R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   New Jaco Rubber Tires (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/218752-new-jaco-rubber-tires.html)

yyhayyim 04-25-2008 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by syndr0me (Post 4387359)
The Prism wheels remind me of the VW wheels I see on their little hatchback cars sometimes. They're definitely sharp, dish wheels are v.boring.

Yep..I've seen a couple guys with the GTI Hatchbacks at our LHS and they got some nice looking wheels on them. THese new Jaco wheels do look similar and really makes the cars look much better.

FOXY923 04-25-2008 08:51 AM

What Colour and/or part number will this new/better for asphalt compound be?

yyhayyim 04-25-2008 09:03 AM

More like the VW GTI MkV: http://www.vw.com/gti/gallery/en/us/#/exterior/0/

Tell me they dont look sweet:cool:

yyhayyim 04-25-2008 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by FOXY923 (Post 4387417)
What Colour and/or part number will this new/better for asphalt compound be?

I think the wheels will be white, and I'd like the compounds ratings their using remain the same since we kind of familiar with them: orange, blue, green, etc...although I also like the number ratings like Sorex 28, 32, 36,40, etc.

Maybe Jack can fill us in on this?

syndr0me 04-25-2008 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by yyhayyim (Post 4387442)
More like the VW GTI MkV: http://www.vw.com/gti/gallery/en/us/#/exterior/0/

Tell me they dont look sweet:cool:

Yeah, those are the ones!

FOXY923 04-25-2008 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by yyhayyim (Post 4387448)
I think the wheels will be white, and I'd like the compounds ratings their using remain the same since we kind of familiar with them: orange, blue, green, etc...although I also like the number ratings like Sorex 28, 32, 36,40, etc.

Maybe Jack can fill us in on this?

Sorry, I was just asking for the colour of the compound rating not the rim colour. I assumed white. If the Orange compound has been changed will it still be Orange? The Jaco's have the shore rating...last 2 digits of the part number. This was pointed out to me in another thread.

Yellow - 24
Green - 28
Blue - 32
Orange - 36

GreaseMonkey 04-25-2008 10:16 AM

I despise the colour compound idea. It makes little sense compared to numbers. It's a lot easier to say that 40 is harder than 37 but you have to know that purple is harder than pink. Then you throw double purple and double pink into the mix and things get more complicated again. Numbers just make more sense.

I understand that shore rating isn't the be all and end all of defining a tire. From memory double pink and grey are both 35 shore but they have different rubber contents so drive differently.

FOXY923 04-25-2008 10:25 AM

Those are foams. The rubbers only have 4 colours (so far). That makes it easier to remember. If you don't like the colours just call them by the part number. Most cars now a days really don't need part numbers cause their name is one:lol: So it's nice to call the tires an actual word.

Kraig 04-25-2008 10:48 AM

You know, I must be the ugly duckling here because I really don't care for the wheels. I don't care for dish wheels either.

I really like wheels that are straight and don't wobble. If these new wheels are that way then I will be happy. :nod:

FOXY923 04-25-2008 11:07 AM

If the rubber Prism's are anything like the foams you won't be disappointed:D

speedybill 04-25-2008 11:23 AM

all the chatter & Bs is kweel
BUT WHERE THE HECK IS A PART NUMBER???
customers are wanting them but I can't find out where to get them
any help??

Speedy

TeamButter 04-25-2008 02:11 PM

The part number is not available yet because the wheel and tire compounds are still being tested. The wheel will look exactly as you have seen it. The only thing is we are still testing compounds to provide the best possible combination of durability and performance.

The tires are GREAT!!! I'm the Serpent driver that was testing them and let me tell you that JACO has busted their hump trying to improve the Rubberz line and they have definitely done it. I also know Paulie ("Lights out") Lemieux has done some extensive testing and will continue to do so in order to make sure the best product possible is available to the consumer.

Those wondering what compounds will be available, I believe at this time that JACO will produce 3 compounds (Green, Blue, Orange)

I'll have more info available as we continue to test the tires.

Butter

PaintingRoly 04-25-2008 02:25 PM

Butter - que vuelta con mi pomito de gel? These tires sound good any word when we'll get these for the state series?

pc9840 04-25-2008 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer (Post 4387331)
Ouch!
I hope you are talking about the rubber tires! Our foams have been "decent" for a while. :lol:

Jack -- yes rubbers... foams are and have been great!

revrace 04-25-2008 03:10 PM

I don't get the whole spoke wheel thing. I think the dish wheels are much better looking. I sure hope that someone else continues making dish wheel pre-mounts. Does JACO plan on making rubber pre-mounts in both spoked and dish wheel configurations? For the record I use mostly JACO rubber's now and I am more than pleased with them.