Wiki Posts
Search

how to contact speedmerchant?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Default how to contact speedmerchant?

does anyone know how to get in contact with speedmerchant?

Last edited by LOW ET; 04-26-2008 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Good luck. A couple of my friends played hell getting their 5.0s when they were released. Top notch product, not so much in customer service.

Ben
Old 04-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have to say that I have had the same experiance and I found it to be unacceptable. I am getting good support from BMI and the new Associated car looks good. The Corallys are fast too. I have a speedmerchat rev 4 that I have not run for 2 years because of their poor, poor support.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

yea,

I'm glad they went ahead and produced their new 1/10 scale pan car!

Just one more production that you can't get parts for.

Speed Merchant is a joke...
Old 04-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

i found all info i needed, please close thread.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Speed merchant has top a notch product!!! I am also happy to say my hobby store (360 speedway) carries practically all of the parts needed...Thanks Bruce!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

For the folks who can't seem to get in touch with Speedmerchant...

I'm not trying to stir up any trouble, but I wonder if something about the emails you're sending are getting trapped by a spam filter... I recently had an issue with a Robitronic dyno that I purchased, and after 2 weeks of no replies to emails I called Austria and spoke to Kristof and he found me in his junk mail folder... I'm not sure what it was about my emails that got them flagged as spam, but after that one conversation he's always been there to reply within a day for me.

It's possible that something like this is happening with Speedmerchant as well... I can't imagine Bruce intentionally ignoring correspondence from customers or potential customers.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

I know your trying to look at the glass half full but the reality of this customer service situation is that the RC biz to Bruce is not his top priortiy. This unfortunetly has always been the case... I used to get angry about it now I just support another brand.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs down

This poor customer service from SpeedMerchant has been going on for years, and the "spam filter" excuse is an old and tired one. That's completely unacceptable for any company, and if it were an issue, it should have been taken care of years ago.

It seems as though he takes good care of his "team" drivers who continue to talk up the product and the company on the forums, while most of the everyday racers and consumers get ignored for weeks and sometimes months. Same story, different day. Go read the SpeedMerchant thread here back to the early days of the thread (more than a few years old) and Bruce has been continually a ghost with customer service.

I still own my Rev4, and I really enjoy the car, but if you are spending money on a 1/12th scale car, there are a LOT better places to look these days to find as good of a chassis with FAR better customer service and parts support.

Honestly, I'm shocked that SpeedMerchant is still in business with the way that customers have been continually treated over the years. In an industry this fickle, you can't treat your consumer base like that very long and get away with it.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Like I said before, I'm not trying to stir up controversy, just speaking from personal experience. The spam filter issue might indeed be a tired old excuse, but it happened to me with Robitronic within the last month or two, which is why I mentioned it. I agree that if it is indeed the root of the problem, it needs to be addressed. Having worked in customer service in the computer gaming industry I understand that feeliing ignored is one of the biggest customer turn-offs there is.

Fortunately for me, I've never had a problem contacting Bruce, and I've been driving his cars since the very first Carpet Knife. I'm not a team driver, so the "Bruce only takes care of his team guys" issue hasn't been my experience.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ALBERTO
Speed merchant has top a notch product!!! I am also happy to say my hobby store (360 speedway) carries practically all of the parts needed...Thanks Bruce!!!
+1. I have even seen some prototype parts in the pits guys were testing at 360. As far as I am concerned I want to get a Rev5 and there is plenty support for it I don't see why anyones LHS can't order the parts.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:59 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

"The spam filter excuse" is indeed a valid one. At the industry level once your email address gets out it's game over. I get over 1000 emails a day, most of them spam which leads me no choice but to ignore my junk folder. I can't filter who's been accidentally spam trapped. I have accidentally ignored customers because they have been flagged as spam...it can happen.