R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #541
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
So the Blue dots are equal to say the Sorex 28's, what are the Green dots? I took by the code that green is JAC2428 so that'd be on par with a Sorex 28 and the Blue being JAC2432 would be on par with a Sorex 32?

Do I need to up my camber from -1 to say -2 for these tyres?
Green: 28
Blue: 32
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #542
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove View Post
Green: 28
Blue: 32
My take...

Green: 24 (only by what I have seen from two other driver's experiences with them.)

Blue: 28 (wears slightly faster than the old RP30s; but, still a very, very good carpet tire. Loved them at the IIC.)

Yellow: Still needs to be developed. Certain that Jack can do it!

And I upped my camber to 1.75 with the Jaco Blues. Usually at 1.5.

Bill

And a pair of Associated B6 buggies for turf and clay tracks.
Still Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #543
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to fatbear

Hello Jack,
I know this is not really the correct place for this but can I please, please get a reply to a PM I have just sent you.

Thankyou
Regards
Darren
fatbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #544
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

How are these prism rims for durability? Our "sportsman" class has been fairly violent lately and I've had a spate of Speedmind rims going out of round on me.
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #545
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The hex seems a little shallow to me, and the face of the wheel is a bit thicker. This makes the fit a little odd on my 415-mre as the rear uses .5mm spacers that cause the lock-nut to be a little too far out on the axle for my taste. Only a couple threads poke past the nylon insert. I've only run them once so far, so I cannot comment on how durable they are after impacts...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #546
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eg! View Post
The hex seems a little shallow to me, and the face of the wheel is a bit thicker. This makes the fit a little odd on my 415-mre as the rear uses .5mm spacers that cause the lock-nut to be a little too far out on the axle for my taste. Only a couple threads poke past the nylon insert. I've only run them once so far, so I cannot comment on how durable they are after impacts...
If you have full threads protruding past the locknut you're fine, but Tamiya also makes low-profile locknuts specifically for those who run spacers:

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=250&id=1712
reenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #547
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Hey Jack,

It was nice to finally put a face with a name.
The tires were perfect. I don't know of anyone who had a tire problem all week.
Thanks for putting in the effort and putting up with all the crap early on.......I think you've got a great thing going.

Josh Hohnstein
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:51 PM   #548
Tech Addict

Hey fellas...

I normally run Sorex 36r's here in the 23T class in Japan. What Jaco rubber tire/wheel combo is comparable to them?

In addition, we also have another venue of 23T racing that takes place on a double tennis court that's been converted to a permanent track. They run foam tires at this event. Currently, everyone uses Active Hobby foams, since the company is right down the street. I know Jaco uses colors to identify their foam compounds, but I have no idea what would work well on a grippy tennis court. Any idea which Jaco foams would be best suited for that?

v/r,

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #549
Tech Fanatic

We also make gas car foams that are rated by durometer. What shore readings are you currently using?
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #550
Tech Addict

Hmm, not sure what shore reading. Honestly, I don't even know what a shore reading is. (I'm a rubber tire guy).

We only use foams at this one track, and everyone uses Active Hobby brand, as they are local.

I'm looking at a brand new set, and on the rear tire package, it says EP37W26R.

EP=electric power

37= is the compound

26=width in mm's

R= rear

The rears are made with stiffening ribs that go across (like a paddle tire), and the fronts are made with the ribs going around like rings, if that makes any sense. These stiffeners are very thin (can hardly see them), and look like some sort of nylon materiel.

Still not sure what a shore rating is though.

What would be best for a tennis court surface (foams), and what rubber tire compound would be closest to Sorex 36R's? I've love to try your products here in Japan.

v/r,

- Paulie
Old 09-03-2008, 09:15 PM   #551
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeldz View Post
Hmm, not sure what shore reading. Honestly, I don't even know what a shore reading is. (I'm a rubber tire guy).

We only use foams at this one track, and everyone uses Active Hobby brand, as they are local.

I'm looking at a brand new set, and on the rear tire package, it says EP37W26R.

EP=electric power

37= is the compound

26=width in mm's

R= rear

The rears are made with stiffening ribs that go across (like a paddle tire), and the fronts are made with the ribs going around like rings, if that makes any sense. These stiffeners are very thin (can hardly see them), and look like some sort of nylon materiel.

Still not sure what a shore rating is though.

What would be best for a tennis court surface (foams), and what rubber tire compound would be closest to Sorex 36R's? I've love to try your products here in Japan.

v/r
- Paulie
The Shore rating is the hardness (the 37 number on the Active foams). I think our 3038P (front) and 3138P (rear) would work well for foams. As far as a substitute for Sorex 36's, we don't have anything that hard right now. You could try the Blues, but I doubt they will work as well. Just remember to change the setup if you do run our rubber tires. More camber is a must.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #552
Tech Addict

Ahh, got it. Never hear the hardness referred to as shore rating before. Thank you so much for the info Sir.

The surface where we run the Sorex's on is a semi prepared parking lot dedicated R/C track. I used to run Sorex 32's all the time, but it's so hot here in Okinawa Japan that they get greasy after 3 minutes. The Sorex 36's last the whole time and get about the same traction.

When it gets cold (at the start of the racing season) I just may have to try out your Greens or Blues.

As for the foams, thanks for advice. I just may have to get a set of them. Do you know if they will clear the Tmiya TA-05R? I have to run 1.5mm spacers on the front and 1.0mm spacers on the back for the Active Foams to not rub on anything.

v/r,

- Paulie
Old 09-03-2008, 10:05 PM   #553
Tech Fanatic

Sorry, I do not know if they will rub or not.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #554
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run them on a TA05R and have no clearance problems at all. That's with no spacers also.

R10 USGT, TRF416 USGT, DB10R, TA05R VTA, R40, RS4 3SS, RS4 super, Savage, Hellfire.

Youthful enthusiasm only rules until old age and common sense exert themselves
JCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 11:29 AM   #555
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgeldz View Post
Ahh, got it. Never hear the hardness referred to as shore rating before. Thank you so much for the info Sir.

The surface where we run the Sorex's on is a semi prepared parking lot dedicated R/C track. I used to run Sorex 32's all the time, but it's so hot here in Okinawa Japan that they get greasy after 3 minutes. The Sorex 36's last the whole time and get about the same traction.

When it gets cold (at the start of the racing season) I just may have to try out your Greens or Blues.

As for the foams, thanks for advice. I just may have to get a set of them. Do you know if they will clear the Tmiya TA-05R? I have to run 1.5mm spacers on the front and 1.0mm spacers on the back for the Active Foams to not rub on anything.

v/r,

- Paulie
Yeah a lot of foams don't work well on the TA05. You gotta run them wide and cut down the camber link ball to prevent rubbing. Rubber tires are fine.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote