Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 03-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think it is very clear that what I would like to gain is a better start punch if possible. I am quite happy with the rest.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Here's one for team tekin.

I have managed to tune the RSPro so I have great speed, great infield punch, but my car takes off rather leisurely at the start. Suggestions?

The setup:

boost start/end 6k/12k

turbo 12, delay .5, ramp 1

FDR 5.95

motor SP V3 no timing on motor.

Keep in mind if you want to recommend something that I prefer boost first, turbo after.

I would go with ligther gearing, but am afraid to lose my top speed edge. At the moment, I am on pace speedwise in the tight section, and on the stretch my car is the fastest in the field (by a small margin, but there is no doubt about it).

I don't think it is very clear that what I would like to gain is a better start punch if possible. I am quite happy with the rest.
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
one thing i have seen during my runs is that with a higher start some motor timing works good,play with motor timing
this was my response to you
Old 03-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Still need help on setting up for 4.5T LRP x12 octa wind brushless sensored on my rs pro. Anyone please?
Old 03-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Akudou
Still need help on setting up for 4.5T LRP x12 octa wind brushless sensored on my rs pro. Anyone please?
use dual mode for your 4.5t, set boost advance to 70, temp your motor, then adjust accordingly.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Ive got a 5.5turn motor where the sensor in the motor is gone, i want to race it still and just not connect the sensor cable at all.

Should i run it in dual mode still? as i dont think there is a mode that is purely sensorless?
Old 03-31-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

yes dual mode
Old 03-31-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hardmankam
use dual mode for your 4.5t, set boost advance to 70, temp your motor, then adjust accordingly.
Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it alot. Do you mind sharing the setup on the hotwire vegas firmware like which to use and settings on each mode. I have the setup which is perfect for my 11.5t but very new to mod setup and therefor would not like to risk burning my new motor.

I also need help on setting up on 5.5t sensor and sensorless which i intend to use on my 1/10 buggy.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
this was my response to you
I saw that, but am not sure more timing (which inherently means less torque) helps pulling away (form a dead stop) quicker when you need maximum torque.

I'll give it a try though, thank you.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:50 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Usually if you add timing you're also lowering your gear ration so the "torque" also comes from the lower gearing...
Old 03-31-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Randy, is drag brake relative to brake strength?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Usually if you add timing you're also lowering your gear ration so the "torque" also comes from the lower gearing...
Yes. That's my dilemma. I am afraid of losing some of my top end if I did that. But I will get over it and test, after all this is what it's all about. Testing time is at a very very costly premium, that's the most difficult problem I face.

To give you some further idea, I would compare the launch I had when using brushed 27 turn motors when the car would just blast off the grid like out of a cannon. I had to be careful not to wipe out the cars in front (if there were any). Right now, I have to watch the cars behind me so I don't get wiped out.

For Randy. Just to give you an example of how limited our track time is, I was talking yesterday with a friend at the track and he told me he didn't buy a Tekin simply because he doesn't have the time to tune it and the car even though he admitted the superiority of the Tekin system. It is a difficult situation we have here, but it's all we have (we are the last club to race regularly and weekly on road in the state).
Old 03-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Yes. That's my dilemma. I am afraid of losing some of my top end if I did that. But I will get over it and test, after all this is what it's all about. Testing time is at a very very costly premium, that's the most difficult problem I face.

To give you some further idea, I would compare the launch I had when using brushed 27 turn motors when the car would just blast off the grid like out of a cannon. I had to be careful not to wipe out the cars in front (if there were any). Right now, I have to watch the cars behind me so I don't get wiped out.

For Randy, just to give you an example, I was talking yesterday with a friend at the track and he told me he didn't buy a Tekin simply because he doesn't have the time to tune it and the car even though he admitted the superiority of the Tekin system. It is a difficult situation we have here, but it's all we have (we are the last club to race regularly and weekly on road in the state).
I do understand that reason to a point, but once you have a standard setup, you can use that setup with pretty much any track. It doesnt take a long time to find that setup. Most setups can be found here and works 90% of the time.

I could try and optimize my setup even more, however I'd be nit picking and time would be better spent honing my driving skills rather than finding an extra 0.1sec per lap through esc setups.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Akudou
Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it alot. Do you mind sharing the setup on the hotwire vegas firmware like which to use and settings on each mode. I have the setup which is perfect for my 11.5t but very new to mod setup and therefor would not like to risk burning my new motor.

I also need help on setting up on 5.5t sensor and sensorless which i intend to use on my 1/10 buggy.
sensored (with timing & turbo) is NOT deigned for mod racing. It will create a lot of heat in the motor and the ESC. If u dont like to risk burning up your gears, just run dual mode for mod racing.

If you really want to try sensored mode + mod, my advice is to turn your boost to a very low level, like around 10-20, and no turbo to start. and up your gearing. temp both motor and esc, then adjust.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

+1 to the ESC is only as complicated as you make it. You can simply use the starting points suggested and check for temps, then stop there. You don't have to squeeze every tenth if you don't want to. I don't, but I can if I ever want to.

--pakk
Old 03-31-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hacker
I do understand that reason to a point, but once you have a standard setup, you can use that setup with pretty much any track. It doesnt take a long time to find that setup. Most setups can be found here and works 90% of the time.

I could try and optimize my setup even more, however I'd be nit picking and time would be better spent honing my driving skills rather than finding an extra 0.1sec per lap through esc setups.
Agreed. The issue of taking off the grid is important to me only because if I get wiped out on the start, no amount of skill will make any difference (as it happened yesterday). I have been wiped out twice in the finals rigth off the grid, and I can't blame anything else but my poor setup (for start purposes). Both times I have managed to climb back ( even though the first time the marshalls took 12 seconds to put my car back on the track, that's one lap on our track) to third and even second before finishing in fourth both times due to personal mistakes. So you see, the car is very competitive, and I am sure, with a clean start I wouldn't find any extra time, but I would be fighting the top guys instead of the bottom.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.