R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-05-2008, 02:49 PM   #181
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer View Post
Interesting direction this thread has taken.....
Considering we have done EVERYTHING we said we would do to improve our product and get it to market, I don't have much tolerance for complaining. Go run Sorex. We have busted our asses to get tires in and get them mounted as fast as possible. We are mounting the first batch of blues as we speak and they have already started shipping yesterday...about a week late from our target date. Big freakin deal. I don't need to look too far to see why chronic bitching hurts this industry.

We are running Sorex and will continue to, defend yourself the best you can, BUT remember I am complaining about the "HYPE' , of UNAVAVAILABLE TIRES
Hope your product meets the consumers expectations, good luck

Thankx, Speedy

ps positive remarks such as yours Jack would want to make a LHS owner clean the Jacos off the wall,
ROAR member #5-120259
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
Sweep Racing Tires
speedybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #182
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Unload all ya want. I couldn't care less.

I'm not new to the forum, I just decided to actually use my name.
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:58 PM   #183
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

You're making me want to defend Jack, and it's pissing me off!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #184
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer View Post
Interesting direction this thread has taken.....
Considering we have done EVERYTHING we said we would do to improve our product and get it to market, I don't have much tolerance for complaining. Go run Sorex. We have busted our asses to get tires in and get them mounted as fast as possible. We are mounting the first batch of blues as we speak and they have already started shipping yesterday...about a week late from our target date. Big freakin deal. I don't need to look too far to see why chronic bitching hurts this industry.
I think the bitchin is just part of the Type A personalities that this hobby attracts.

I think it is so funny because rubber tires are not a plentiful as they could be I think mostly due to spec tires at big races. Whenever the big races roll around the tire supply seems to dry up.

I for one am pumped up to see the new tires! I think the reason why people are getting frustrated is because they cannot really find Sorex's around, Much More tires are hard to find and get in the US, RP's are few and far between. I think we are all just looking for a manufactor that not only provides a great product, but has a good supply and a way to get these products to the consumers.

I ran Jaco Greens at carpet Nats and was a bit disappointed by the rim quality. I think it is really impressive that a company would identify that they have an issue with their product and put together such a great effort to fix that problem.

People are going to complain (I being one of them!) but I also understand that getting a new product to market takes time.

With all of that said I want the new Jacos NOW!!!!
Old 06-05-2008, 03:20 PM   #185
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Please make an attempt to do so, I would be overjoyed
ROAR member #5-120259
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
Sweep Racing Tires
Old 06-05-2008, 03:24 PM   #186
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I just got back with the popcorn so go ahead! LOL

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:27 PM   #187
Tech Elite

all you need now is BEER!!!
ROAR member #5-120259
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
Sweep Racing Tires
Old 06-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #188
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Nah, these are my kinder, gentler days. :-)

I just can't agree. I think Jaco has handled this situation really well. If I didn't know something better was coming, I'd be VERY bummed right now, because this situation sucks.

This is much better than the normal mystery surrounding tires. Or how about how our beloved Take-Off punched us in the nuts by releasing a bunch of shitty tires and ruining their credibility? I bet the hobby shops that loaded up on the latest batch are pretty pissed that nobody wants them now since they suck so bad.

I'm glad for the "hype," it makes it easier to get through this drought knowing something better is around the corner.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #189
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smoke81 Send a message via Yahoo to smoke81

4-24 was when this thread was started.... Just over a month of hype... Dear god nooooo... Might add this wasn't even started by anyone involved with jaco.. Jack just came on here and set the record straight....

I just believe people enjoy being Aholes.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #190
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Every company in every industry I've ever seen advertises new products before they're actually available. You have to create a buzz about something a head of time. Not doing so is just bad business. If you wait until you have a warehouse full of product to even mention that you have a new product, you're going to have a bunch of product sitting on a shelf until the buzz starts up and people start ordering stuff. Not to mention you could end up with way too much inventory if you over estimate the popularity of the product. Think about it. We knew about the PS3 a year or two before it was out. We see concept and pre production cars (real cars) all the time. New computers are advertised before they actually are out. How long before the iPhone was relesed did they start showing TV adds? How long before movies come out do you start seeing trailers? You have to know how much interest there's going to be in a product before you start production. That's just business.

I personally can't wait until I can get my hands on these tires. And no, I don't run for Jack. never have. I've never even talked to him in person. He had team drivers and some other racers test tires to see how they worked in the real world. Once they got the right compounds etc... down, those drivers gave positive feedback and reported their findings on here. Jaco went into production and gave a release date. They missed that date due to circumstances out of their control. (Again, something else that happens every day in every industry in the world.) They're now getting orders shipped and only a week off their original date. The only problem I see are people getting on here and finding more reasons to bitch.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:08 PM   #191
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr View Post
Every company in every industry I've ever seen advertises new products before they're actually available. You have to create a buzz about something a head of time. Not doing so is just bad business. If you wait until you have a warehouse full of product to even mention that you have a new product, you're going to have a bunch of product sitting on a shelf until the buzz starts up and people start ordering stuff. Not to mention you could end up with way too much inventory if you over estimate the popularity of the product. Think about it. We knew about the PS3 a year or two before it was out. We see concept and pre production cars (real cars) all the time. New computers are advertised before they actually are out. How long before the iPhone was relesed did they start showing TV adds? How long before movies come out do you start seeing trailers? You have to know how much interest there's going to be in a product before you start production. That's just business.

I personally can't wait until I can get my hands on these tires. And no, I don't run for Jack. never have. I've never even talked to him in person. He had team drivers and some other racers test tires to see how they worked in the real world. Once they got the right compounds etc... down, those drivers gave positive feedback and reported their findings on here. Jaco went into production and gave a release date. They missed that date due to circumstances out of their control. (Again, something else that happens every day in every industry in the world.) They're now getting orders shipped and only a week off their original date. The only problem I see are people getting on here and finding more reasons to bitch.
couldn't have said it anybetter myself jon
Old 06-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #192
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The funny thing about this whole thing is Speedy and Jack are in the same position. Customers b!tching at them about not being able to get Jaco tires. Just so happens one manufactures them and the other sells them.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will all have an abundance of cool new Jaco tires and the world will be at peace again.

On the post above. Apple products are almost always available only 4-6 weeks after announcement. Heck the new iphone isnt supposed to be announced until Monday and rumored available 9 days later. That is not a long time at all!
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #193
J_P
Tech Addict

Jon Kerr. Get the hell out of here, with that rational thinking and common sence. This is the internet for God's sake.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #194
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedybill View Post
Fred,
sorry, I have to pick on you, you seem to be the only one defending Jaco at the moment, but alas, you are not reading my posts, I understand the delay in production, but as I have said in earlier posts

HAVE YOUR $H*T TOGETHER BEFORE YOU ADVERTISE YOUR PRODUCT

I can understand the testing by racers/ect, but why advertise these tests until you can provide said product to the consumer??

Yeah the release 'date' has been pushed back due to unforseen circumstances, will there be more 'unforseen circumstances' in the future for Jaco rubber tires?? who knows

Yeah I have tires for my customers, but I still hear
'WHEN WILL JACOS BE AVAILABLE???

Sorry Fred, hate to unload on you, you are somewhat new to the forum & I applogize for picking on you,

Speedy

ps man pile??
pss ROB LOVE traction compund!! when will it be available??

Sounds like the all the same stuff when Losi was trying to release the type R, I really don't see the problem, I waited for however many months and it finally arrived. there were numerous magazine articles and "spy shots" , but, when it was ready, they released it. Oh well,, just my .02.
losi nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #195
Tech Addict

So anyway, I picked up my blues (unmounted) today from FastCats. They just got the box of unmounted tires & rims today. If they can get here to Canada that fast they shouldn't be too long for you done there...mounted even. Thanks Jack, I'm happy now
FOXY923 is offline   Reply With Quote