R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2008, 08:32 AM   #586
Tech Elite
 
ToysRUsKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cinncinati, OH
Posts: 2,619
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid
Default

anybody know the size of these wheels?
__________________
Dorian Tisdale - Professional RC Driver Wannabe
ToysRUsKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #587
Tech Elite
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 2,983
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

just wondering what u guys are doing to prep the tires for the track when they are fresh outa the package

iv had bad luck with my greens on carpet thev taken me one whole race day 2 scrub in on low grip carpet


i usually just try 2 ger as much of the mold release off of the tires
__________________
The Skid Marks -- 24 Heures Du Jackson 9/22-23/2011
"Go for broke or go home broke"
"If it ant broke your not trying"
Alex "ACE" Kubilus
ACE design works
RaceAce701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #588
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Upper Milwaukee
Posts: 2,731
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

After a while of running these tires i have run into a problem. i have been ripping the tires in the inside and outside upper sidewalls where the foam ends on the tire. i have gone through three sets of these tires and they all rip in the same spot with an occasional rip in the center.

have any of you people run into this problem? i am running jaco blue tires on a med groove carpet track. i have a front oneway and i run grip every run. these tires only rip on the front tires and i do rotate them every run. mostly rip on the left side because we have a right turn high speed sweeper.
is there any fix to this? i bought a set and less than two weeks later three tires are ripped!
thanks.
__________________
Mike Adamec
TEAM HACK-HACK OR BE HACKED
Trackside Hobbies
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:29 PM   #589
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Upper Milwaukee
Posts: 2,731
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by not home View Post
After a while of running these tires i have run into a problem. i have been ripping the tires in the inside and outside upper sidewalls where the foam ends on the tire. i have gone through three sets of these tires and they all rip in the same spot with an occasional rip in the center.

have any of you people run into this problem? i am running jaco blue tires on a med groove carpet track. i have a front oneway and i run grip every run. these tires only rip on the front tires and i do rotate them every run. mostly rip on the left side because we have a right turn high speed sweeper.
is there any fix to this? i bought a set and less than two weeks later three tires are ripped!
thanks.
bump
__________________
Mike Adamec
TEAM HACK-HACK OR BE HACKED
Trackside Hobbies
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #590
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 793
Default

Have you tried running a little more camber on the left front? It sounds like the tires might be rolling over and the edge of the tire is rubbing on the ribs of the wheel. Hopefully our new insert will eliminate this problem.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:06 PM   #591
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Upper Milwaukee
Posts: 2,731
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer View Post
Have you tried running a little more camber on the left front? It sounds like the tires might be rolling over and the edge of the tire is rubbing on the ribs of the wheel. Hopefully our new insert will eliminate this problem.
im -2 deg. all around right now, i dont know how much more to go.
__________________
Mike Adamec
TEAM HACK-HACK OR BE HACKED
Trackside Hobbies
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #592
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,175
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by not home View Post
im -2 deg. all around right now, i dont know how much more to go.
run a shorter camber links
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #593
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Upper Milwaukee
Posts: 2,731
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
run a shorter camber links
i am now on my tc5r the highest and most inner ball stud mount right now. ill try that my next visit at the track.
__________________
Mike Adamec
TEAM HACK-HACK OR BE HACKED
Trackside Hobbies
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:04 AM   #594
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer View Post
Have you tried running a little more camber on the left front? It sounds like the tires might be rolling over and the edge of the tire is rubbing on the ribs of the wheel. Hopefully our new insert will eliminate this problem.
Any idea when this may happen? Before Vegas perhaps?

We get the groove on our front tires as well, but we can get a ridiculous number of runs from them before they tear. And then a new set will be slower. I'm a Jaco Blue believer!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #595
Tech Elite
 
ottoman's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,761
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post

We get the groove on our front tires as well, but we can get a ridiculous number of runs from them before they tear. And then a new set will be slower. I'm a Jaco Blue believer!
I agree... I can run a ton of packs through these tires before one will finally tear... the great thing about them is they dont seem to slow down... on carpet.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:16 AM   #596
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 793
Default

I have to admit, we don't hear many complaints about this on carpet. Are others at your track having similar issues?
The new version blues are shipping this week. There is no way to distinguish them from the current ones as it is a running change. Testing has shown that the wearing through along the edges is greatly reduced by this insert. Also, the belt has been widened to decrease the stretch between the belt and sidewall. This change was implemented months ago.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #597
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,293
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Any idea when this may happen? Before Vegas perhaps?

We get the groove on our front tires as well, but we can get a ridiculous number of runs from them before they tear. And then a new set will be slower. I'm a Jaco Blue believer!
We typically see in between 40 -60 runs on carpet before a tire tears. Usually it is the left front that goes first.

This past week on the asphalt new blues worked very well with little wear, the unsealed asphalt temperature was 116 degrees.
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #598
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,109
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer View Post
I have to admit, we don't hear many complaints about this on carpet. Are others at your track having similar issues?
The new version blues are shipping this week. There is no way to distinguish them from the current ones as it is a running change. Testing has shown that the wearing through along the edges is greatly reduced by this insert. Also, the belt has been widened to decrease the stretch between the belt and sidewall. This change was implemented months ago.
Jack-

We have been seeing the tears since the blues were moved over to the Prism wheels. You can get 40+ runs on a single set but over time the groove appears on the inside of both front and rear tires and over time split on the line and then it is time for a new set. every single tire that I have had failure it was due to a split on the inside groove. Even after all of these runs the insert looks great and does not appear to be broken down at all. It seems to me like the tires wear the same even with the running change. The failure is always a split on the formed groove even as soon as last week it happened to me.

I love the blues they have made carpet racing my favorite kind of racing due to the level of traction they provide and the amount of runs you can get out of a single set of tires.
__________________
Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #599
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Upper Milwaukee
Posts: 2,731
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

that little groove on my fronts appear, even more on my left after 10-15 runs, we have the sweeper at the end of the strait away that has been the same for years so it has a gigantic groove in it which can stress the tire on the outside, which is my left. also we have a high speed carousel at the beginning of the strait which is close to identical to the sweeper. these tires have a ton of grip and my car is planted with them.
i hope my track will get some of these new jaco blues with those inserts. they sound better for my condition.
__________________
Mike Adamec
TEAM HACK-HACK OR BE HACKED
Trackside Hobbies
not home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #600
Tech Master
 
GasGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tween a Rock & a Hard Place in Pa.
Posts: 1,278
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I'd love to get 40 runs out of a set-I'd love to get 20-lol I run outdoors' and am lucky if a set gets 10.Heck the greens get around 8-w/17.5.With 13.5 it's even lower.But I still like them
__________________
F! Metal Militia,VTA NATION--Team SloMoFo
losi 8t,mbx5t,rc8
rc8,Kyosho rb5,SCR
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jaco Green Rubber tires 10 wheels 748eric R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 10-08-2008 06:55 AM
NIP Jaco Rubber Tires - Green A. Rhodes R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 05-04-2008 09:58 AM
Rubber Sedan Tires - Jaco Greens brians11 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-24-2008 09:28 AM
Jaco Rubber Tires TimV Electric On-Road 224 04-19-2008 08:30 PM
JACO Rubber Tires punkracer24 Electric On-Road 2 08-17-2007 08:16 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:02 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net