Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 10:25 AM
oze
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Actually I neve claimed a high power booster(N___K) was working any better. In fact that booster is the one so far causing the most issues.
Randy, does this mean ALL of these boosters got problems or some of them?

What is the problem exactly? Do you lose control over the car or does the servo slow down?

I am running with this booster now with 200Vegas. If the problem comes and I go back to this version from v203, then I assume the problem will go away. Right?
Old 01-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by oze
Randy, does this mean ALL of these boosters got problems or some of them?

What is the problem exactly? Do you lose control over the car or does the servo slow down?

I am running with this booster now with 200Vegas. If the problem comes and I go back to this version from v203, then I assume the problem will go away. Right?
I don't know why some boosters do this but it seems to depend on the combination of equipment. With a TQ booster I had no problem with a N****m ESC and Futaba servo, or RS and Futaba servo, but did with with and RS and a JR servo, even with 200. My problem was always with the PT missing laps and the servo chattering around centre. The only booster I know that has worked every time to my knowledge so far is the RC Dynamics one I mentioned earlier, which is why I bought one. I have to admit I have no idea why this one works and others don't but it does so I and others with it are staying with them. The best details are at the end of the post here http://www.rctech.net/forum/6798841-post9780.html

Like Randy says the other alternative is an Rx pack.

Trev
Old 01-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi all-I have reg. and downloaded the new 4.0 software.I am running 32 bit Vista home premieum on a pc.I deleted the old version of hotwire,reboot,extracted the zip,and loaded the bat.and setup files.When I run the Hotwire now-I get the "old " screen without the advance tabs or any of the 2.03 settings.It shows the current version as 203 in the window,but no 2.0-only 198 and lower.When I put the speedo on another comp.(not mine)it comes up normally and am able to adj.What am I doing wrong?I have tried it several times(deleting and reloading)but still the same results.Any help would be much apreciated.Sorry for being such a computer hack.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

When a booster isn't getting it done the servo slows down, might stutter a bit too. Usually though the P/T skips laps first.

So far the Tq cells booster has shown to work without issue.

They can also go into a low voltage type cut off where the car just won't move.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Why would booster cut out be happening with 203 and not with the previous versions?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Why would booster cut out be happening with 203 and not with the previous versions?
More current draw leads to voltage droop in the booster?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

No issues with the TQ booster here.
Redline 13.5 1S
7500 sqft Extreme grip high speed asphalt.

Profile-3
SR-2500
ER-7500
Boost-45
Turbo-10
Delay-.3
Ramp-2
Roll-77mm
F-104 Pro
Foam Tyres

This was the initial setup minus Turbo, significantly faster than V200 !
Off corners, and Top speed.

Well done Tekin

Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 01-03-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GasGod
Hi all-I have reg. and downloaded the new 4.0 software.I am running 32 bit Vista home premieum on a pc.I deleted the old version of hotwire,reboot,extracted the zip,and loaded the bat.and setup files.When I run the Hotwire now-I get the "old " screen without the advance tabs or any of the 2.03 settings.It shows the current version as 203 in the window,but no 2.0-only 198 and lower.When I put the speedo on another comp.(not mine)it comes up normally and am able to adj.What am I doing wrong?I have tried it several times(deleting and reloading)but still the same results.Any help would be much apreciated.Sorry for being such a computer hack.
if you see 203 click update esc first and then check to see if you the rpm setting in the advance
Old 01-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What it looks like so far is the Novak booster needs 3.3volts min or it goes into cutoff mode and the TQ can work fine down to 2.6 volts so the extra demand on the lipo battery is not affecting the TQ booster. We probably need the Novak rep to confirm this.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

i have no probs with the boost in my car today, running max boost time 50 start 2436 end 6995 roll 90 ,
Old 01-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Smoke-- The 2.03 ver. was in the current version window- not the avail.(slider) window-I tried the update tab and now the speedo is back to 198,with no 200 or 203 showing anywhere.BUMMER--
As I said before I see no advanced tab,its the old hotwire screen,with only the view version, apply settings,update esc tabs.I had 199 as well as 200 on this speedo before the new download.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

it did come to you as a email
Old 01-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyanyde
I'd start with 30000-7000. Without any software timing, A 10.5 with 12 degrees should have good torque up to about 10k rpm. Timing should start somewhere there. And end timing at 30000rpm is ok too as its no where near its max revving potential.

Just remember that too much timing reduces torque, and too little timing reduces revs. Find the balance.
Thanks, I will try that the next time.

I drove now very light and with full Turbo.
It was incredible. The car was like a mod car. My opponent's were not happy with me. I was a lot faster. The only problem that there was, was that I'm not a mod driver and I missed almost all my corners. This gave the others some advantage.
I will go for Boost only and now I understand how it works I can easier find a good setup.

Infield power was better than yesterday because I changed a bit my RPM settings and Boost.
The Turbo was to much but it was fun.
I blew my finals because of to much power that I can handle but it was fun to drive.
I was fighting in the race with an other driver and he had a SPX and he was impressed. The TC that he had before was on the small indoor track not slower than the SPX but the Tekin is faster than any other speed controller he has ever seen.

I'm glad that at our club the motor will be a 13,5T. 10,5 was already fast but this is to fast for me.
I'm going to play with the RPM settings you gave me cyanyde and I will gear much heavier. It makes sens to me now I have got more info and tried more on the settings.
The Turbo is great by the way. an other driver wanted to see it on the big track. he believes that it will crush all track records from the stock and that it will come very close to the mod if not bead it.

The blue drivers were not happy. LOL
I don't need to buy a new speedo each time and I'm very happy with it.

The only problem that I have now is the 17,5T class ad my club.
This is so fast as the stock last year if not faster.
It's the beginners class ad my club so I must see what I will do with the V203.
I think that this is much to fast for a beginners class.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Saw some booster issues last night on the oval with V203, one with the novak smart boost, kept shutting off every few laps. Was probably hitting the LV cutoff.
I lost a Dimension engineering LVboost, just went up in smoke. So far out of 3 DE boosters and two TQ boosters, I have lost one of each. Might be enough to go back to a RX pack.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GasGod
Smoke-- The 2.03 ver. was in the current version window- not the avail.(slider) window-I tried the update tab and now the speedo is back to 198,with no 200 or 203 showing anywhere.BUMMER--
As I said before I see no advanced tab,its the old hotwire screen,with only the view version, apply settings,update esc tabs.I had 199 as well as 200 on this speedo before the new download.
I know your problem...please PM your phone numbers to me..Franko

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.