Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Had an interesting thing happen this weekend with my RS. When I would apply changes to it, then plug everything back in, I would have to recalibrate with the radio. Now to make it even more interesting this only happened early in the day. Not after say 2 hours. It did not loose the setting only wanted to be re calibrated.

Any ideas what would cause this?
I'm picking it was a poltergeist invoked by a Novak driver by using an RS shaped Voodoo doll soaked in the sweat of starving goats.
I could be wrong though.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I've recently had a problem with my RS. I put in a new D3 and the speedo started up with 1,2, 6&7 LEDS lit. I tried 3 motors, 3 sensor cables, 2 sets of wires, and 3 receivers. All with the same result. Software was checked and double-checked.

I got a replacement and the same thing happened. It actually happened to a total of 3 RSs.

Is it possible for a motor to trash the speedo? Wouldn't it just not work if the motor was bad?

Any suggestions? They take programming just fine, but won't run.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barneys Racing
I've recently had a problem with my RS. I put in a new D3 and the speedo started up with 1,2, 6&7 LEDS lit. I tried 3 motors, 3 sensor cables, 2 sets of wires, and 3 receivers. All with the same result. Software was checked and double-checked.

I got a replacement and the same thing happened. It actually happened to a total of 3 RSs.

Is it possible for a motor to trash the speedo? Wouldn't it just not work if the motor was bad?

3 ESC's? It screams of another issue. Did you at any stage before killing the esc's try a different motor?

What was your soldering like? Clean with absolutely no solder crossing the wire posts? You would be surprised how many people cant solder well and get the solder in all the wrong places
Old 06-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

i thought the same thing, but the soldering was clean. I'm pretty good at soldering cleanly. One of the speedos was out of a friend's car that was working perfectly.

that's why i tried 3 different motors, sensor cables and wiring. Don't know what other things I could change.

the first motor tried on all was a known to be working motor that was used in my last race.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

i thought the same thing, but the soldering was clean. I'm pretty good at soldering cleanly. One of the speedos was out of a friend's car that was working perfectly.

that's why i tried 3 different motors, sensor cables and wiring. Don't know what other things I could change.

the first motor tried on all was a known to be working motor that was used in my last race.
Give a look at this:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...esc-issue.html
Maybe the speedo it's not the problem, it could be both a radio or a servo problem.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

hello all,

I will receive a trinity duo 3 10.5 and i would like to know the performance/feeling compare to an x12 or speed passion

My lrp x12 10.5 setups was :

- TP 2 / Current limit 75

- Boost 40 ( more than 40 make the motor too much kick up, hard to handle )
5600 to 20016

- Turbo 10 Ramp 1 Delay 0.3 ( i don't like when the turbo kick up the car, i prefer to have a linear power)

Motor timing 4 dot and FDR 5.9

X12 motors have a lot of torque and a crazy power with timing.

I ve checked the setup sheet on tekin website, all before 212 hotwire version are deleted
I m remember there were a lot of setup sheet with d3 motor on it, too bad...

Can someone give me a feedback to the trinity duo 3 motors handling ? and maybe a setup point

thanks
Old 06-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Is this a 1s application?
Old 06-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Manson
hello all,

I will receive a trinity duo 3 10.5 and i would like to know the performance/feeling compare to an x12 or speed passion

My lrp x12 10.5 setups was :

- TP 2 / Current limit 75

- Boost 40 ( more than 40 make the motor too much kick up, hard to handle )
5600 to 20016

- Turbo 10 Ramp 1 Delay 0.3 ( i don't like when the turbo kick up the car, i prefer to have a linear power)

Motor timing 4 dot and FDR 5.9

X12 motors have a lot of torque and a crazy power with timing.

I ve checked the setup sheet on tekin website, all before 212 hotwire version are deleted
I m remember there were a lot of setup sheet with d3 motor on it, too bad...

Can someone give me a feedback to the trinity duo 3 motors handling ? and maybe a setup point

thanks
With the d3 I am running:

Boost 40
Turbo 10
Rpm start 5000 end 22000
Ramp 2
Delay 0.02

And one notch on motor timing (8*)

This is on a medium indoor track on carpet in a tc.
Geared around 8.0 fdr.
Hope it helps
Old 06-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

at the end of the track day i see my tekin flashing nw and vc, can anyone tell me what that means?
Old 06-15-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 280 (100%+)

According to the troubleshooting sheet I have, 1&2, 6&7 indicate "wrong motor type selected". That would be the first thing to look at.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone had an issue where you lose drag brake when you use the NO-TIMING profile. When I use the non-timing boost (blinky) profile, my drag brake is all but gone. I turn it up using the hotwire connection but it's still almost non existent. I'm at 30 now and still don't feel it. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 06-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Has anyone had an issue where you lose drag brake when you use the NO-TIMING profile. When I use the non-timing boost (blinky) profile, my drag brake is all but gone. I turn it up using the hotwire connection but it's still almost non existent. I'm at 30 now and still don't feel it. Anyone else have this issue?
Running a lot of boost, gives a natural drag brake feel.
I would suggest recalibrating radio to esc, and getting used a higher number drag brake for blinky mode, to get the fell you were used to in boosted.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

try make factory reset ..
Old 06-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sirio76
Give a look at this:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...esc-issue.html
Maybe the speedo it's not the problem, it could be both a radio or a servo problem.

thanks, very helpful. i will go through all the components.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Running a lot of boost, gives a natural drag brake feel.
I would suggest recalibrating radio to esc, and getting used a higher number drag brake for blinky mode, to get the fell you were used to in boosted.
Thanks, Dave. I recalibrated the radio a few times already. I'll try cranking it up to 50 and see it I can feel it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.