Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 02:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
i know that some of you have been waiting for this
Wow you're right, that guys wiring job is terrible

I knew I'd cop it from you for buying a Tekin, I nearly created a new username before posting in here
Old 03-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Attachment 562600

Attachment 562601

Randy, Emile and Scotty Ernst you got mail
I am not here to start any fights between SP and Team Tekin especially since in the future I want to get a Tekin to go with a TM E4RS for space, but how do these pictures prove a "Team Driver from SP" was perpetrating a fraud here? I can make out the sticker and maybe the Tekin wire attachment posts but there is no picture of the car or car with driver. If he did do it though then that is F***** up and he needs to be FIRED!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 02:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dfiantii
I am not here to start any fights between SP and Team Tekin especially since in the future I want to get a Tekin to go with a TM E4RS for space, but how do these pictures prove a "Team Driver from SP" was perpetrating a fraud here? I can make out the sticker and maybe the Tekin wire attachment posts but there is no picture of the car or car with driver. If he did do it though then that is F***** up and he needs to be FIRED!!!
the pictures don't really prove anything though ? sp speedo's have posts to solder to on the side as well ?
Old 03-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chris_dono
the pictures don't really prove anything though ? sp speedo's have posts to solder to on the side as well ?
I can tell it might be a tekin from the sensor plug. SP sensor plug is enclosed with the esc not outside and a different color from the esc itself..
Old 03-03-2010, 02:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrew188
I think something else is up with that SP driver's car, other than the speedo. In the 3rd leg of the A main final, that green and white car attacked me and I noticed his car was like a rocket on the straightaway. He could gain about 20 feet on me on the straight away alone. My car was definitely not slow. There is no way his car could be so fast even with a Tekin. During the practice runs, I saw his car as fast as some of the mod cars, and when his buddies temped his motors, I went to took a look also, and it was only 75 degree C. Battery may be?
Ha andrew about 75C is about right i that was what he was running in practice when i first setup his esc

are you the andrew that was 2nd for the amains

if so was a plessure meeting you and i hope to see you in july
Old 03-03-2010, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

not here to f*&% anyones drive just saying that sp is not were they need it to be just yet and that there team drivers had there new 2.1 speedo but prefered the tekin for a larger track

go Team Tekin great job
Old 03-03-2010, 02:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can tell it might be a tekin from the sensor plug. SP sensor plug is enclosed with the esc not outside and a different color from the esc itself..
its definitely a Tekin, Senna was over at the TITC in thailand with these guys setting their so called SP speedo up for them apparently lol.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

you can defintitely tell its a Tekin speedy by the white sensor lead plug and the location in relation to the posts, as well as the switch is all Tekin and nothing like a speed passion switch.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Very Embarrassing. Either race with what you have and loose with some damn dignity or don't race at all. What a farce on there part...
Old 03-03-2010, 02:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

not here to f*&% anyones drive just saying that sp is not were they need it to be just yet and that there team drivers had there new 2.1 speedo but prefered the tekin for a larger track

go Team Tekin great job
Wilson was not a happy chappy when he found out about SP guys running Tekin

I was running the snowbirds setup, and had good pace in practice,but after a RS Pro incinerated itself in the pre qual, i was too scared to really push it during the event with the settings, in the final i took it up a notch and the speed came back somewhat, so looks like i was just being too much of a pussy.

Unfortunately someone either hid the speedie remains or put them in the bin overnight so i did not get to take a pic. But holy hell the tekin boys can pack a lot of smoke into that small box, the case was completely liquified, and the internals were completely destroyed, the whole thing turned to charcoal. It even melted the side of the receiver.

The strange thing is that the battery and motor were both fine
Old 03-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JamieV
Hi,

Firstly apologies if this has been covered before !

I am new to Tekin and have just purchased an RS Pro. Overall I can't complain it certainly has the top end and the grunt - Just one small dilemma:-

Just wondered if anyone has experienced a delay on starting (Only really noticable in the Finals). A little disappointing when you hear the buzzer and hit the throttle only to be left standing as others fly by. This is probably only a fraction of a second or so but makes all the difference.

My settings for 13.5 on Carpet are :

Vegas 2.03
Boost 50
No Turbo (Track with 25m Straight so not needed - When I have tried turbo it comes in too late and I am left with virtually no brakes!)
Throttle Profile 4
Start RPM 2800
Finish RPM 9600

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks
What's your neutral width? If it is too high it could give that effect.

Trev
Old 03-03-2010, 03:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TrevCoult
What's your neutral width? If it is too high it could give that effect.

Trev
Sorry, Neutral Width is 10

Thanks
Old 03-03-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Adept

Ha andrew about 75C is about right i that was what he was running in practice when i first setup his esc

are you the andrew that was 2nd for the amains

if so was a plessure meeting you and i hope to see you in july
Yes, I am that guy with the antique cyclone It was so nice to meet the Aussie team. I like to thank you guys for taking the time to come over to join the fun. There will be a big race once the new RCS is opened, and I am pretty sure it will be a great track that is very consistent. I hope you guys could come over again to enjoy the new indoor facility. I know many guys from Malaysia and Singapore are planning to come over for that race.

Once the date is confirmed, I will let you know, so you can buy your air tickets ahead of time to save some money
Old 03-03-2010, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Attachment 562600

Attachment 562601

Randy, Emile and Scotty Ernst you got mail
Thanks I mail them to some club members.
They are great.

Tekin is the best

This happens more often than you think.
Some drivers even drive with an other car than they usually have.
Even parts of other cars are used to improve there own car.
This time they improved the car with a better speedo

Originally Posted by JamieV
Hi,

Firstly apologies if this has been covered before !

I am new to Tekin and have just purchased an RS Pro. Overall I can't complain it certainly has the top end and the grunt - Just one small dilemma:-

Just wondered if anyone has experienced a delay on starting (Only really noticable in the Finals). A little disappointing when you hear the buzzer and hit the throttle only to be left standing as others fly by. This is probably only a fraction of a second or so but makes all the difference.

My settings for 13.5 on Carpet are :

Vegas 2.03
Boost 50
No Turbo (Track with 25m Straight so not needed - When I have tried turbo it comes in too late and I am left with virtually no brakes!)
Throttle Profile 4
Start RPM 2800
Finish RPM 9600

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks
Use Jason his setup.
You will use the Turbo but it's incredible fast.
The Turbo comes in ad the start when given full throttle.
His setup is on the Tekin site.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andrew188
Yes, I am that guy with the antique cyclone It was so nice to meet the Aussie team. I like to thank you guys for taking the time to come over to join the fun. There will be a big race once the new RCS is opened, and I am pretty sure it will be a great track that is very consistent. I hope you guys could come over again to enjoy the new indoor facility. I know many guys from Malaysia and Singapore are planning to come over for that race.

Once the date is confirmed, I will let you know, so you can buy your air tickets ahead of time to save some money
Thanks andrew Im not sure about the rest of Team Aus, but i will be over in july either way as it is PA 64th birthday and the year of the Tiger so it is a must it will just be a bouns is there is a large meet on the same time, if not i will endver to get some track time regardless

But team Aus, will be there iwith larger no. next year im sure as im not the only one to add it to my race calander

thanks again for a great time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.