Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tekin RS ESC sensored >

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Old 02-24-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
To do updates yes you need a pc,to do timing and rpm changes yes you need a pc,for 13.5 the rs is fine but what do you run in mod

i would guess a 7.5
I ran a Novak 4.5 Velocity in my 1/12 Tekin RS with no problems. The speedo temp was 160 after 8min.

Steve Dunn
Old 02-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I heard you can run unlimited motor turn if you add another capacitor
Old 02-24-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tdt1805
I heard you can run unlimited motor turn if you add another capacitor
The extra cap helps but it's not a way to run any motor. It's more important to get a fan blowing across the posts and keep it cool that way.

In the end for me, a 5.5 has been the safe limit for the RS. Add a fan if it's getting warm and you'll be fine.

I've had no problems fitting the pro in anything I run. There's no good reason not to get the pro if you're planning on running a lot of mod. The cost isn't that much more.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

is it the RS or the RS pro that is fastest for stock spec say 13.5
Old 02-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dusttt
is it the RS or the RS pro that is fastest for stock spec say 13.5
Just read all the previous posts on this thread to answer your question...
Old 02-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Both the Rs/Rs Pro will run great but if your just running stock and not mod than save the extra money and get the rs.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey guys got a chance to run my new RS today and all I can say is wow...my blue stock spec speedo looks like cold molasses in comparison. My question is regarding non-turbo boost setups for small carpet tracks. I started with Jeff Cuff's 17.5 TC carpet setup from the Tekin site, 5.86 FDR, Speed Passion V3 17.5 timing at 0*, on a 77x36 carpet track. Figuring in 7 or so feet of lane width at each end, that makes the back straight 63' give or take of actual straightaway, and I can tell the car is just starting to hit "2nd gear" right about where it is time to check up for the 180 at the end of the straight. I've read in several places not to use turbo boost on tracks with under 80' of straight, so what changes do I make to the other settings and/or gearing with the turbo boost disabled?

-rocky b
Old 02-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Which would be exactly the same thing as changing the endpoint on the radio. Why have the exact same adjustment in two different places? To me, that would be like putting trim buttons on the receiver. Why when you can adjust it from the radio to suit your needs?
I don't expect to change your mind dude. If you don't agree, then you don't agree. It's as simple as that.

When I read that two very experienced racers (P2 and Marcos.J) have problems with turbo cutting out on them, it bothers me. I wouldn't think they have crappy radios. I think both of these guys know how to set their throttle. Are we suppose to check the throttle setting before we put the car on the track each and every time we turn on the transmitter to make sure the full throttle signal registers properly on the ESC? What if it's borderline good and just about to wander off? You say it wasn't a problem before turbo, because nobody noticed, but guess what - it's a problem for some people now. If Tekin can add some peace of mind for those that might be concerned that their going to have a problem during a race, why not make it an option for some people and incorporate it into the product?

Bottom line, is that there is a problem with turbo cutting out on some people - weather it be their own fault for not bumping up the endpoint, incorrect calibration or because of the radio itself. If Tekin doesn't think it's their problem, then it's not their problem. Okay?

Anyway... That's my argument for incorporating something into the ESC.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flatspunout
Hey guys got a chance to run my new RS today and all I can say is wow...my blue stock spec speedo looks like cold molasses in comparison. My question is regarding non-turbo boost setups for small carpet tracks. I started with Jeff Cuff's 17.5 TC carpet setup from the Tekin site, 5.86 FDR, Speed Passion V3 17.5 timing at 0*, on a 77x36 carpet track. Figuring in 7 or so feet of lane width at each end, that makes the back straight 63' give or take of actual straightaway, and I can tell the car is just starting to hit "2nd gear" right about where it is time to check up for the 180 at the end of the straight. I've read in several places not to use turbo boost on tracks with under 80' of straight, so what changes do I make to the other settings and/or gearing with the turbo boost disabled?

-rocky b
I could be way out of line, but low your starting RPM range... what you do not want (If you have the control with your finger, is to 100%, until you need to "Boost" and pass Terry... So if you can hold back on the infield, you have boost in your back pocket for the need.....
Old 02-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

I have heard so many nice things about this boost, I just purchased an RS for my computer, man is it wicked fast...
Old 02-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
...When I read that two very experienced racers (P2 and Marcos.J)...
You mean experienced keyboard racer??
rmd, you should get one of them tekin speedos and try it first before you suggest any mods to it. It's a fantastic product. And from my recent experience, Tekin also provides great customer service if you should need it.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I could be way out of line, but low your starting RPM range... what you do not want (If you have the control with your finger, is to 100%, until you need to "Boost" and pass Terry... So if you can hold back on the infield, you have boost in your back pocket for the need.....
Terry's got turbo too...and control with the finger! All this turbo boosting going around should be great for Lee's parts sales

-rocky b
Old 02-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

RMD the throttle calibration issue is not only with Tekin but also with other brands of esc.
I had the same hassle with my SP and Hobbywing esc's.
It can be avoided if you make a habit or recalibrating the radio to esc after you make changes to settings or software.
Locally we found the KO radios to be the most problematic when it came to wondering end points.
I set my end point on my EXZES to 95% when calibrating and then increase to 100% when finished calibrating. since doing this i have never had turbo stop working.

This is not a issue on the esc side but more so a radio issue in my opinion.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flatspunout
Terry's got turbo too...all this turbo boosting going around should be great for Lee's parts sales

-rocky b
You need an over coat (like in on the streets of New York, selling watches) with Front and Rear arms, C hubs, for the cars... Wait for the hit, then run over with the coat on, and tell them... "Man you need a rear arm, front arm, watch, slower motor, C hub... I got what you need..." (like a drug pusher....)

sorry to everyone else.. You have to know this group in Jackson, MS... They are great, but we really like to cut up on each other.... if you are going though, stop and run, you will have the time of your life.... GREAT Group of people.... They got your off road, on road, carpet.... they have your fix for life.... If you can not leave with a smile in your heart, your dead......
Old 02-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

@RMD the turbo stopping to function mid run also doesn't effect everybody, I for one have never had the turbo drop off once since Tekin introduced Turbo. I also don't run the best radio out there(Hitec Aggressor CRX), I do however think that the radio age does have an impact on how much the end points may wander.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.