R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-25-2003, 12:43 PM   #61
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Accord

Well it's obviously not an off road vehicle from the pics, and it is definetly not going to be a electric touring car of any scale, and i'm positive it will not be a gas car considering the relationship between XRay, Hudy, and Serpent. XRay is a company that produces competition level products, so I doubt it will be any sort of "micro" or "mini" car to compete with HPI's micro or Kyosho's Mini-Z's, because frankly, there just isn't a lot of competition in these categories.

As far as electric on-road goes, the next largest class aside from 1/10 touring is 1/12th scale pan cars, and because of this, my guess is it will be a 1/12th scale pan car, but instead of just producing an RC12L3 clone like most of the companies on the market have, it will be a new fresh design unlike any other 12th scale on the market and will not resemble any other car.
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 12:49 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

I don't know Accord, I see what looks very similar to a dogbone on all the pics, I beleive the "avant-gard" pic is of the front.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 12:54 PM   #63
Tech Fanatic

I just went through the flash video and individually took screen shots of each picture so we can closely examine them .

Here they are...

Old 07-25-2003, 01:10 PM   #64
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via AIM to DOMOisCOOL Send a message via Yahoo to DOMOisCOOL

I doubt its a 1/12. You can see how shiny the tires are in the pics. Meaning they're rubber. I could be wrong though...
DOMOisCOOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 01:14 PM   #65
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by DOMOisCOOL
I doubt its a 1/12. You can see how shiny the tires are in the pics. Meaning they're rubber. I could be wrong though...
Keep in mind that the pictures are CAD drawings or something of that sort, they are not actual pictures of the real car.
Old 07-25-2003, 01:15 PM   #66
Tech Initiate

I'm guessing its a 1/12th and its gunna be called the X-ray T1/12th
jonathan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 01:22 PM   #67
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

from the last picture ("prestige"), it doesn't really look like a micro or mini
utieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 01:55 PM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

start saving your extra cash cause one thing is for certin if its xray it will be A) cool as Hell and B) Expensive.
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 02:07 PM   #69
Tech Rookie

"from the last picture ("prestige"), it doesn't really look like a micro or mini"

from that picture, it looks MORE like a mini. think of the bottom of the pic as the front of the car. on the left and right of the "prestige" pic are the arms, and coming down in the center from the hex head screws, is the arm extension for the cantilever shocks center mounted in the chassis. thus making the front end JUST LIKE A MICRO RS4 unlike the micro rs4, the drivetrain is ceneter aligned, which is could mean some interesting things for battery and servo positioning... Or I could be wrong

The Micro market is a goldmine if this is what this is. Just buying a Micro RS4 kit, new chassis, and a couple hop ups is right around $200.

Last edited by grimlock3000; 07-25-2003 at 02:13 PM.
grimlock3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 02:20 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

my money is on a 4wd 12th scale car. If you lexamine the suspension it looks like very similar to the spring in steering block desing used in 12th scale pan cars. I say it will be a 4wd twist on the 12th scale market. Just think that would be:

A. next largest on-road electric market aside from1/10 touring
B. new and revolutionary (1st 4wd pan car)
C. not a touring car

All I can say is if thats what I am looking at, I will be looking forward to a new winer carpet class.
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 02:28 PM   #71
Tech Elite

I still think it's 4wd and 1/18th scale (or close to) what ever it is.

I seriously doubt it's a 1/12th TC. Look for adjustments, Toe, Camber, Caster. I see no way to adjust these things from what I see in the pics of the car. Do you? If it's a 1/12th TC the Yok will easily out pace it because of the simple reason that it's very adjustable. Another thing, look at the wheels, there obviouly slip on's like the hpi micro's, you can see the bumps so that you can change the wheels to have offset or not so they fit the bodies. It could be a shaft 1/18th but then you'd need special battery packs as the ones on the market wouldn't fit...

The last shot "prestige" is simply a down shot of the middle of the front suspension.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 07-25-2003 at 02:37 PM.
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 02:32 PM   #72
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

let's not all loss our heads, the answer is very easy if you are a true XRAY guy. 1/10 4WD SHAFT DRIVE TOURING CAR. there have been rumors about it ever since the snowbird's . look at the picture with the xray logo in the cad drawing that's the front bulk head bolt pattern , the same as the yok and tam. there's your answer.

The ONE that DIES with the Most Toys WINS!!!
ICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 03:14 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That suspension arm design was done years ago..

A car made by VOGART or VOGERT (spelling?) Anyway its 4 corners had identical arms similar to ones shown here.

The short dog bones remind me of what the PRO3 had to do to get the wide differentials in it to accomadate a belt down the side and cells down the center..

PUT me on record as saying its a shaft drive with the battery down the center and shaft down one side. And all 4 corners will share the same arms
Old 07-25-2003, 03:21 PM   #74
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Why would you build a 1/10 car with quite possibly the shortest arms ever? and the largest dogbones? It's pretty obviously a micro car. If they build a "race" 1/18 car, they would make satchels of cash. Look at how much is spent on hopups for hpis.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 03:57 PM   #75
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

pictures bigger and brighter
mistercrash is offline   Reply With Quote