Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Jaco Rubber Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 03:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Looking forward to trying these in Australia ... If they perform anything like look they are sure to be Awesome
Old 05-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Can't wait to get my hands on these. Best looking rubberz ever.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

now those look sick!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm very happy to see a non-dished wheel that's attractive in rubber. I always mount my own because I hate the dish wheels. Beyond that I think it's an advantage to be able to see if your tires are locking up, slipping etc. With indoor carpet I could see the inside rear wheel locking up with spoked wheels, I could never see that with dished wheels! It helped to tune the car a bit.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

New website looks great and of course all those Prism tires look nice too. Anyone see those Prisms for the Traxxas trucks in the new item section...awesome! Jaco has something for everyone.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

i ran the new so-called jaco blue tires today with Prizm rim and i was wondering why they looked so much like my muchmore tires, I know that the old jaco blue tires have their logo "Jaco" stamped on the side but not these, and jaco uses the color codes for compound rating,not numbers. But these tires that i got today have the # 32 stamped on the side and seem to look just like the muchmore tires. but i could be wrong. anyways thanks to Jaco for supplying some nice looking rims and tires for our state race.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Marcos- I'll do my best to answer your inquistion.. As usual you are leaving out a small detail. The Much More tires you have also say "Sweep" on them, the tires you ran today obviously do not. There are only a handful of tire "factories" if you will, in the world. Thus the makers have their own way of identifying their compounds. Once again I will remind you as in my previous post in the Florida threads that the tires you ran today, the "so called JACO blues" along with everyone else at the race were PRE-PRODUCTON tires that FSEARA is basically testing. Before Jack or JACO invest all the money in the mold they want to make sure the compound is as close to perfect as possible before they have the JACO logo stamped on the side of the tire.

I can assure you that JACO will have their logo stamped on the side of the tires upon the initial production run. Then you can rest peacefully at night knowing that the tires you run are stamped JACO.

Are there any other questions you might have? I'll do my best to answer them using only as much sarcasm as necessary to match yours.

Last edited by TeamButter; 05-17-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Forgot something..
Old 05-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I do not care what is stamped on the side of the tires.... They rock.. Period ..

They have great traction, and wear awesome.... This tire is leaps and obunds better then the tires it replaces....

BTW, great job on the rims... out of the 100 or so sets that have been run, we have heard nothing but good things....

But then again, you can never make everyone happy.

Jack, from FSEARA, thank you very much for getting the new product to us in such a time constraint.
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thanks MJ for the report and I'm exited that you and all my buddies at the race who ran them today loved them had very good things to say about its wear and traction. Some were a bit concerned about they looking like other tires, and were wondering why they didnt have "Jaco" stamped on them as well, since they were used to seeing Jaco on the old Jaco blues.

Butter: thanks for the clarification
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Man, at this point, I don't care if the tires are stamped with an image of Jack and Danny locked in an embrace, I just want something that's always available in every compound and doesn't suck. :-D

I'm glad to hear there's good progress being made. I finally got access to an asphalt track to practice on regularly, so I'm ready to ditch Sorex and try something new.
Old 05-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TeamButter
Marcos- I'll do my best to answer your inquistion.. As usual you are leaving out a small detail. The Much More tires you have also say "Sweep" on them, the tires you ran today obviously do not. There are only a handful of tire "factories" if you will, in the world. Thus the makers have their own way of identifying their compounds. Once again I will remind you as in my previous post in the Florida threads that the tires you ran today, the "so called JACO blues" along with everyone else at the race were PRE-PRODUCTON tires that FSEARA is basically testing. Before Jack or JACO invest all the money in the mold they want to make sure the compound is as close to perfect as possible before they have the JACO logo stamped on the side of the tire.

I can assure you that JACO will have their logo stamped on the side of the tires upon the initial production run. Then you can rest peacefully at night knowing that the tires you run are stamped JACO.

Are there any other questions you might have? I'll do my best to answer them using only as much sarcasm as necessary to match yours.
lol , i just stated what i saw when i ckecked the 2 tires and they seem to be the same and you just confirmed that for me , thanks butter, oh did you figured out that the wheels are lighter than the old one?? oh and by the way i drive a 7 series not a 5 you can look at it again tomorow
Old 05-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TimPotter
I do not care what is stamped on the side of the tires.... They rock.. Period ..

They have great traction, and wear awesome.... This tire is leaps and obunds better then the tires it replaces....

BTW, great job on the rims... out of the 100 or so sets that have been run, we have heard nothing but good things....

But then again, you can never make everyone happy.

Jack, from FSEARA, thank you very much for getting the new product to us in such a time constraint.
I agree with you Tim the tires were great and the rims are super strong
Old 05-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
lol , i just stated the facts and you just confirmed them for me , thanks butter, oh did you figured out that the wheels are lighter than the old one??
Lighter wheels?
Old 05-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The new Prism wheels are significantly lighter then the previous wheel. We had 7 DQ's in the first round because people forgot to weigh thier car....

The wear is phenominal.... We are running on a 130 degree track, and I did not see any blistering issues...
Old 05-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Lighter wheels?
yes i had the tires and rims on my hand for 2 minutes and i figured out that they were 1/2 ounce lighter than the old ones and it prevented me from getting "DQ"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.