Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Jeremy Otis
I totally agree with this as well. I have run version 198 against the newer versions and have had very good successs in single cell 13.5. Simple to set up and get right and very fast. On a small track it would be interesting to see how it would fair against v203.

Don't get me wrong though, every updated version of software has something new to offer and can make your car faster in the right environment, but I don't like to overcomplicate myself with the options It's good to know the software is on a constant development curve.

i've heard good things that it can make the motor work at a cooler temperature too, which is always good.

I don't see newer software as an easy fix to making the car faster either, if you're happy with how the car is going then stick with what you have, but if you feel the need to upgrade/like the technical side of brushless and/or want to learn what the newer versions have then thats cool

Theres never going to be 1 single answer to getting a good result, everyone has their own way of doing it
Old 01-08-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I wouldn't say this new version isn't better on a short track. The testing I did Monday with a friends 1/12th scale on a small track with the new version gave more infield rip then I have ever seen in a brushless car. Well set-up Tekins have always had great top end but the advantage with his car was the speed in the infield. It felt like an old brushed mod car. Despite the chassis being a bit off, I was running TQ times with his car. I'm dropping a nearly identical speedo/motor set-up in my car right now and have high hopes for a victory this weekend.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MarkBrown
I'd really like to see a motor timing calibration capability in the firmware. If there isn't room for it, then put out a firmware version that *only* does motor timing calibration, and we can switch to that version when we need it, then switch back. You only have to calibrate each motor once, after all. If you read over this thread you'll find that a significant fraction of the problems are caused by confusion about how much timing is in the various brands of motors.
this is a great idea! please

oh and a little data logger? rpm and time

most important Thanks Tekin
Old 01-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tc3team
Don't get me wrong though, every updated version of software has something new to offer and can make your car faster in the right environment, but I don't like to overcomplicate myself with the options It's good to know the software is on a constant development curve.

i've heard good things that it can make the motor work at a cooler temperature too, which is always good.

I don't see newer software as an easy fix to making the car faster either, if you're happy with how the car is going then stick with what you have, but if you feel the need to upgrade/like the technical side of brushless and/or want to learn what the newer versions have then thats cool

Theres never going to be 1 single answer to getting a good result, everyone has their own way of doing it
Exactly! There is a progression in the adjustability of the software that offers each driver a chance to "learn" and try to move forward. The tune-ability and drive-ability of the newer v203 is apparent. Those that had a real good setup for an older version might not see as dramatic of a leap forward, especially on smaller layouts.

The interesting thing on my home track (small) listed in the earlier post is the comparison of the setups of v200 and v203. In v200, I was using o* motor, 25* Boost, 20* Turbo and a 0.4Delay. I was guesstimating that my Turbo was "hitting" at around the 35' mark of WOT. With v203, I have 0* motor, 50* Boost, and tried Turbo various settings at 0.7 Delay (caused to much heat) and 0.8 delay (came on at the 60' mark of WOT which is where I need to get off the throttle for a corner). My point - The progression of the software setups matches up with my tuning needs on my track. As an aspiring intermediate level driver, we (I) need to refer to my notes and setups often to make sure I'm not venturing out into Right Field.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by VRacing
As an aspiring intermediate level driver, we (I) need to refer to my notes and setups often to make sure I'm not venturing out into Right Field.

If you are in the sharp end of the A final, and usually looking for tenths of a second, the newer software can help in the right application, but not everyone has that ability or technical know how to get the most out of newer software or a consistant lap time to utilise it well enough.

If you install the newer software and feel a bit lost by it, you might then need to reinstall the older version to find your feet again.

Jump when you need to, not because you feel you have to because that is what everyone else is using

The newer software was designed because in some situations, the existing software wasnt good enough for the best racers that go to big events.

More ajustability was needed, and the new software delivered that

Most of all though, have fun and enjoy your racing! Don't overcomplicate things unless you have the time and desire to. Racing is one big learning curve.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Team Tekin

We intend to make some easy buttons in the hotwire so you do not have to mess with the advanced features.

We also intend to put a set of 'TimingProfiles' right on the esc so you do not always need a Hotwire. 'Timing Profiles' 1 -13 that are increasingly aggressive in replace of the 'Throttle Profiles'. Low 'Timing Profiles' for mod and high 'Timing Profiles' for spec like everyone else, but still a lot more choices to dial it in

That means the preset 'Throttle Profiles' and 'Custom Throttle Profiles' will only accessible thru the hotwire. The preset throttle profiles can also be created with most radios using the 'expo' functions.

Tekin Prez
Old 01-08-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Sounds neat

I think the main thing is, simplified terms on what the new features do is very useful and hovering over different parameters explains things well

"The geeks and the less geeky racer" are two very different breeds of r/c racer
Old 01-08-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamTekin
We intend to make some easy buttons in the hotwire so you do not have to mess with the advanced features.

We also intend to put a set of 'TimingProfiles' right on the esc so you do not always need a Hotwire. 'Timing Profiles' 1 -13 that are increasingly aggressive in replace of the 'Throttle Profiles'. Low 'Timing Profiles' for mod and high 'Timing Profiles' for spec like everyone else, but still a lot more choices to dial it in

That means the preset 'Throttle Profiles' and 'Custom Throttle Profiles' will only accessible thru the hotwire. The preset throttle profiles can also be created with most radios using the 'expo' functions.

Tekin Prez
Will there also be a save function so we can save our setups and send to other drivers?

Data logger is great. Can it also give the speedo temp and motor temp?
Also were the motor needs the most power?
That helps with finding the right gearing and boost settings.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamTekin

Tekin Prez
That's awesome! You guys listen and take action!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Data logger is great. Can it also give the speedo temp and motor temp?
Also were the motor needs the most power?
That helps with finding the right gearing and boost settings.
I used one to help "Dial In" the 203 software in an oval car. Has very good information on RPM, Voltage and I used just one temp point on the motor, but comes with a harnes that would give you multiple temp points. Found very usefull, just need to see how to "Shoe Horn" it into my 1/12 scale.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Imagine if some software could be created where after a few quality laps around the track you could pull the car off, plug it into the esc through hotwire, and bring up a graph where you could see your throttle curves all laid out on a chart on the screen and set your rpm range just by looking at the curves presented to you. And all of the guess work is behind you espically if you go to another track or change track layouts periodically. HINT HINT. Thanks Tekin!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Another suggestion for Tekin folks... on the RS2 and Hotwire2 when you release them many moons from now, I highly suggest NOT using the receiver plug as the interface into the hotwire... its a pain to plug in, plug out, plug in, plug out when doing track testing. Maybe a camera style USB plug right on the side of the ESC would work so you could leave your car as is.... perhaps even have the car on AND be hooked up to the hotwire at the same time?

Thanks Tekin.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIITA
Imagine if some software could be created where after a few quality laps around the track you could pull the car off, plug it into the esc through hotwire, and bring up a graph where you could see your throttle curves all laid out on a chart on the screen and set your rpm range just by looking at the curves presented to you. And all of the guess work is behind you espically if you go to another track or change track layouts periodically. HINT HINT. Thanks Tekin!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you will find the Robitronics Icube already does this, so it can be done, What do you say Team Tekinthat would put you well out in front!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Another suggestion for Tekin folks... on the RS2 and Hotwire2 when you release them many moons from now, I highly suggest NOT using the receiver plug as the interface into the hotwire... its a pain to plug in, plug out, plug in, plug out when doing track testing. Maybe a camera style USB plug right on the side of the ESC would work so you could leave your car as is.... perhaps even have the car on AND be hooked up to the hotwire at the same time?

Thanks Tekin.
+1 The Icube has a mini usb built into the on off switch so no removing any wires
Old 01-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Toolmannz2
+1 The Icube has a mini usb built into the on off switch so no removing any wires
great idea
the in and out servo plug bugs me also great time
is it posible to do it with a y servo cable?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.