Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CCristo
Timing advance only applies in dual mode. Most people set it to ~80 in case of a sensor wire failure, you will run in dual mode and still get some timing advance.

edit: To clarify

Boost - increased timing in sensored mode
Turbo - increased timing in sensored mode
Timing advance - increased timing in dual mode.
OH, then why is timing advanced shown in sensored mode? Thanks for the clarification. Also, why timing at 80 in case of sensor wire failure? And in dual mode, is 80 not too much for a 6.5T motor?

Thx
Old 08-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
OH, then why is timing advanced shown in sensored mode? Thanks for the clarification. Also, why timing at 80 in case of sensor wire failure? And in dual mode, is 80 not too much for a 6.5T motor?

Thx
I already answered this in the Dex410 thread: http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...D_6.5_v212.pdf

Timing advance is shown simply because it can come into play while in sensored only mode should the sensors,sensor harness fail.

The setups are on our site.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I already answered this in the Dex410 thread: http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...D_6.5_v212.pdf

Timing advance is shown simply because it can come into play while in sensored only mode should the sensors,sensor harness fail.

The setups are on our site.
hey randy, i didn't see any responses from you on why the sheet does not have timing for sensored mode. I just saw your link to the setup sheets.

Also, all of the setup sheets are for sensored mode. Therefore, i have no reference to what i should set the advance timing (using 6.5t motor on dex410) for on dual mode or in sensored mode in case of a sensor wire failure.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

This is a dumb question and i think i know the answer but i want to check to make sure, what is the max temp the RS will go to before it thermals. Or what is the highest i should let it go? thanks!
Old 08-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
This is a dumb question and i think i know the answer but i want to check to make sure, what is the max temp the RS will go to before it thermals. Or what is the highest i should let it go? thanks!
i think its 220 but how many leds flash
Old 08-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
i think its 220 but how many leds flash
I have never checked the leds, i just want to make sure before i run mod with it so i dont burn it up. Thanks
Old 08-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default Problem / question

Was wondering if anyone lately is having this problem. I own 5 Tekin RS ESC's. that is all I run in the following cars;TC6, TLR22, B44, B44.1, B4. I have loved these ESC's and really used to the programming. I have had zero issues up until a month ago.

In the TLR22 all of a sudden I go to turn everything on and go drive. Everything lights up fine, steering works but when I give it throttle no power to the motor. I try everything; hook up to new motor, reset the ESC, put it on the hotwire (seems fine), change the cap and nothing works. Sent the ESC back (purchased less than 120 days) so they replace it. No explanation what went wrong. All is good until just a week ago a different ESC in the TC6 does the EXACT same thing. Running fine for a battery or 2 then I get ready to head out for another run and same thing.

This one I am going to have to pay to fix as it is older than 120 days (sucks). Obviously without knowing the issue, I can't fix this. I also can't just keep paying to fix the ESC.

May have to go to a different company, but I don't want to.

Thoughts? Any one else with this issue?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Team Tekin

hey randy, i didn't see any responses from you on why the sheet does not have timing for sensored mode. I just saw your link to the setup sheets.

Also, all of the setup sheets are for sensored mode. Therefore, i have no reference to what i should set the advance timing (using 6.5t motor on dex410) for on dual mode or in sensored mode in case of a sensor wire failure.
When I run a 6.5 more often than not I'm in dual mode with timing advance around 80 or so. My old setup has fallen off the list. I'll make a new one and get it posted.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Was wondering if anyone lately is having this problem. I own 5 Tekin RS ESC's. that is all I run in the following cars;TC6, TLR22, B44, B44.1, B4. I have loved these ESC's and really used to the programming. I have had zero issues up until a month ago.

In the TLR22 all of a sudden I go to turn everything on and go drive. Everything lights up fine, steering works but when I give it throttle no power to the motor. I try everything; hook up to new motor, reset the ESC, put it on the hotwire (seems fine), change the cap and nothing works. Sent the ESC back (purchased less than 120 days) so they replace it. No explanation what went wrong. All is good until just a week ago a different ESC in the TC6 does the EXACT same thing. Running fine for a battery or 2 then I get ready to head out for another run and same thing.

This one I am going to have to pay to fix as it is older than 120 days (sucks). Obviously without knowing the issue, I can't fix this. I also can't just keep paying to fix the ESC.

May have to go to a different company, but I don't want to.

Thoughts? Any one else with this issue?
What led's are shown? Does it chime? Need more info.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
240f. Use the led temp indicator. It's not only the most accurate it's the one that matters! lol
Old 08-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

What led's are shown? Does it chime? Need more info.
Two outside LEDs on both sides blink and no chime.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default ESC requires to power ups

Im having some issues with my Tekin RS ESC. first of all, if I have the sensor wire connected, my esc will not power up. I only get power to my receiver and servo. I connected my hotwire to make sure my configuration was setup for a sensor motor.

Second, with the sensor wire off, the very first time i turn on my esc, nothing happens, lights out. If i turn it off then back on, my esc turns on and i get throttle.

Im currently running
2wd blitz
8.5 novak ballistic motor
Savox 1258 servo
2s 40c 5000mah lipo
spectrum 3000 pro receiver\w spektrum glitch buster
spectrum Dx3s transmitter
Old 08-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

When I run a 6.5 more often than not I'm in dual mode with timing advance around 80 or so. My old setup has fallen off the list. I'll make a new one and get it posted.
Sorry, reading isn't my best subject lol.. you are saying when u run 6.5, you mostly run dual mode with timing advance around 80?

How much does timing advance affects 6.5 motors in dual mode. 80 sounds like a lot, but i'm sure it sounds like a lot because i don't thoroughly understand how timing advance works. If you can elaborate on details, that'll be great. I'm an EE, so you can get technical if you like. I'm just trying to really understand this stuff.

thx
Old 08-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Sorry, reading isn't my best subject lol.. you are saying when u run 6.5, you mostly run dual mode with timing advance around 80?

How much does timing advance affects 6.5 motors in dual mode. 80 sounds like a lot, but i'm sure it sounds like a lot because i don't thoroughly understand how timing advance works. If you can elaborate on details, that'll be great. I'm an EE, so you can get technical if you like. I'm just trying to really understand this stuff.

thx
In my experience D-M is much smoother from 0-1/4 throttle than sensored.
Randy can give more exact numbers on how much actual advance there is at 80 or 100%, but it is negligible compared to boosting, or turbo.

If you've got a punchy motor you're trying to tame, or low grip situation, this is worth a try.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
In my experience D-M is much smoother from 0-1/4 throttle than sensored.
Randy can give more exact numbers on how much actual advance there is at 80 or 100%, but it is negligible compared to boosting, or turbo.

If you've got a punchy motor you're trying to tame, or low grip situation, this is worth a try.
i am going from a 8.5 lrp to a 6.5. i don't mind aggressive throttle. Sometimes i kinda need that bottom end. but at the same time, my lap times maybe better when the motor is tamed LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.