Old 11-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so what's with the 214 software?
Old 11-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There is new software?
What are the main differences to the V212 software?

regards Roy
Old 11-06-2011, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Here we go again!

While I appreciate everyone's natural inquisitiveness (same with me) any new features of new software will be described if/when a new version is released to the general public, or when Randy decides to tell.

Trev
Old 11-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

im also still waiting good news from team tekin any new software release...
Old 11-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

same here randy ... wating ... waiting ...

while waiting, maybe I can also do some wishful thinking ... an rs pro program box so we don't to bring laptops to the track. again, just wishful thinking. that would make the tekin perfect!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
same here randy ... wating ... waiting ...

while waiting, maybe I can also do some wishful thinking ... an rs pro program box so we don't to bring laptops to the track. again, just wishful thinking. that would make the tekin perfect!
+1
Old 11-10-2011, 01:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TrevCoult
Here we go again!

While I appreciate everyone's natural inquisitiveness (same with me) any new features of new software will be described if/when a new version is released to the general public, or when Randy decides to tell.

Trev
Hello Trevor, I have a query, maybe you can help me, one company here in France "work" on the Tekin and sells it with its name as well as Tekin on it.

They supply a 4 capacitors board with there unit.

If I wanted to add a second capacitor to my original one (same one by the way) do I need to connect them in line or in parallele?

They mentionned that their unit runs cooler because of the 4 capacitors, what would be the plus to have 2 or more instead of one on the Tekin?

Thanks.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:11 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys I've been out of vacation for a few days.

We are always looking to improve the features and driveability of the RS line.

There is some in house testing being done with new software. Some team drivers have tested the new "feel" but ONLY with myself present. They DO NOT have the software themselves, only I have it at this time. I can't be more clear about this.

I will share more when I can. So far all results are positive. Hara, EA, Cyrul and others all commented how much better the throttle control and feel was.

Again non of the above have the software either.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Hey guys I've been out of vacation for a few days.

We are always looking to improve the features and driveability of the RS line.

There is some in house testing being done with new software. Some team drivers have tested the new "feel" but ONLY with myself present. They DO NOT have the software themselves, only I have it at this time. I can't be more clear about this.

I will share more when I can. So far all results are positive. Hara, EA, Cyrul and others all commented how much better the throttle control and feel was.

Again non of the above have the software either.
Hi Randy,

With graphics card and other pc hardware components, manufacturers often would release beta firmwares and drivers for their product with a warning stating its potential issues and dangers if used, but leaves the decision up to the customers to choose to do so. Is it possible for Tekin to do the same?

I'm sure there are many rs/rs pro owners that wouldn't mind participating in beta testing new firmwares and i believe it can also help you as far as varying the range of users and user specs.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Def going to look into that..
Old 11-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VexVegaz
Hi Randy,

With graphics card and other pc hardware components, manufacturers often would release beta firmwares and drivers for their product with a warning stating its potential issues and dangers if used, but leaves the decision up to the customers to choose to do so. Is it possible for Tekin to do the same?

I'm sure there are many rs/rs pro owners that wouldn't mind participating in beta testing new firmwares and i believe it can also help you as far as varying the range of users and user specs.
I believe their team of sponsored drivers fulfill those duties.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

M-Tech, I would hope so, but limiting the beta testing software to only team drivers can present a limit with certain results. Team drivers can only present scenarios that may be limited to pro drivers and conditions. That, looking from a development point of view, is a very limited pool of data to base your coding and design on. There are many conditions and situations that a controlled driver/team driver can recreate and simulate, but is entirely not enough. If you look at it at a soft-wares point of view, a developer would want these soft-wares tested under every single scenario and conditions possible in order to avoid having to do any unnecessary incremental release. What better way to do that than letting a controlled amount of your customers test out the features? it cant hurt if precautions and warnings are put in place prior to any downloads or installs.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Team drivers test new software for Tekin. Always have, and the results don't disappoint.

If you want to test new software, get good enough to become a team driver, simple. Complaining won't get you on the beta distribution list.

I'm not a team driver, have run Tekin for a while now, and I'm just fine with that arrangement.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Team drivers test new software for Tekin. Always have, and the results don't disappoint.

If you want to test new software, get good enough to become a team driver, simple. Complaining won't get you on the beta distribution list.

I'm not a team driver, have run Tekin for a while now, and I'm just fine with that arrangement.
who's complaining? im pretty sure what i said was merely a suggestion, rather than a demand.

of course, there will always be people like yourself who are fine with the way things are done and will refuse change, but im sure there are also people who wouldn't mind experimenting with new firmwares and those same people can contribute in some form or another on the development of a product YOU will use.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

nothing gets released to a driver unless tekin is ready for it to be tested,drivers get it a few days to a week before the public gets it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.