Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

I guess my question was why would you want a wider RPM band on a larger track. I suppose you take into account a higher rollout when you say the window would be wider?
Old 02-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I agree here. Cuff's setup says 2000-7000 but 2000 doesn't come up either. I ran schreff's 13.5 setup in 17.5 yesterday with a 5.86 FDR. Car was very fast and easy to drive. Ripped out of the corners and pulled smooth for the entire straight.
The software GUI accepts the end rpm number you type in (say, 10000) and then you select a start rpm and you update settings.

When you go back into the settings, the max rpm has a slightly different number to the one you put in. Whenever I put in 10000 rom, it always cames back as 10001. As Randy says above, the first two numbers are the most important.

It would be best if people posted what they entered on to the end rpm, and what they selected as start rpm from the list. The actual numbers it selects will be the same if we start with the same inputs and selections. HTH
Old 02-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by niznai
I guess my question was why would you want a wider RPM band on a larger track. I suppose you take into account a higher rollout when you say the window would be wider?
the bigger the track, the more spaced out you want the turbo to operate, if it worked in short burts, imho it could lead to the motor getting hotter, quicker- you'd be spooling the car up too quick, topping out early- you want the motor to keep pulling, not fade away.

On smaller tracks, you need that instant HP boost, so you narrow the rpm range to make that happen.

Thats my understanding of it anyways...
Old 02-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SlowerOne
The software GUI accepts the end rpm number you type in (say, 10000) and then you select a start rpm and you update settings.

When you go back into the settings, the max rpm has a slightly different number to the one you put in. Whenever I put in 10000 rom, it always cames back as 10001. As Randy says above, the first two numbers are the most important.

It would be best if people posted what they entered on to the end rpm, and what they selected as start rpm from the list. The actual numbers it selects will be the same if we start with the same inputs and selections. HTH
I wasn't questioning the process, I was just showing another example of the RPM range being "approximate" on a setup sheet.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobie814
Hello Mikky32,

Can I use this setup on my T3 with a LRP X12 10.5 Stock with rubber tires on an interior carpet track with quite a long straight ? thanks in advance for your help.
Originally Posted by mikky32
Set your Boost down and replace it with Turbo.
As you lower your boost to 45 and set 10 Turbo, You will have a smoother acceleration.

What you also can do is use this setup.

Boost 50
Turbo 10
Turbo delay 0
Turbo ramp 2
Start RPM 5100
End RPM 17000
Throttle 5
Gearing 7FDR (to start with) Watch the motor temp.
As you don't do full throttle, your car drives easier away.
So for the infield this is better to drive.
When you hit the straight. give full throttle and you fly away.
As you want even more acceleration set your Turbo ramp to 3. Hold on this is fast.
HEY MIKKY

that set up is FANTASTIC !!!!! i used it tonight and i am as quick as my fastest lap with the SPX but now i do 5 or 6 laps close to my quick ones

if i can keep the car tight and nice in the corners i am up there with the fastest guys in our club

the only thing i changed was boost 54 and gearing of 6.64

my xrays set up is as box appart from i added 1.5mm not 1mm on the front camber link outer joint to remove a bit of steering

Thanks to Tekin for a wonderful speedo and thanks to every one on this topic for the advice

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK !!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hobie814
Hello Mikky32,

Can I use this setup on my T3 with a LRP X12 10.5 Stock with rubber tires on an interior carpet track with quite a long straight ? thanks in advance for your help.
Jason posted on this topic that the LRP X12 can't handle this setup.
Your motor becomes very hot.
I found also that the motor get's hotter than with the other setups.
I believe also that the motor can't handle this setup so I wouldn't use this setup.
Start with a setup without any Turbo and ad it when needed but only for top speed.

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
HEY MIKKY

that set up is FANTASTIC !!!!! i used it tonight and i am as quick as my fastest lap with the SPX but now i do 5 or 6 laps close to my quick ones

if i can keep the car tight and nice in the corners i am up there with the fastest guys in our club

my xrays set up is as box appart from i added 1.5mm not 1mm on the front camber link outer joint to remove a bit of steering

Thanks to Tekin for a wonderful speedo and thanks to every one on this topic for the advice

Good to hear that the setup works for you.
You will be faster than your old fastest lap after you get used to the power.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
HEY MIKKY

Put the steering back and find more rear traction and you'll be breaking your lap record in no time ;-)
Old 02-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

hi,i have a question.the Tekin RS PRO work great in 4.5t MOD TC.thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Just got done installing my Tekin RS into my TC5 and I have a few questions..

First of all how do I get rid of reverse? I looked in the manual and I didnt see how too.

and also now my servo is making that noise that all digital servos make all the time.. Is it gonna do that forever? cause i cant get it to stop,, and my LRP never made it make that noise when it was in the car.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by IVAN RM
hi,i have a question.the Tekin RS PRO work great in 4.5t MOD TC.thanks
the pro can handle anything you throw at it
Old 02-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by C_Money

First of all how do I get rid of reverse? I looked in the manual and I didnt see how too.

and also now my servo is making that noise that all digital servos make all the time.. Is it gonna do that forever? cause i cant get it to stop,, and my LRP never made it make that noise when it was in the car.
Reverse can be locked out by choosing BL/FW on Motor Type.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by C_Money

to change press mode until #6 led MT (motor type) press the INCR 1 led for forward/brake only
Old 02-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default RS with Redline 21.5

Just a quesiton regarding the redline motors.. The motor can came in the box with the standard timing at 12 degrees. Since the timing is now handled by the Speed Controller should I change the can timing back to 0?? Is this what everyone else is doing??

As on some of the V203 setup sheets I have noticed that the end bell timing is set to standard.. does this mean 12 degrees for the redline motor or 0 degrees..

When I run the Redline motor compared to a LRP Vector X11 is seems to have higher timing standard.. just an observation I have noticed with gearing of the two motors so I though the timing of the redline should be taken back to 0..

Cheers
Old 02-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ok and the servo noise? Or is that just the servo trying to find center and will never really go away?
Old 02-12-2010, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyanyde
Put the steering back and find more rear traction and you'll be breaking your lap record in no time ;-)
i am quite happy with my set up

i just need to be less agressave on the throttle

it is me not the car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.