rp-30's which I believe are the ones available. If so, the info I gave you is correct. As for the old RP-30's, I have no access to those so I did not compare the two. Fortuantely P-dub did so you have info on both.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #89
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

So when are these going to be available again? We're hurting for tires here in the Pacific Northwest. Everyone is running Trans Am or 1/12 because we can't get normal race tires!

-Korey
Old 05-19-2008, 11:56 AM   #90
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
So when are these going to be available again? We're hurting for tires here in the Pacific Northwest. Everyone is running Trans Am or 1/12 because we can't get normal race tires!

-Korey
1 page back they said hopefully 3-6 weeks.